Ollie's Bargain Outlet Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
semi productive workplace
sales supervisor of domestics dept. (Current Employee) –  Oakwood Village, OHJuly 18, 2018
A typical day at Ollie's, for me, involves loading boxes on to a U - boat and pricing and stocking the products onto the shelves. I have learned how to break out of my shy shell. I speak up when I have question. The management is decent they have to learn how to communicate with each other. the job is actually very easy.
Overworked
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALJuly 14, 2018
I happen to love some of my direct managers but in general, they expect too much of you for what little pay they give. Typically I would go in run out an exceeding amount of cases of fright while running the register and assist any customers. I would say that I got the bases of retail from them but that's it.
Completely odd style of retail.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJuly 9, 2018
Ollies is somewhere between a thrift store and a Marshalls. It can be very jarring when you come from traditional retailers. Lots of hard work, and most stores are dirtier than most warehouses. But overall not a bad shop to work in.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Salaried managers average about 4 days off from Nov 1 to Jan 30
Not a bad place to work part time.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 8, 2018
I worked here to help pay for my education. I ended up working there for 3 years. I received some great experience with regards to working in a retail environment.
Okay place of employment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  LaPorte, INJuly 6, 2018
Ollie's is not a bad place to work; it is just a fresh store, so no one is truly on the same page. When everyone is on the same page with everything, it will get better, I'm sure.
Co- Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 2, 2018
I would advise to not work at Ollies. Management is very poor they don't know how to talk to people. They always disrespect you .They want you to work more and less pay.
typical day
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 28, 2018
due to the lack of hours given to the store by corporate even though sales are up we are severely under staffed to deal with demand. male employees are treated unfairly and have to perform more duties than female employees for same pay.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
no hours
Alot of freedom within a structured environment.
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  GAJune 27, 2018
Ollies isn’t the typical retail store as conpared to other publicly traded companies. Although there is a formal structure, day to day operations are just that.
very fast-paced
Third Key Holder / Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 25, 2018
This company is extremely fast-paced and stressful most of the time. Have limited time to work merchandise to floor while still taking care of heavy demands assisting customers.
Pass up the company
Manager (Current Employee) –  PAJune 25, 2018
Not a good place to work if you want a life. you are there 365/7 and you are never appreciated. best thing I can say is your co workers are there to help
somewhat productive but overbearing and unorganized
SALES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 24, 2018
i started as a sales associate and went from a customer service associate to a supervisor, as a customer service associate my job was well organized and easy in my opinion though as a supervisor the pay was terrible and the expectations were out of the question to high. i was working on a schedule between 45 to 70 hours a week with bad pay and a high work load as well as being called off my responsibilities to help other associates with their problems. which is a managers job 2 of the 4 managers were fantastic bosses the other 2 were horrendous and was the reason i left the company.
Pros
breaks as needed, friendly co workers
Cons
high expectaions for job requirements, and unproductive members of team, unorganized workplace
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Recovery (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 24, 2018
be willing to work flexible schedules
be available for call-ins or to pick up shifts
good for teens/ college students
be willing to help others
raises are rare
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay, schedules
not a fun place to work
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 22, 2018
I didn't enjoy working for Ollies Bargain Outlet. There was no work life balance. They don't promote from within. They don't have a training program that helps the management team.
Great team and goal driven place to work
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 21, 2018
Good team oriented place to work. Very focused and objective driven. Their recent successes are a result of hard team work and communication. Goals are set within achievable reach and good management support to succeed
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJune 20, 2018
Learned the in's and out's of the retail outlet store but was not anything I could see in my future. Management was not the best but I enjoyed my co workers and my experience.
Laid back place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJune 19, 2018
It is a laid back place to work, the people there are friendly. It can be crazy when really busy, when really busy it can be hard to keep up. I did learn more about computers while there.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Low hours
The manager I work for was horrible
Freight manager (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 18, 2018
The manager that I work for when I was with the company, was very lazy, she never trained me on the things that I needed to train for to be the Freight close supervisor. She passed all her work and duties as far as training to the other to manager. She would try to schedule you to come in on your days off, if you didn't do what she said she treated you like a stepchild and gave you other assignments that wasn't part of your job description. This is the location at Cherry Hill New Jersey
Pros
Had fun with the other associates that I work with
Cons
The manager at the Cherry Hill location was lazy, they underpay you for the position that you apply for
department supervisor
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 16, 2018
This job was extremely high paced. each department only had 1 department supervisor with no one under them. They were responsible for taking care of their whole department by themselves. It is extremely underpaid for the work that is required.
Pros
earned pto
Cons
underpaid stressful
Working at ollies
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 16, 2018
The Overall Job is easy The management and the company is trash.People quit all the time and hours are cut . The companies policy is trash we have no health insurance etc. Unless you are a full time supervisor
Employees are very immature and so are the managers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJune 15, 2018
I learned that you have to get used to speaking to people and you have to work with some people. A typical day at work is very boring but there are always happy customers to cheer you up.
Pros
Sometimes bring lunch for everybody
Cons
Dont get a break sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ollie's Bargain Outlet. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight