Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Productive, fast paced.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 21, 2018
The enviroment at the Olive Garden is fast paced, and competative. The way that labor is handled ment that if I went full-time I would still be required to have a second job. As far as employment I want one and done, not two too scrape by barley above poverty level.
Pros
Discounts on food.
Cons
Labor cap
Great place to dine
Host (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2018
The whole Olive Garden team makes up the restaurant. If they're going through problems or something comes up, it becomes a disaster. The managers there aren't the best, well except for one of them, but the rest are just a mess. Also they still have a roach problem.
Great place for employment
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJuly 21, 2018
Job offers plenty of perks as long as you take advantage of them. You could work there and retire from there if you played your cards right. Between 401k stock purchase and other benifits.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
You make as much as the effort you put
Sub Par
Server, customer service, clean, run food (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY 42104July 21, 2018
Unless you've been here for 20 years, don't expect to get enough hours or good sections. They are overstaffed. I can't count how many times I was sent home the second I arrived (because they didn't need me) or how often I was only scheduled a couple days. I have bills to pay!!!!
Fast-paced and hot
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2018
It's something to get used to if you have never served before. you will get better with experience. Ii learned a majority of my customer service skills here and I still use it today with my current job. All the servers like to hang out outside of work; it's awesome that you can make some long time friends here. the hardest part is juggling all that you need to do and remembering it all. I love interacting with my guests. The shifts are easy to figure. 11am-4pm and 4pm- close.
Pros
discount meals, request shift switches, easily pick up and give up shifts.
Cons
no call no show and boss will ask you into his office, hot and sweaty when it's busy.
great place to work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, VAJuly 20, 2018
professional place, organized, nice place to work, typical day good day, management good day, work place good day. the hardest day good day, the most enjoyable.
when your here your family
Server/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJuly 20, 2018
Great people to work with, everyone ends up friends outside of work. Very flexible schedule. They allow you to work multiple jobs. Management team is approachable.
Pros
work with your schedule leave with cash everyday
Cons
unlimited soup and salad is a lot of running around for little money
Awesome
Hostess, Server (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 20, 2018
Olive Garden is a great place to work the Oro Valley location is just very slow.
......................
Job was ok.
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXJuly 20, 2018
It was place to make money, a stepping stone. The place is very stressful at times and it did not suit my needs. I know many people that love the job but it wasnt for me.
Solid place to work, great for students
Server, Bartender and Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 20, 2018
I worked at OG while in college. It paid the bills and gave me flexibility according to my class schedule. Management knows they're in a college town and did everything they could to make sure everyone was scheduled according to availability.

Job culture is good. Because it's mostly students we get along pretty well.

Opportunity for advancement is high. With the right amount of drive, you could work your way up from an hourly wage (server, bartender, busser) to a salaried position in only 3-5 years. The jump from restaurant management to corporate work is fairly short as well.

Free breadsticks were a plus.
Pros
discounts, good job culture, flexible schedules, easy to get (unpaid) time off
Cons
restaurants are messy, customers can be rude, minor cuts and burns are normal but not a huge issue
Average
Server (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NYJuly 20, 2018
You do others jobs and do not get paid for it, i did learn how to be an amazing server, they gave me a place to do it, and i did. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the managers
Nice place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 20, 2018
This was a very good place to work. I made many friends, and the money was good. Managment is very strict, but as long as you follow the rules, you're in the clear.
Not Worth It
Server (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 20, 2018
When you’re a family friend or regular the likelihood of success is much higher than if you’re not. Pay is decent, but the struggle of maintaining a drama free work environment is not worth the struggle.
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 19, 2018
I have enjoyed working there. The management is nice and the people are friendly. The building is getting old and things are falling apart. It can be frustrating when we run out of the tools that we need to do our job. Overall I don't make enough money to keep working there.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
tips
Horrible Management and lazy co-workers
Server/Take-out Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 19, 2018
This was one of the worst experiences I've had in the workforce. Half of the management didn't know what they were doing and they would throw you under the bus at any time.
More upscale, and quick-paced
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 19, 2018
Interesting people, even more interesting staff. The money flow also very nice, however the position in full was more upscale, and required much wine knowledge.
Pros
Overall nice clientele.
Cons
can be quite competitive
Fun, very stressful
Server (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 19, 2018
Good company to work for if you can make money. I was a server and tips were really hard to come by especially since there is no automatic gratuity and they don't compensate your pay if you don't meet at least minimum wage. Best part of the job were the managers and the staff. Super friendly, everyone feels like family because it's easy to bond with them outside of work. Wonderful atmosphere but the job in itself is stressful and very quick paced. I have worked there for 2 years and can say I still get overwhelmed with the work load. Still is probably the easiest serving job you can work.
Pros
Managment, staff, lots of team work, discounts and insurance, can be fun with guests and in the environment
Cons
once you are a server, it's hard to cross train as anything else, pay is not the greatest, mostly based on chance, no automatic gratuity, quick paced and stressful
Terrible General Management
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYJuly 18, 2018
Lack of manager control in an environment that requires it. It was very dirty and unkept. There was a point where the management team was quite inspiring and team orientated, but transitioned to selfish and self-driven.
n/a
Host/Buster/Dishwasher/Prep (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 18, 2018
Exceeds expectations in arriving on time for meetings and conferences
• Improved attendance at non-mandatory training and meetings
• Has not met goals set out for arriving on time as set out at beginning of review period
• Completes deadlines in a timely manner
• Respects the time of others by arriving at team meetings on time
Good Place
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 18, 2018
This was my first job & In my opinion, if you don't have a degree and you would like to make money this is the place to do that. Also, this is a very good place to work.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Some managers do not care about you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K
42.2K
31.5K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

72out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Olive Garden.