Ollie's Bargain Outlet Employee Reviews

Wouldn't reccomend working here
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 22, 2018
Managers were good, but there weren't enough workers to cover everything that needed to be done. Pay is less than equivalent jobs in this area. Room for advancement.
Pros
room for advancement, discounts
Cons
not enough pay for the amount of work required
They lie and tell you anything to get the store built then once a store built they let everybody go or they cut your hours down to nothing so you're f
Associate (Current Employee) –  Eustis, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Wouldn't recommend anyone to work here.
Managers all say something different.I smelled alcohol on 1 of their breathe.Poor work hours. Can't make a living. It's really a job for first-time person getting a job for somebody retired who doesn't really need to work. Very hard work setting the store from bottom to top for only $9 an hour very poor pay.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours.Pay. Management.
no good
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SC 29732September 17, 2018
constant promises with no action, the only company i see where being good at your job is a fail!! if you cant do your job you get advanced. if you are good at something... you get stuck there and never move up
Pros
Cons
no lunchs, no progression
run away
team leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2018
No matter how bad you need a job DO NOT work for this company unrealistic demands of managers ( all managers not just team lead ) should you be so lucky to open new store the company asks you to work open to close 6 days a week ( 9 to 9 ) for 5 weeks CRAZY . ask just about any store manager that works there if they like it . the work load vs payroll not even close and very low pay for associates ,
Pros
Cons
many
Opening New Store
Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 12, 2018
Was hired to help setup a new store. i walked in 15 mins early. Morning shift was on lunch break. Was told to go set in break room. I had know idea where it was..I Installed peg board for 4 hours. Then rebuild a shelving run that had fell 2x that day. No thank you for your work or even kiss my A##. Would not send anyone I know to go work there.
Pros
Cons
Build team managers need to respect their helpers.
Poor management
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40219September 10, 2018
Management was terrible, short on help but would cut work hours, stock was behind but could not catch up because they would not hire help, worked overtime and did not get paid for it and they refused to do anything about it
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor management
It was an overall good job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 9, 2018
It is a good place to work. The management is not so good. They fired me through a co-worker instead of telling it to me due to the fact i could not come back to work when they want me to.
Constant work
Receiving Truck, Cashier, Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MISeptember 9, 2018
Good place to work but did not work out for me due to my school schedule which resulted in me having to change my availability and eventually terminate my employment.
my position involved setting up the new store with planograms, shelving, and stocking. After opening I worked in the book department and as a cashier
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE RETAIL (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 8, 2018
Overall I enjoyed my job and experience with Ollies. I helped them prepare the store for the new grand opening in Florence, S.C. I learned about planograms and gained new knowledge of the retail industry.
Constantly trying to stay organized. Very busy getting product to the floor in timely manner.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCSeptember 5, 2018
Work real hard to help customer. Get Freight off the truck and to the floor in a timely manner. Stop to help in areas when needed. Fast pace...make sure all employees have the resources they need to get the job done and complete.
Pros
10 percent discount for employees
Ollie's Bargain Outlet
Customer Service Supervisor, Full-Time (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVSeptember 5, 2018
The hardest part of my job was unloading the pallets off the truck. I loved everyone I worked with great work environment. The customers was the best part of the day.
Fun work place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCSeptember 4, 2018
The job was fun , never a full moment . Fellow employees were very kind and patient , willing to help. Saw people of all walks of life . If possible I might return for work there again in the future
Productive great prices!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLSeptember 3, 2018
Hours varied and team members not very friendly. They have really nice merchandise with a good selection of rugs and housewares as well. Management was quiet and there was not alit of training or company advancement
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Few hours no training
no comment
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAAugust 31, 2018
I wish I had never joined this company, they try to make themselves sound like its the place to work, once your there they treat you like your lower then them and they are 'better' then the avg joe.
Pros
discounts
Cons
read the review
Good coworkers and management, cheap company
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 29, 2018
Lots of room to grow and promote for the hard-working. Very physically demanding job unless you are running register. Pay could be more fair, but is a great entry-level amount considering the speed of promotions. Dental and vision plans are a joke.
Bad place
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 28, 2018
They want you to everything with little pay!! Management sucks and doesn’t let you do your job. They love to stand over you and watch you work and dictate what you do.
Fun place but low pay
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 28, 2018
Not a bad place to work if you work with the right people. Very low pay for all the work you must do in your eight hours of work. From unload truck to put away to customer service.
Nothing special
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAAugust 27, 2018
Not a terrible job but not a great one either. Found myself dreading work due to standing right next to the clock and staring at it all day. If you want to switch to a new position you pretty much must suck at your current position. No matter how bad I wanted a different position, I was great at what I did so they didn't care.
Pros
Discount
Cons
So boring
Poor environment as DM is mot supportive
Store Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2018
I do not recommend. Poor and stressful. No support whatsoever from the upper management. Company Carrie's product that is out dated or will not last. If you dont believe me try it. Hopefully you will not regret it.
Pros
Stressful environment and no support
Benefits
Jolly Holly's Ollie Follies
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TN 38305August 21, 2018
Lots of frustrated customers due to lack of staff whether people kept quitting or calling in for certain reasons. Lots of frustrated employees having to work on day off to pick up slack from others who clearly don't want a job.
Pros
When we had extra help from another store
Cons
when we were short staffed (quite often)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ollie's Bargain Outlet. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight