Olive Garden

Olive Garden Employee Reviews

United States13,398 reviews

Found 13,398 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,686 reviews
gardenserversoupdardenrestaurantsaladguesttable

Being a server is stressful but rewarding

I worked at Olive Garden for over two years. I moved and actually like it enough that when I moved back home a year later I came back to work for them again. I loved the atmosphere and coworkers. Management was good but also depends on the individual obviously. I saw opportunity to grow at Olive Garden but dealing with rude customers, I’m sorry “guests”, really tests your patience. I grew a lot and learned a lot from working here though. Everyone should be a server/waiter at some point in their life. Your coworkers become like second family and the tips are amazing some days, really bad other days. You’ll make way more money working dinner shift because at lunch everyone just ordered endless salad and soup for like 7 bucks and has you running back and forth to the kitchen for refills and they leave you a $1-$2 tip because that’s a 15% tip. The training is intensive so I felt well prepared when I started taking my own tables.

Pros

Always snacking on food from the kitchen

Cons

Living off tips. Never received an hourly paycheck

Poor management

Management was rough but people working there were great! You don’t make great money, they only allow you 3 tables at a time. If you have a party you have to split it with another coworker

Olive Garden insights

• Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Good Work, Awful Co-workers

The managers were some of the nicest I ever meet. My co-workers were dreadful from hostess' who will seat you all your tables at once, to the bartender taking their anger out on you. Now there was some great fellow waiters, they were just in the minority of the restaurant. This was the first job I would dread driving to work.

What is the best part of working at the company?The managers, co-workers! From the front of the house, to the back. Just a great company to work for What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Gets busy, sometimes your running for hours. Soups, salads, breadsticks-repeat, lolWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?All ages, What is a typical day like for you at the company?I enjoyed going to work, even when I didn’t want to go

I work with a great team and management.

I am new to working g with olive garden but my experience has been great and I am learning a lot about time management for sure. All of the requirements for my position are easy and with good coworkers, it makes everything seem good.

Pros

Great experiences with new people

Cons

Not knowing if you'll work your full shift due to slowness.

Casual Professional Dining

A typical day at work consists of serving a 3 table section (or 4 if lucky). I learned to be professional but still connect with the guests. Management was excellent, always on it, in fact- never had such great managers before. The hardest part of the job was the soup, salad, and breadstick constant refill. The most enjoyable part of the job was coworkers and management helping and laughing with one another.

Not always worth it

Its basically the hardest restaurant with the least return. Unless you get the big section every time. Its 3 table sections, and endless soup, salad & breadsticks. Its easy to get hired there as a server if you have no experience because it’s basically server boot camp and if you can serve here you can basically serve anywhere.

What is the best part of working at the company?I honestly wouldn’t recommend unless your a high schooler.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Feels your doing to much for a paycheck What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The other employees made it bare able What is a typical day like for you at the company?Really ever slow unless you work the morning

Sucky

Managers pick favorites who don't do the work or never come in and reward them, no work life balance, benefits aren't great, coworkers were fine it was the management that made me leave cuz they only ever rewarded people that didn't do anything

Great workplace

Great place to work. Darden is a good company, with loads of benefits. Money is easy, food is good. Just gotta be a server, put up with the occasional rude customer and you’ll thrive.

Good Starting Server Position

Great place to work at i loved my co workers, recommending this job to y’all it’s good!Def a place to start off tho for sure! 120-150 a night on the weekends,other restaurants make like 200-300

Organized but no breaks

Pretty ok to work here but sometimes management is not very well organized and we don't get breaks unless doing a double shift but otherwise it's pretty ok and we get free meal per shift

Fun workplace

You make your own money that’s why I like it. Walk out with cash every day and it’s really up to you whether you wanna make money or not. You hustle for your own

Great first job

Perfect starting job for college students. I met a lot of my friends here and also created new bonds. A very secure place if you ever need to make some extra money through college.

Not Great

Olive Garden is fine. General manager is all over the place and you never know if he’ll be in a mood so watch out. The way they do things at this location pit the servers against the hosts when managers are the ones making the decisions. Okay entry level position.

Fun environment

Love working here at Olive Garden! Been here almost a year and it’s been so much fun. Management is awesome, which is hard to find in a job. I enjoy meeting guests and learning new skills.

Beautiful company

I really loved working for olive garden. Yes the unlimited soup and bread sticks thing got very annoying.Otherwise the management really looked out for me as an employee. I had many live struggles and it management team, especially it GM (Dominique) did everything ok yet or to accommodate me. I loved the busy nights. The hustle and bustle of the loud kitchen. The cute fun girls at the host stand. Even the complainers..... If you know you know. I really felt like I was part of a family here. I love you all at bridgeton OG!!Kind regards,Z

No one cares about anyone but themselves

Title says it all. Cooks cared only about themselves. Management cared only about themselves. I was "trained" for 2 days and then expected to run my part of the kitchen by myself for the next 3 days just because the person training me wanted some days off.

Cons

no break, no training, unwelcoming workplace

Alright job

Working there can be cool but management can be difficult at times. It's a good job to get if you're looking for an entry level serving position. The never ending soup salad and breadsticks can be a pain sometimes.

Horrible place to work

This place throws you under the bus! Worked here for almost a year, as a server and bartender, not even old enough to drink. I was very flexible and accommodating. Received multiple pins and many people thanked me for my great job only to be fired due to managements error. I have nothing good to say about this horrible place. There is no appreciation for your hard work, they use you day and night. Manager and upper management do not care. Stay away!

Good job overall

Low pay but otherwise good schedule. Management ok. Generally liked working here. No complaints really. Good team and schedules were ok. Enjoyed customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss