Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Found 7,594 reviews matching the search See all 7,742 reviews
Overall a fun place to work
Italian Restaurant Hostess (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Olive Garden. They give very thorough training and opportunity for advancement. The staff there got along well most of the time. The management wasn't the best at the time, but I believe they have made positive changes since then.
Enjoyable
TO-GO SPECIALIST/HOST/SERVER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MANovember 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at the OG, I had the opportunity to meet a lot of different people. I made good money in the tips I made and management was always kind.
It’s ok
Server (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 18, 2018
My honest opinion any job is what you make it you just have to stay positive and worry about your job Title and be kind to everyone and try your best to do a great job
Server
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHNovember 18, 2018
Great place to work. Turned tables quickly and loved my co-workers and managers like family. A typical day at work consisted of greeting tables, taking orders, running food and beverages. Great family-friendly restaurant.
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours
Toxic environment, poor management
Busser/Server (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 17, 2018
The need and desire to grow as a company is well supported, the managers can make or break the store environment. Augusta olive garden is the only store between Atlanta, Macon, and Savannah.
An alright place to work.
Server, Line Cook, Host (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 17, 2018
Honestly the job was a serving job. but management works with your schedule and you are able to take off work when ever you seem necessary. the culture at this company is bar none the best reason to work there.
Work Day
Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GANovember 17, 2018
A typical work day would be somewhat stressful because I held a higher position than most Hospitality Specialists. Others were always looking to me for answers and advice.
Pros
Discount on foods
Cons
No breaks
I loved working here
Server (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 17, 2018
I loved working here.. it taught me so many different things. All the managers were very helpful and willing to work with you. So were the other servers. If I could I would work here again no problem.
Pros
Helpful staff, good money.
Productive work place
Dish machine operator (Current Employee) –  Tarentum, PANovember 17, 2018
I was wrongfully fired for something I didn't do at all the management staff is great and I liked working for them the people are great to work for and I got along with everyone there
Pros
No paid lunch break
Cons
Free bread sticks
productive work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYNovember 16, 2018
The hardest part of the job is learning to carry food on trays, other than that getting to know guests and build relations is awesome. Easy to make friends
Great place if you have a high tolerance for people
To-Go Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCNovember 16, 2018
Olive Garden has great hourly pay for most positions, however management is terrible and there is always issues between managers, co-workers, and corporate. There are many hoops to jump through to do the job correctly, and they change depending on who you are, who the manager on duty is, and how busy you are. There really is no constants or a typical day. It varies everyday, which is extremely frustrating and exhausting. However, Darden has several restaurants which allows you to transfer to a different location if you move! If it wasn't for the pay and that I loved my actual job before moving, I wouldn't have been able to be successful at my job.
Pros
Ability to transfer locations, great hourly pay
Cons
Management, inconsistency
okay place to work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILNovember 16, 2018
it was a good environment but sometimes both the people and the manager get to you but its a person to person thing to either if you can or cannot take it.
Nice place
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 16, 2018
Is a nice place. Nice enviroment. Nice people. Is nice work here.
Fun workplace, Horrible Management
Hostess, To-go Specialist, Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INNovember 15, 2018
Decent pay compared to other restaurants in the area. Management does not care about you as a person, only how you effect restaurant and if you are on the clock too long. Coworkers make or break the experience. Most of the people there do not intend on staying nor do they put effort into their work.
Pros
Discounted Food, Weekly Pay
Cons
No breaks, Unpersonable Management
ok
To Go Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 15, 2018
it was okay. Super fast paced, you get chewed out by the people who are not happy about wait times or something about their stay. co workers are generally nice.
Theres not 1 happy employee there
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 15, 2018
I had a problem with a female coworker which made it a hostile work place. I worked 12-13 hour shifts without a break. I never called in an picked up extra shifts so after Olive Garden I can handle anything
Pros
25% dinners
Cons
No Breaks
Friendly Environment
Restaurant Host (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHNovember 15, 2018
Everyone that works there from managers to employees are very friendly and comforting from the start. They will help you get settled in and from there the job becomes relatively simple, with only some rude customers to deal with.
Pros
Discounted food, friendly environment
Cons
rude customers, fast paced
It's an ok job
Server (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXNovember 15, 2018
Glad to have moved on. The job was good but management staff was not worth what they put us through. The managers stayed in the office and never really helped in the store.paticulary John the GM was very disrespectful and did little to help.
part time
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CANovember 14, 2018
Working for an Olive Garden could be a very nice serving job to have, unfortunately the store I worked for in particular had poor management. It made the job not worth it.
fast paced & good workplace
To-Go Specialist/server/host (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVNovember 14, 2018
Was a fast paced workplace.Stayed busy everyday that I worked there. Management could've used a little work. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the rude co-workers. My favorite part of the job was dealing with the kids & elderly people that would come in. I learned alot at this job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Rude co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K
42.5K
31.7K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Olive Garden.

Powered by Comparably