Olive Garden Employee Reviews

greta place to work ,everyone is like family , but i only worked 20 hours aweek and after taxes i had nothing left
Dishwaser (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PA 16602February 18, 2018
the job was great very family oriented, fast pace work, even the superviser would pitch in and lend a hand, the hours are well, but only difference is that you don't get that many hours for work
Great money, Great manager
Bartender, Server, and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAFebruary 17, 2018
I have really enjoyed working at Olive Garden! The management is great and they work with your scheduling. As long as you come in wanting to work and make money, you definitely will. I found the job a little stressful for personal issues but as long as you keep to yourself and do your job you will be fine!
Pros
Good Money, Great Managers
Cons
Drama between employees
fast paced
BOH Team Member (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLFebruary 17, 2018
sanitize work station on arrival
prep and portion
cook
switch oils
pull to thaw meats for following day
make orders and schedule delivers for following week
train new employees
Awesome!!!
Host (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LA 70403February 16, 2018
Olive Garden was the best job I ever had the people were great. I looked forward to going to work everyday. They have so many opportunities to advance and the managers are so nice. I would definitely work there again.
Pros
Pay, Management, and work environment
Cons
Sometimes you cant get enough hours
FOOD PREPERATION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 16, 2018
I did enjoy working for this restaurant, I also enjoyed working with my fellow employees, we where just a work family & we did our job, with a smile on most days.
Waiter/Busser (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAFebruary 16, 2018
I worked here for a year it was enjoyable. The people I worked with, and under were always super nice and respectful. Many people who worked there where there for long period of time.
Nice placegreat team
Server Bartender (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2018
Good place...nice team......good management. ...................great food......good hours....easy to learn menu grear atmops here ...best part of job w as employees ...discounts on food
Food & Hospitality Industry
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Ontario, OHFebruary 16, 2018
Great place for line cooks & prep chefs. Plenty of opportunity to hone culinary skills. All food prepared from scratch, except deserts & meats (frozen). Been a long time since I worked there, not sure of the environment now..
Pros
Great food!
Cons
Tipped employees should be paid more per hour
Fun place to work. Managers are great. fast placed enviroment
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 16, 2018
I really enjoyed my fellow coworkers and managers at this store. the managers listen to the problems and situations that are they faced and handle it in a very mannerly way. Environment is great
Stressful High Volume
LINE COOK (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 15, 2018
I have worked for my location for around 3years. Some days are good and its a good time but there are a lot of bad days. We have a lot of volume at my store and its very unorganized. When management hires they give the wrong impression and the training is not long enough. if you have prior experience with volume and in a scratch kitchen you will be fine. If you are fast food or a slower kitchen its not going work. The upside is after anything else will be a cake walk. The pay isn't bad for newbies in the industry but if you have the experience prior it may not be enough. There is no work/life balance for hourly employees what so ever . You will always be there especially if you do your job well. Moving up is hard the chain
goes :
Certified Trainer
Culinary Professional /Service Professional
Manager in Training ( Mit)
it seems to be a lot of lifers so the don't open up often. Also make sure that you chose the brand you want because to transfer to another is impossible unless it crucial . You would have two quit and stay out of the system for 6 months before you can apply

The hardest part is working there so much and you miss out on the things that matter most family.
I wish I could say different things. But I also wish someone would have warned me.
Pros
50% when at work
Cons
Healthcare overpriced, no sick pay or time off just a yearly check if you qualify

Want to know more about Olive Garden?

Ask a question
Poorly run restaurant
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 15, 2018
Very few employees actually do their job, making it quite difficult to succeed. Poor management leaves servers unable to provide excellent customer service, since waiting for bread, soup, etc, is an all day/every day occurrence.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Host, TO-GO Specialist, Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAFebruary 15, 2018
fast paced environment. apply if your ready for a fast paced sometimes stressful environment with okay management. Overall I can say the work environment with fellow coworkers was awesome loved my coworkers.
Pros
coworkers and i guess the discount on food and other darden restaurants
Cons
short breaks if any
SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEFebruary 14, 2018
The managers were very accommodating in scheduling my shifts to maximize the number of hours I worked to make my commute worthwhile. Training was comprehensive and prepared me to be on my own quickly. I appreciated having bussers to assist in turning tables more quickly, as well as with keeping everything stocked. The hardest part of the job, as with any serving position, was dealing with customers who were overly picky and/or rude. The most enjoyable part of the job was having guests thank me for making their dining experience pleasant and memorable.
Pros
Discounts and corporate offers
Cons
Wages not guaranteed (tip-based)
Fun, productive, family, and good restaurant start.
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 13, 2018
A perfect place to start out in the restaurant industry. They have a really great training program, and professional trainers. I enjoyed working there, and most of all enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
Flexibility, fun place to work, good money, and kind staff.
Cons
Lots of doubles, and sometimes poor communication.
productive and a great atmosphere to be around
Kitchen Manager, Service manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 13, 2018
Typical day insisted of me making sure staffing was adequate. Everyone was motivated to work and happy to be there. Setting up the next shift for success, while making sure all prepping and procedures are followed correctly. Planning for the future events.
Pros
staffed for success
Cons
healtcare could be better
Great food!!
Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 13, 2018
Loved working in this Olive Garden, its near a Army Base. So I got to meet a lot of different people. Plus I love Italian food and loved the tips I made.
Pros
Great food!!
Cons
Gained some weight
A good place to work with opportunities to advance
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAFebruary 13, 2018
Making sure equipment was working properly. Checking that everything is up to safety code. Observing employees and coaching them if there is an issue. Doing inventory and placing food orders for the work. Overall, running the kitchen
Pros
Management was friendly
Cons
Lack of raises
great placeto start full service industry
Server/Bar Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 13, 2018
management team was great staff was great fun environment great atmosphere highly recommend working for this company food was above average they care about their employees
Pros
discount
Cons
no cons
stressfull, but the employees make it fun
server (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAFebruary 13, 2018
a typical day at olive garden included taking orders laughing joking around with some of the management and preparing salads and occasionally dealing with 1-2 unhappy customers. management at my olive garden in Willow Grove was horrible only one manager was very respectful and the others often didn't speak to the employees with respect. the To-Go manager also made racists comments about certain employees and talked to us like we were dirt. the culture of the workplace was very much like high school, a lot of drama between certain employees. The only hard part about the job was dealing with a customer who did not like their service or food. the best part for me was interacting with the guests.
Pros
half priced food
Cons
nonflexible hours
Positive and fun working environment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 12, 2018
I learned that career advancement and growth opportunity is highly possible if desired. You can make great money if you work for it and the most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K