Olive Crest Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overall, I really enjoyed my time there at Olive Crest because I was able to help people improve their lives and event plan great events.
Alumni Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 10, 2018
Everyday at Olive was different because of the population that we served. I managed the Emancipated Foster Youth program that consisted of 18 to 26 year olds. The main task was to locate as many of the youth as possible to inform them of the services available to them. This required me being out in the community a great deal giving presentations, establishing meeting places, and putting on special events. The special events were majorly important because they created an opportunity to bring donors and sponsors to that helped grow the program. The culture was very fast pace because we have several different programs going on at the same time and many times these programs would intersect. The hardest part of my job was seeing a client really struggling in life due to mental health illness that resulted from past trauma. I learned a great deal about the balance of work and personal life. It is imperative not to carry work of this nature home. It is equally important to practice self-care.
Pros
The pros of the job was being able to provide vision, hope, and provide tangible results for clients.
Cons
clients with emotional issues, mental issues, and attaining necessary funds to have great special events.
Poor HR Department
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 31, 2018
The mission of Olive Crest is great; however, the organization neglects the own well-being of their employees to meet the company's needs. The HR department is unorganized and fails to equip their employees with the right tools to be successful.
I would NOT recommend working here.
No oppurtunity for advancement
Youth Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJanuary 30, 2018
They youth are the best part of the job, and the days can be long. Hard to get anything done because management doesn't understand what we do. There little training so that you are successful at your job.
Pros
flexable
Cons
no accountablity
Highly energetic and family style Group Home Services
Youth Partner (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 25, 2017
Everyday is a different day. We provide a structured program to ensure growth and individuality to aid in rehabilitation and treatment for at risk youth
Cons
Pay rate
They were very nice people
Day Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 1, 2017
I enjoyed being their because the people just wanted to help out the children who didn't know how to ask or receive. I enjoyed my time being there and I am glad that I got the opportunity to.
Pros
Helpful all around
Cons
I can't say there was a problem
Great place to start your career
Youth Partner (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 28, 2017
This location will help you develop skills in the mental health field. Lots of great support and supervision. I only recommend this job as a place to network and build your resume. Very difficult to advance and with the pay is low. Consider Olive Crest a stepping stone.
Rough.
THP + FC CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Bellflower, CAAugust 11, 2017
As a case manager, I struggled. They were understaffed, had questionable leadership, and I never truly felt supported. I was required to do the jobs of about 5 or 6 people on any given day. Many times I was expected to do jobs that I did not have the qualifications for or previous knowledge to do. I received no training nor was I given clear expectations of my role. (Although, I asked many, many times.) I, also, spent much of my day in the car driving miles and miles a day. In 2 months, I racked up as much as 2000 miles on my vehicle. It became unbearable for me, personally. But, if you are willing to drive a LOT, be on-call all day, everyday, have hardly any work-life balance, and inadequate support from leadership, this is definitely the job for you!
Pros
Organizational Culture, Kind staff
Cons
Hardly any work-life balance, Lots of manual labor, Lots of driving, No training, Pay not enough for case managers
Part time
Visitation Monitor (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WA 98004July 24, 2017
As a part time visitation monitor I did not receive any benefits or paid days off. Understandable as a part time employee, but felt unappreciated at times.
Great Workplace to help at-risk children
Web and Digital Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 22, 2017
Loved the mission and the people here! They are passionate about ending child-abuse and helping families thrive. The leadership team really care about the mission and the people they serve.
Wraparound Facilitator worked with "at risk" teens an their families with a variety of services.
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CAMay 19, 2017
There was no "typical day" at Olive Crest in the Wraparound program.

There were four professionals working with one child/family where the motto was "whatever it takes."

This was taken to the extreme with therapists staying at hotels with clients who didn't want to sleep at home. Once I was required to pay a motel bill out of my personal account so the family didn't get kicked out.

There were co-workers with little or no education giving opinions that I thought were prejudiced and unreasonable.
Pros
Nice Boss
Cons
Did not agree with Wraparound principles.
Collaborative approach to helping children with special needs in an educational setting
DIS Counselor (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 17, 2017
Olive Crest is a non-profit organization that helps at-risk youth feel safe and supported in the home and in their educational setting.
Olive Crest Academy is a non-public school for students in grades K-12 that need extra support in behavior modification through the use of their Individualized Education Plan.
Good experience for an intern
Master Level Intern (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 11, 2017
I am thankful for the experience. I have gained experience working with adolescence and high school age youth. I have been provided with professional supervision and I have been challenged appropriately.
management is lousy
Parent Partner (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Management are sisters and the have their pics in the agency. They do not train staff they tell you what they want and then if there are any errors they want to terminate no questions asked unless you are a part of their clique.
Great place to work right after college
Employee (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 11, 2016
There is lots of room for your to learn and grow and there is a lot of grace at this job. They are willing to train you and there is always work to be done however there is lots of turn-over so no one really expects to be there for one than a year. Also, there is not a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
Great coworkers, lots of grace
Cons
No mobility, change takes a lot more time here than other places
not great
wraparound (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CAJune 16, 2016
Poor management, co workers have their click. If they dont like anything about you watch out. Gossip galore and supervisors seem to add to it instead of diffuse it.
No support from supervisor. I was just thrown in there and basically just sat there. Other co workers were not friendly or helpful. They acted like i was not sitting there.
Pros
benefits ok
Cons
poor management
good place
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CAMarch 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Olive Crest. Had great coworkers but there was a high turnover rate. Going through some structural changes but after that the company should be fine.
Pros
coworkers, office environment
Cons
long working hours
Mission of significance with amazing and passionate staff
Regional Programs Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2016
I have appreciated the incredible experience to develop countless skills, ranging from clinical social work practice to management and leadership. The scope of my work included strategic planning, proposal writing, program and staff management, budget planning and fiscal oversight, hiring, training, coaching and staff development, and inter-agency collaboration.
Though I am now pursuing the next best seat on the bus, I will greatly miss the amazing team of people with whom I am honored to have served.
Pros
Committed staff, pioneering, innovative, growing
Cons
Employee benefits are good, but limited in terms of the health care share of cost to employees.
Family milieu
Home Study Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 4, 2015
Strong, synergistic support network working for the benefit of abused and neglected children. The staff is committed to the corporation's goal, and genuinely care about the personal tribulations of co-workers
Pros
compassionate, dedicated employees
Cons
unreliable hours; poor remuneration
Great mission statement focusing on family and children
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CAOctober 26, 2015
I was responsible for carrying out various assigned duties , activities and projects related to special events, preparation for groups and trainings and any other program related duties requested by supervisor. Staff and management was a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Great flexible enviroment
Cons
High staff turnovers
Challenging fast pace environment to learn clinical work
Mental Health Clinician/Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bellflower, CAAugust 5, 2015
A wonderful place to work and gain hours and experience as an MFT or MSW intern. Clinic has transitioned from community based organization to exclusively serving Wrap Around clients in SPA 7 & 8 in LA.
Pros
Mileage Reimbursement.
Cons
Management is spread too thin.