Ollie's Bargain Outlet Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Don't do this to yourself.
Co-Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 23, 2018
This place was a trainwreck nightmare. I was lied to about every aspect of working here. There was 0 work life balance, I was required to put in 75+ hour weeks with no advance schedule so I never knew when I would have free time. Late nights, no sleep, no breaks during 15 hour days, disgusting work conditions, back-breaking labor.
Pros
It will make you seriously reconsider your life choices that led you here.
Cons
Lots of freight, lots of hours, no life.
Store Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KY 40475May 21, 2018
I go in at 7am stay most days until 9pm 5 days a week. Lots of calls when I'm home! The hardest part of my job is I'm never home! The customers are very messy but the free merchandising is fun.
Pros
Travel
Cons
No lunch most days
Horrible place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 17, 2018
Horrible place to work, management does not help unless the are getting a visit from corporate, employees all gossip, no one works as a team, Management never gives direction
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Bad work environment
Great employees bad store manager
Co Store Manager (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMay 16, 2018
If you are married and have kids do not work here.
Seen people leave crying daily never done a good job.
Great people bad leader can’t stress enough how many times I worked 17 plus hours and did the store managers job.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Job security, poor management
Fast-paced
New Store Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Multi-SiteMay 15, 2018
There is always work to be done when setting up a new store. Always managing associates or temp workers. If you are willing to work for it, there are always new things to learn. You learn time management and people management. Always different situations and problems to overcome but you learn to adapt to it all.
Pros
Expenses re-reimbursed. Never run out of things to do.
Cons
Travel with POV. Away from home a lot. Can be stressful and monotonous at times.
Very stressful place to work
Book Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMay 12, 2018
Stressful because you have multiple trucks delivering product each week and it needs to get to the floor quickly. Some employees could not keep up the pace and the store is not in the best of shape at this time.
Pros
Good stuff cheap
Cons
Quick paced to get stock to the floor
Productive. Friendly environment.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMay 11, 2018
Always look around to make sure items are in their correct homes. Always be sure that customers are well taken care of and know that you are there for anything they need. Big or small.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
taught me all about retail and what it had to offer
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYMay 10, 2018
daily work environment depended on what day it was. some were slow and some days were fast. on slow days items were priced and stocked on shelves an don fast days attention was strictly on customers. i learned that some people aren't friendly and it is good to have a positive attitude. management was good. i loved the work environment and my co-workers. the hardest part would be when we were super busy and had a lot to deal with like money and ollies cards and mess ups.
Pros
everyone was nice
Cons
hectic sometimes
Busy workdays with no room for goofing around.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  7044 W Colonial Drive, Orlando FL 32818May 9, 2018
When I worked there, they made sure we all knew that there was work to be done and it should be done with a sense of urgency. They instilled trust in each of us to do our jobs and to do them correctly. For the majority of the time, I felt trusted and I appreciated this. Over time, things changed and shifts occurred where I didn't feel so much a part of the same team anymore. I, along with countless other associates, felt used and overlooked as times went on, and we grew to feel like we couldn't trust each other like we used to. While I appreciate the start and the faith my bosses had in me from the start, it did not feel the same at all in the end and I had to part ways.
Pros
Extremely friendly coworkers (family-oriented)
Cons
Poor scheduling, healthcare
Fun place to work; great first job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Anderson, IN 46013May 8, 2018
Great management. A typical day at work is fast pace. Everyone is moving fast and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is focusing. Great staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone can have fun but still get the job done at a fast pace.
Pros
Great management, great staff, good customers, flexible, understanding.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Work Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennett Square, PAMay 7, 2018
Ollies had a good work environment. It had managers who truly wanted to see their employees grow and succeed. I would recommend this job to anyone and i would love to work at an ollies in my area that i relocted to if possible.
Ollies
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 3, 2018
There was alot of negativity in the workplace from management I watched the store fall apart and one of the management is very rude at times to employees and takes their anger out on those who don't deserve it.
Productive fun place to work. Also very flexible with availablity.
Cashier Team Member (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIApril 30, 2018
Ollie's is a great company to work for. They are very flexible with availablity and try there hardest to accommodate you in just about any way. Ollie's is a very neat respectfully organized company as well. The mangers also keeps you busy and make sure everyone get to try almost every job. I greatly enjoy working for Ollie's.
Pros
Flexibility.
Cons
Very little hours, might miss breaks.
fast pace
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCApril 29, 2018
wanting the employees to do all the work while they direct you and if you do something wrong its like the end of the world; Unloading the trucks were fast and heavy.
Pros
lunch
Cons
sometimes when you get there you had to take a break
Hard working, Freight driven company
Pushing freight and merchandising product (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MIApril 27, 2018
Two to three trucks of freight alternating weeks. Door to floor in 24. Company wants no top stock. Everyone on register and pushing freight. Low payroll, no hours for store management. High turnover of part-time associates.
Pros
Great experience in a fast past retail environment
Cons
Money is not that great
Lousy mangement and lousy pay
ASSISTANT TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Lima, OhioApril 27, 2018
Not a good place to work, Store manager has no idea how to manage people or even merchandise. He breaks all the rules and holds everyone else responsible. A lot of favoritism. Upper management has no idea what is going on. Low pay, bad morale, store is filthy. Rules change daily. Always pushing you to get more freight out and never happy with what you do.
Pros
Met some wonderful people
Cons
Terrible hours and pay
A Good Introduction to Retail
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTApril 25, 2018
Ollies Bargain Outlet is a competitive store that brings name brand items to the consumer at an affordable price. If one is looking for a friendly collaborative crew to work with then they have to look no further.
Great people, terrible company
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARApril 23, 2018
When I started, I was given 3 departments at 9.50/hr. But after 2 weeks they gave me 4 more departments with no increase in pay, THEN also require the dept heads to cashier but will complain if the freight is not moved to the floor in a timely manner. Flooring manager is responsible for lifting and loading laminate flooring and carpet as large as 12’x21’ but they refuse to offer back support to prevent injury
Pros
20% employee discount
Cons
Low pay, low hours for PT employees, uncaring management, no appreciation
Fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 22, 2018
Fun, everyone was fun to work with and made me feel welcome from the first day. I think this is my favorite job so far too bad it’s too far. Would’ve stayed so much longer!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCApril 21, 2018
Ever since the new management came in they have been disrespectful and just plain incompetent. No wonder they came from a closing store chain. We hardly get a break can’t even go to the store next door to get a snack during our break.
Pros
Breaks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ollie's Bargain Outlet. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight