Olenick & Associates Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good company to work for
software testing and project management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2018
Olenick is a consulting firm specializing in software testing. If you like to do software QA and are in the Chicago area this company may be for you.
Pros
multiple clients
Cons
no advancement options
Great Team
Quality Assurance Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2018
This was a great group of people to work with. Everyone was accountable for their work products and they were all fun to work with. Olenick is a great company that really cares about their employees as well as their clients.
Very Unprofessional - You're not an FTE, You're Staff Aug
Senior Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2017
Don't be fooled. You'll be treated like a commodity and all the company cares about is getting money from their clients. Many clients will treat you poorly, like a contractor and slave labor. Olenick will do nothing about it because all they care about is keeping the account. They do not stand up for their consultants.
Pros
Cons
You are a commodity, not a valued employee.
Great People
Management Consultant - Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 9, 2017
Very professional consultants! I enjoy working with very experienced consultants in the Chicago area as well as abroad in our Northern Ireland locations.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
A few more company meetings would be good
Good people overall
Business Development and Account Management (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2017
Mixed culture of people.
Mixed ages.
In early, work through lunches, stay late.
Typical day for me was, meetings, training classes, and research, i.e. working on making new contacts with people in an effort to facilitate business in the form of contracted software tester consultants.
Hardest part was going through lots of contacts and businesses with no results.
Most enjoyable part were my associates.
Pros
Working in beautiful downtown Chicago on the river.
Cons
Expensive healthcare
Laid back and fun place to work
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2017
Great workplace environment filled with nice people who really care about your professional growth. Great opportunities for client exposure for consultants just entering the field.
Productive, enjoyable place to work
Manager, Associate, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2013
A typical day at Olenick for me is checking in with my team, working with new employees, proving updates to Sr. Management, acting as engagement managers on accounts, and managing my work on any account I'm working on. I have great co workers . I would tell you working with my team, mentoring and working with many clients is the best part of my job.
great company with nice, professional people
Lead Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 13, 2013
A very strong company to work for which is growing fast. There is no typical day here, it depends on which projects are open.
IT Consulting Firm
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2012
Typical day is spent finding candidates for our open positions at clients and internally. As a recruiter we find candidates through online sites, universities and our internal database.

The atmosphere is extremely ad-hoc with little to no process in place, which allows for flexibility but also can be chaotic.
Pros
work from home flexibility
Cons
limited holidays

Want to know more about Olenick & Associates?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olenick & Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Olenick & Associates Reviews by Location