Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Found 8,135 reviews matching the search See all 8,297 reviews
Fast paced kitchen with great management.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 19, 2019
I loved every day I worked. I learned how to saute at very high volumes. My coworkers on the line me feel welcomed. The hardest part is inspection cleaning.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Wanted more hours
Productive and fun environment
Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2019
Olive Garden was very good at making sure their employees were happy and felt heard. They had very flexible hours and worked hard to comply with everyone's schedules. They made the working environment very fun and easy to work in.
Pros
50 percent off meals
Good stepping stone
Server (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMarch 19, 2019
Olive Garden is a great place to get your foot into something. Want to start off somewhere to get experience on serving or bartender. Olive garden is perfect for that and for kids in school in part time.
Toxic work environment
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 19, 2019
One of the bartenders sexually assaulted me and they refused to fire him which is ultimately why I quit. Managers are disrespectful and not helpful eith anything you ask of them. This restaurant is very cliquey and filled with addicts, I was in recovery when I worked there and drug culture was apparent. Managers were practically giving them to the employees.
Pros
Cons
Everything. Do not work here.
Fun place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 19, 2019
Very fun place to work a NM double meet friends very lid back easy instructions to follow very easy to work also great team members and pay is very good
the job was terrible
Server (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYMarch 19, 2019
the pay sucked
I barely got tips
they make you do a lot for little money
they take the customers side over yours
nothing was enjoyable about that job
the culture was terrible
and you had to pay for lunch
Productive workplace.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMarch 19, 2019
Managers are involved with employees. Played competitive games servers to make it more enjoyable. High stress environment always on your feet. Constantly on the go.
Fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VA 20166March 18, 2019
Tips were awesome and very friendly atmosphere
Loved it
You were able to meet people, and Brie d happiness to customers
Sometimes you had to improvised and turn someone day into a good day
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too much food
P looking for a better place to work with more of a brighter future with education love of God
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Henderson NevadaMarch 18, 2019
Great place to work trying to advance myself for a better future more education was not learning there anymore looking for a brighter better future 😉
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management not consistent
Great Work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 18, 2019
Great team to work for. Nice people . managers are great very nice understanding and flexible. They can work around your schedule . You can always pick up shifts and you can learn different positions
It was a fun workplace and productive
Host (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 18, 2019
It was very busy at times and we had to keep up with the wait and seat people accordingly. The food was really enjoyable and a great family environment.
Not a fun place to work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYMarch 18, 2019
Olive garden is an ok place to work. But at times its hard. Some managers have favorites some get to do whatever they want i wouldn't recommend that job period
Pros
Cons
Breaks no breaks
great coworkers, poor management and fluctuating hours
Server/To-Go Specialist/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Oakdale, MNMarch 18, 2019
A typical day at Olive Garden depended on your job class. If i was doing To-Go that day, I would get straight to work. At the end of the day, I would count the money in the tills and handle all of the financial paperwork for the day. If I were serving, every shift started with a "talk-in" with the managers. Their number one priority was pushing us to sell, sell, sell! This included making a recommendation on a beverage, appetizer, entree, dessert, and a second beverage. The work-place is hectic and poorly organized. If I were hosting, my day would consist of fluently seating guests and solving any problems there were with parties. I learned how to efficiently communicate, problem-solve, and work in a stressful, crazy environment. Management is just okay. Favorites are most definitely played and given an unfair advantage. Managers come and go (I have been employed there for 4 years now, and we are constantly getting different managers) which makes it difficult to adjust to the job. The hardest part of the job is selling items that guests simply do not what to buy, and also the fluctuating hours. Every week is a different random schedule. Also, management will change your schedule without notifying you. I've also dealt with getting scheduled after approval of time-off. There also is an issue with staff not receiving breaks when they are scheduled to work a double. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great staff and also being able to meet so many people and make a connection with them!
Pros
50% off food while working, 25% off food while not working, great staff
Cons
short breaks, poor management, fluctuating hours
Customers are either overweight, young or old
Server (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIMarch 17, 2019
Ungrateful guests! Even worse GM, constantly contradicting himself, no praise for a job well done! Tips and tip share is rediculous to ineffective bussers and overworked understaffed bartenders. Teenagers demand unlimited cheap soup and salad and don't tip! Unlimited is hurting your moral as a team! No one should eat 5 bowls of soup and 12 bread sticks, plus grating the cheese until your arm hurts! Stay away!
Pros
Coworkers are fun
Cons
GM. Customers. Lack of respect.
Just a job
Server (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GAMarch 17, 2019
Management isn't great, but I've had worse. Pay is typical for the restaurant business. Kinda slow usually, but can be busy because of the location. No room for growth because of favoritism.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Everything else
Stressful and busy but the money is good
Server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 17, 2019
I was in many different positions there including as a server. Obviously that position is sub minimum and you get tips. The tips were great as they are at any serving job. Management is semi clueless but in general it's an ok place to work. I worked in Niagara Falls and naturally customer base is low income and don't tip well (lower class area, tourist destination)
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, MSMarch 16, 2019
Terrible customer base, too many coupons, discounts and specials so you won't get tips bAsed on work just on discounted price. Hosts pre-emplitly set you up for failure when continuously rude.
Pros
No free food, alot of pressure
Its a job
Host (Current Employee) –  hulen,txMarch 16, 2019
It can be busy or slow just depending on the day. You need to be able to handle stress well in order to work here. However, you get to meet new people everyday, some are nice some are not.
Pros
food
Cons
can be boring
Certified Trainer/Sever/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 16, 2019
Super flexible with scheduling, as I was in college at the time. Willing to cross train and help you advance within the company. Very diverse and super fun group of people.
Depends on fellow employees
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 16, 2019
My experience varied day to day depending on who I worked with. Management recently began hiring high school students (and they were underage which is technically illegal) and they create more drama than in the past. I only work part time so it doesn't bother me, but management has been inconsistent the entire time I have worked here. Some people do not do their job correctly and are never punished or corrected. One employee said an inappropriate word in front of a customer (although not directed at her) and was fired the same day. Not being able to understand the expectations here is my biggest issue. However, this changes depending on who is working with me. Other nights, with certain managers and coworkers, everything goes smoothly and it is very fun. Overall, it is a decent place to work temporarily if you do not get caught up in pettiness easily. I think the paycheck is very good for the amount of work done.
Pros
Free food if you work late
Cons
Lots of drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.

52.9K
42.6K
31.8K

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight