Olive Garden Employee Reviews

Found 8,612 reviews matching the search See all 8,780 reviews
Great work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJune 17, 2019
Olive Garden has taught me the ways of serving from the basics of fast and efficient service to going above and beyond to build relationships with guests and ensuring that their experience is everything it could be.
Lack of leadership
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Fenton MoJune 17, 2019
This company struggles to hire great managers who uphold the highest standards and culture the Darden Restaurants expect.

Majority of the management team I saw come and go throughout my years there, only punched the clock. The most recent General Manager of the location I was in only micromanaged the team and made salad and bread with horrible mood swings that made the team members necks hurt.

The other managers in fear kept quiet of the unethical leadership from their boss, the continued absence and tardiness and how the team was made to feel.

Overall, I was saddened to have left a company I cherished for many years due to bad leadership. As the saying goes, “people quit their bosses, not their jobs.”
Pros
Great pay, with benefits (expensive though), anniversary pay
Cons
Not a fun place to work, very strict an doesn't pay well
Dishwasher, (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAJune 17, 2019
My review on Olive Garden is not a good one, I feel trapped working here, never get any breaks unless your a smoker then you get a 5 min break even if you worked a 12 hour day, still no breaks, constant harassment from managers, it feels like a prison more than a job.
Hard working place
SERVER/LINE COOK (Current Employee) –  Waite Park, MNJune 17, 2019
Delivered fast and friendly service, communicated with staff and managers on a daily basis, closed checks, handled cash, and used a credit card machine.
it was OK working there
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 17, 2019
i just wish they could take good care of their worker there..but overall it was good working with them ... i hope and wish them all the best... thank you
I enjoy going to work everyday. It is a fun environment, my coworkers and managers are amazing.
Olive Garden Hostess (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJune 17, 2019
I have enjoyed working at Olive Garden this far; however, I am in need of another job or a higher paying job. I would hate to leave Olive Garden, but they don’t seem to have enough hours.
Quick Paced work place where you mean nothing
Server (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 16, 2019
I used to enjoy going to work at Olive Garden! However, I soon came to find that the management is only there to exploit you for their benefit. If you start volunteering yourself to their needs, rather than ask you in the future, you will be expected to provide the same donation of your time all the time. Also, they really don't care if you have other priorities, If they are busy you mean nothing to them and you are expected to be okay with it. Overall, there are better jobs out there for the same amount of compensation.
Pros
Great company
Cons
No break, management doesn't care about you
Fun place to work but was hard moving up in the company because of management
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 16, 2019
Working there was fun. Some made you feel welcome. Others not so much. Was a very fast paced business. I worked hard every day whether it was cooking on the line or in the back doing prep in the morning
olive garden
Hostess/ busser (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJune 16, 2019
As a worker their you are treated unfairly, the will shorten your hours, and my biggest problem over all was the favoritism from the managers to other employees
productive place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 16, 2019
varying days and guests, i learned how to carry a tray as well as how it should be balanced, and the management was very willing to help with all the need of theirs servers.
Fast paced, enjoyable work experience
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 16, 2019
I have enjoy working at Olive Garden. I enjoy meeting the people who come in regularly and being able to give them what they want as soon as they walk through the door. I enjoy meeting some of the best people working there who not only care about the guests, but make sure their coworkers are doing good as well.
Use to be fun not anymore.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2019
We go through to much manager s ive been there for 2,years since I've been there ive gone through 7 managers . I mean come workers could be better but I've learned to always get along with others no matter what.
Fun place to work
Bartender/Line Cook/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 15, 2019
I worked various postion at the olive garden. I began as a bartender making drinks and serving food at the bar. My next postion was on the line cooking food i was great at it. My last postion was food prep this where i learned all the recipes an measurements. Great experience for me.
Productive Fun and Family
Host, Server, and To Go Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2019
This job is the best job I have ever had for the simple fact that they hire the best people and put them in the positions that fit their personality. When I go to work I honestly do not feel like I am at work I feel that I am getting paid to be around my second family. We laugh all day long and I meet amazing people who I get to make happy all day long and it gives me a sense of pride and i feel accomplished. I'm never bored the managers are phenomenal I can go to them for anything about anything. From the moment I walk through the door to start my shift to the moment I'm leaving I'm filled with joy to work for this company good days and bad days this job will always be in my heart.
Pros
Everyday is something new the guest keep you on your feet
Cons
Having to deal with unreliable employees and you do your work plus theirs
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NYJune 15, 2019
Management is great. The kitchen is clean. Everyone is easy to get along with. Plenty of training to feel comfortable with all stations. Reasonable hours
Got to meet nice peole
Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJune 14, 2019
I dont want to do this anymore i had know idea i would have to type a book about places i worked at years ago like a**n indeed whats with that kindangrinds my gears
Difficult to manage
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 14, 2019
I was a line cook, and the only girl on the line and it was rough. Management was great though, they always took the time to listen to me and help me out when they could.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Terrible coworkers
DMO (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 14, 2019
The people are amazing here. It's a fun environment and most people care about their job. It's not a career job but if you need extra money it's a great second job.
Fun productive not really strict and good pay with benefits
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Orlando FLJune 13, 2019
When I first started working at Olive garden it was fun enjoying the pay was good wit good benefits the managers and staff were very nice and respectful the hours were good
Pros
They only gave you free food when you work double shifts the food was alright
Cons
You can only take breaks when you work double shifts or when you want to take a smoke break
Working hard
Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 13, 2019
It's a fun place to work at I really enjoy working and learning new thingseveryone here is like a big family. The harcest part is keeping everything cleanec

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olive Garden. Our community is ready to answer.

53K
42.8K
31.9K

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight