Olivet Nazarene University Employee Reviews

Not a lot to do but learned a couple things about technology
Art department IT (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILOctober 29, 2018
The art department did not have much need for me. I was available at times to help with any computer or technology issues but only had a couple of patrons come to me. I learned more about IPads and Macs through this job.
Pros
learned more about macs and ipads
Cons
not much to do, boring
ONU Work Study
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILSeptember 13, 2018
Work study program that afforded me to have spending money while in college.
Great chanced to get to know the school grounds and staff members
Flexible schedule that worked around my studies
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
minimum wages
Collaborative Media environment
Media Lead (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILAugust 31, 2018
A work environment where being comfortable with communication is key. You know what is expected of you and when those expectations are to be met. Management can be a little hairy at times, but overall not bad.
Great Place to Work
Weight Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILAugust 2, 2018
Olivet Nazarene University is a great school to go to. The job only is available for students who go to school there. The staff is friendly and always up to give you positive feedback.
Christ-Centered
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILJuly 29, 2018
My time at Olivet has been phenomenal. My team is great, my supervisors take time to hear me and work with me, and while the pay could be higher, the sense of purpose one gains through the work is second to none.
Good Working Environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILJuly 24, 2018
Great management, and wonderful environment to work in. I loved the people at this company, and enjoyed my time here immensely. I would recommend it to others.
It's fine for a job as a student
Physics Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILJune 28, 2018
Working as a TA was a reasonable job as a student and didn't require an overwhelming amount of work. It was a part-time job so it wasn't a living wage.
Good Christian Environment
Graduate Assistant/Assistant Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILMay 25, 2018
I felt like Olivet was a good place to work. Most of the people I worked with were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was working with the difficult people. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the student athletes.
Collaborative Christian work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILMay 23, 2018
Excellent place to work, with people that are friendly, kind and forgiving. Learned a lot working for Olivet. Great opportunity that allowed for future advances.
Friendly, professional culture!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILMay 21, 2018
Olivet is a wonderful place to work, especially in the Bourbonnais area. If you aren't a graduate of Olivet, I think the culture would still be welcoming and friendly. The pay isn't incredible, but it's worth it still for the kind people and general culture of kindness. The best part about working at Olivet was definitely the community of people - you're often surrounded by very positive attitudes and friendliness. The worst part was probably the compensation given the amount of work necessary for some roles, but many of the benefits helped to make this worthwhile.
Christian focused
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILMay 15, 2018
The faculty and staff are very supportive. Lots of mentoring, Very positive environment. Fair pay, Excellent professional development opportunities.
I was a basic TA, paid minimum wage, low hours.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILApril 13, 2018
Low hours, no complaints. Gave extra needed experiences. There are several jobs for students here for any major. The professors are caring and it is relatively easy to find a job here.
Pros
You are paid at the school you go to.
Cons
You aren't paid much.
Very organized
Teachers Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILMarch 20, 2018
The tutoring and TA programs are very well managed and it is very clear what the job requirement is and what is expected of employees. It also not overwhelming at all.
Custodian
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILFebruary 19, 2018
Cleaned from 10pm to 11:30pm for five days. It wasn't much but it was a good on campus job to make a little bit of money. Coworkers were great and loved working with them.
Great Work Environment
Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILFebruary 12, 2018
Working in the office of Admissions at Olivet Nazarene University was one of the best jobs that I had despite the fact that it didn't match my personality type. The management was wonderful and the team building and group strength was amazing.
Poor communication
Nurse Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILFebruary 3, 2018
Work culture is poor. Clinic coordinator is disorganized, has poor communication skills. and lacks integrity. She lacks the skills required for her position
Pros
Cons
horrible place to work
Poor oversight, required to fit their mold
Worker bee (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILJanuary 19, 2018
The oversight from management was so poor that they build you up and then the next week decide you are not worth the poor pay they pay you. This is a cycle and you never know how they feel. There was a lot of talk about community but they only wanted people in their community who were perfect copies. The overwhelming disappointment that I felt as an employee is only trumped by my feeling of great sadness that the students will not be prepared for the real world upon graduation.
Pros
Christian environment
Cons
Everything else
Excellent workplace, low salary
Video Production Intern (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILOctober 22, 2017
Granted I was a student worker, a lot of my work was very taxing and I felt as though I deserved a raise for all of the work that I contributed. That being said, I loved who I worked with and the leadership within the office
Pros
Excellent Coworkers and environment
Cons
low student wages and barely any raises
Great Place
Boiler Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILOctober 18, 2017
The boiler room is a great place to start out working if you have a good work ethic and you know your tools. As long as you are willing to work hard and don't try any tricks, like trying to do your makeup or watching your favorite sports team on your phone instead of working you will do fine.
Pros
flexibleish hours
Cons
graveyard shifts
Financial Solutions Counselor
Financial Solutions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 3, 2017
Overall I enjoy working for Olivet Nazarene University. There are a few things I am not happy with, but like all jobs there are pros and cons. The job work/life balance at Olivet is the best I have experienced. Unfortunately, there are some major communication barriers between departments and there is a sense of favoritism.