Olgoonik

Benifits are good

HR are atentive

Financially very fair

Good salaries
Terrible place, not for the long term, easily fired.
The worst place I've ever worked. Management was so unprofessional, whoever the district manager is in Colorado should be fired. A lot of prejudice/bullying.
Decent depending on location
It is a good starting position but no room for growth. The company employees are fine but depending on the management you are under is where it gets tricky
Pros
An hour lunch
Cons
Healthcare and they will not fight for their employees
Trust that you will do the right thing- Dont Micro manage you
Since i have been employed with them they allow me to make the calls that benefit the project while protecting the company's interest. I am not subject to micro management and have total office to field support
Excellent Company
A place you will be surrounded by knowledgeable people. If you want to learn about contracts, this is a great company. Senior staff act as mentors, are very encouraging, and a wealth of knowledge. They want you to be successful and every step of the way offer support and guidance. Great company.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Quality assurance/warehouse specialists
I was hired as quality control specialist/warehouse specialist. Wasn't really paid for the job I did. It was a government contract. I did enjoy working with the people I worked with for the most part. My supervisor was awesome to work for.
Dynamic program but poor management and lack of training and advancement
Great health benefits and 401k package. However, poor management and lack of leadership. Understaffed and employees are made to do additional work outside their job descriptions without proper pay. Difficult for advancement and lack of education and training.
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, Low Morale
A great place to work and important work being done for The Department of State.
A typical work day is filled with most of my time being spent within our Access Control parameters and Microsoft Word/Excel. A few hours are spent each week on the Pilot program that I have been placed in charge of for our remote badging systems within the North Capitol Region.

I have learned the ins and outs of our systems that include creating door clearance that are compatible with our electronic systems for us to view at later times for security purposes.

Our workplace is a mainly quite quiet and based on a "responsible for your work" attitude. I'm always willing to help with other tasks if needed, and usually am the one placed with writing/editing Memos and Department Notices.
Pros
Working at State Department is a great privilege.
Good Company-Horrible DLA Fuels COR
Good job and nice pay for the area. Management is understanding and works with you. The problem is the DLA Fuels COR. The COR tries to run the show and is constantly looking over you. Makes it difficult at times.
Pros
Pay
Cons
DLA Fuels COR
Bullies,at work
Project Managers are bullies, on ego trips
They will through you under the bus to make themselves look good.Try to always down play your role to make themselves look good.
Pros
Good wages, time off.
Cons
Mid management
N/a
Would no like to discuss about this company. It needs better management. Very poor personnel and very bad experience working with this company. Have a good day.
Poltical
If it wasn't for the crew that I'm currently on. I would have already found a new job. Questionable upper management. Sly unfavorable tactics. Plus side even Labor's start out at twenty bucks an hour downside short pay raise gap.
Okay Place
Nice Atmosphere; people are nice. Learned what kind of people to work with a what kind of supervisor to work under. Hardest part of the job: being stressed and overwhelmed.
Travel
I worked out of the country for Olgoonik however, they were very supportive at ensuring that all needs were met. Their contracts are all over the world which is great if you are a "Road Warrior" coming from any branch of the military.
Pros
They really go over and above to make sure they match you with a position, that you can utilize as many of your skill sets as possible.
Cons
The best of their jobs are far from the USA so, you must be prepared to hit the deck running!
Work Day
Low stress, highly technical position. Work environment was low stress daily but could be highly stress during a threat event. Hardest part of the job was being located in a high threat environment.
work place
work place was never to busy since the department i work in was with fuels in Buckley. Mondays were always peaceful and boring since the air guard only work Tuesday throw Fridays plus drill weekends. never stressful days nor hard working days, very relax and chill times while at work. never see management since they are located in Colorado springs. since its a contract job their not a grantee that you'll have a long term employment unless you are the some of the senor guys and have people with less time with you. my only complaint i have with the company is that even tho most if all the personal and management were prior military or current with guard. the higher ups had problems every time with scheduled of employees being adjusted for the guard members whenever it was their drill weekend, or that they in person spoke a front of employees that they didn't wanted to hire any other guard members and wanted to get rid of current employees that were in the guard.
Pros
good job with benifits
Cons
management were anti guard members
Great People,
The management of the company is in Anchorage, Alaska with each of the subordinate LLC's managed where their General Manager is located. The East Coast office was in Alexandria, VA. During the period of time I worked there management took several turns, an d often restricted activities to the most senior person.
Contracted with Olgoonik to work for INL/DOS
Lived and worked in Mexico City for 10 months until my contract ended. I thoroughly enjoyed it. As a Border Security Advisor to INL, I made several trips to the Mexico/Guatemala border to access the situation and report back to INL/DOS in Mexico City.
Pros
living and working in Mexico City
Cons
short contract
A good company with challenging roles
Due to the business this company is used to doing, the jobs are quite interesting and challenging.

Working with anti-narcotics, anti-terrorism are areas for people with a lot of courage.

I must say managers some time lack of sensitivity with mid management, however, HR department is always trying to work on employee's relationships and make a better climate.
Sound and fair
Great Company Fair Company Above board Good upper managers Proper people Very ethical Very honest Very caring for clients and staff No issue whatsoever
Great managerial support
Olgoonik provides great management and corporate support and guidance. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that comes with achieving high standards of excellence set forth by the US Air Force.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olgoonik. Our community is ready to answer.