Olive Garden Employee Reviews

super friendly environment with flexible hours
Server (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 18, 2018
The overall aura of the place was always positive and all the coworkers were such good people. The managers were very understanding over issues you may have had and accommodated to shift changes.
Pros
50% off personal meals
Very friendly environment and well training
Server (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 18, 2018
The environment was always friendly and pleasure to work in, managers always helping anyone in need and have each other’s back. Training before going on the floor is well thought out and helpful.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Short breaks
Corporate Based and Rule Oriented
Server (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZSeptember 18, 2018
Olive Garden is definitely a restaurant that value its rules placed forth for servers. There is little room to make things your own, but it is still manageable. Things are definitely worth it if you can really bend forward and backward to accommodate the VASTLY different managing styles of the 2-4 managers that you have to report to.
Pros
Discounts, Available Healthcare and more
Cons
Flexible to the point of impossibility
Very productive company, it keeps you busy which makes a better worker.
Shift Leader, Trainer, Bartender, and Server (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LA 70601September 17, 2018
Since day one of working at Olive Garden it has made me a more productive and active person work wise. It has boosted my customer service skills and conversation starting skills.
high paced and highly stressfull work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  N Dartmouth, MASeptember 17, 2018
this company requires employees that are willing to work under pressure and at a fast pace. I learned many tasks in different areas from host to food prep.
A day at OG
CULINARY TRAINEE (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CASeptember 17, 2018
My experience with OG has been a welcoming one. I started in 02/2018 and I am still with the company. Reason why I will have to leave is because of personal relocation. The managers there are welcoming. I enjoy working with each and every single one of them. When asked about moving up I was never shot down and was giving advice as to what was required of me to start the process. I enjoy working for this company.
Pros
Food, flexibility and coworkers (some are welcoming)
Cons
hours, not everyone can pull their weight, and the paid time off was never told if i could or couldnt use such hours.
Olive Garden
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 17, 2018
The job overall was amazing. You get to know the different wines that we offer and the different types of Italian food that we get to share with the world. When you work here it feels like family .
Its okay
Server (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 17, 2018
Its okay. There are good days and bad days as with any job. It is hard work and I believe you must be up for a fast paced environment working with various personalities.
great management and workplace environment
Sever/Hostess/To-Go Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYSeptember 17, 2018
loved my time working at Olive Garden. It's an awesome job for students within the area and they are flexible when working with school schedules. Would recommend to any college student.
Server (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Team work
It was truly a great place to work
You learned some very interesting things about wine and food pairing
Greeting tables
Wine service
Definitely an educational experience
Line cook
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 16, 2018
I worked as a line cook in a faced paced environment. Made multiple dishes and cleaned up after the shift. I worked each station on the line from sautee to appetizers to making bread sticks and sometimes multiple positions in a given day.
Pros
People
Cons
Low wages
loved the job
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  OklahomaSeptember 16, 2018
So within the first week we had to try and sample alot of the dishes which I loved and it was part of training which was awesome because when you smell the food you start getting hungry . gained about 5 lbs though.
Pros
discount on food.
loved the job
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  OklahomaSeptember 16, 2018
Pros
discount on food.
Excellent
Olive Garden (Current Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 16, 2018
Amazing place to work. Great leaders, fast paced, good money! Lot of opportunities to advance.. clean, structured, professional! Could not think of a better restaurant to work for.
Pros
Leadership
fun work place
COOK (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 16, 2018
its was a good work place. good people to work. its fun cooking for the customer. I would work there again in different state. all the customer was nice to you.
its ok
Newnan, GA - Server/sales (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INSeptember 16, 2018
Will work too hard for not enough pay, Managers are nice but not consistent. If you have a busy lifestyle they will work with your schedual so thats a plus.
Loved my coworkers
Head Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNSeptember 15, 2018
The money is great, the manager is awful, she's very rude and unfriendly, she will embarrass you in front of customers and not even care. But I miss all the coworkers I had
fast past
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYSeptember 15, 2018
Working at Olive Garden as a waiter/busser was an fast past as long as you do your job and please the customers and keep them satisfied, also very helpful with my career opportunity.
Family-friendly
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 15, 2018
Working for Olive Garden was the best experience of my life. The patrons were always helpful not just in job duties, but personal life issues as well, and not just for self, but amongst one another. Employment to Olive Garden was a quick process. Leaving Olive Garden was the toughest thing I have ever done. Not only were the co-workers your friends in need, but have grown to the status of family.
Pros
Family
Very good
Busser (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXSeptember 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at Olive Garden. The management was amazing and the culture was very enjoyable. The pay for the position I worked however, was not very good.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K
42.4K
31.6K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

72out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Olive Garden.