Ollie's Bargain Outlet Employee Reviews

Would not work there again.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIJuly 13, 2019
Although I would not work there again, I appreciate the skills I obtained after getting hired. The problem with the company was the manager, there was a new manager literally like every 3 months and you have a lot of responsibilities as a sales associate (creating displays, cashier, ticketing items, unpacking trucks, putting all of the items on the shelves, helping customer on the floor and helping them by carrying their heavy items and putting them in their car). The pay was poor and the hours weren't that great.
Dumb
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 12, 2019
Terrible work environment bad management bad employees not enough pay bad customers who just came to steal

Next I'm going to waste characters because
Worst job ever , unprofessional
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 11, 2019
Don’t waste you time applying here . You will quit after a while . This is the worst job I’ve ever been at . HORRIBLY unprofessional. It’s ridiculous. I would never recommend this to anybody . The pay is okay but it’s not worth it ..
Pros
Nothing .
Cons
Horrible managers, no organization, unprofessional
Don't waste your time
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, NYJuly 11, 2019
They take advantage of people with no sort of appreciation in return. The type of work for the amount of pay is insane. Also turn around times to be in for next shift are absolutely ridiculous at times. Would NEVER recommended. Maybe only to a student part time don't ever work here unless you have to!
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Pay, Turn around times, No appreciation
Decent.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon Park, FLJuly 10, 2019
I was actually a little sad/disappointed when they let me go because they hired too many people and were steadily letting them go. There was a little favoritism from the person in charge the manager chose, but me and my night crew were relatively close, even going to eat together on break or order each other food. Though this was just my crew.
Wouldn't recommend it to my enemy
Merchandising / Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJuly 9, 2019
The management from store to corporate is a joke not knowing what one or the other is doing. They give you no time to spend with family making overtime mandatory. Punish the hardworking by covering the lazy and never doing anything about the lazy. Room for advancement don't make me laugh! Don't expect HR to handle any complaints or wrong doing at any level.
Flexible Schedule and great management.
Stationary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 9, 2019
The managers are always happy to help any way that they can. They are also happy to work with employees to make changes to schedules if need be. A very relaxed placed to work.
Management was horrible
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAJuly 9, 2019
I was let go for accept8an emergency phone call and the same day was questioned about another employee misbehavior which I had no information on. Ultimately leading to my termination.
Hard Work, and lots of it.
Pre-opening Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJuly 8, 2019
Working for Ollies as a Pre-opening sales rep was a lot of hard work, work that I saw very little return on. While prepping the store location the employes installed shelving and stocked the merch, I was lied to and as a result, I was let go. I hope those who work there enjoy it more than I did.
Worst work environment ever
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAJuly 8, 2019
Worked there for less than 2 months with the promise of 40 hr work wk that never happened the store manager is completely incompetent and lazy sits in the office watching monitors with line to the back of the store its a small place it takes everyone for it to work STAY AWAY can be a great place put the leadership in place now is horrible
Good
Cashier and Stocker (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 6, 2019
It was a good first job with good pay. It gave me experience with the cash register and as well as working the floor. I was able to build on customer service helping customers find where they needed to go and as well putting merchandise back.
Putting items back on shelves ..
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCJuly 5, 2019
Putting items back on shelves all day long not knowing where anything is or goes. It was not a fun job at all. Co-workers very competitive and back stabbing
Stay away from this place
Freight Flow Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 5, 2019
Do yourself a favor and stay far away. Everyone there is a back stabbing liar and you can make more money doing well anything else. The management is completely incapable and they just want to sit in the office while you slave for them. I've never had another job this bad
Could be a great place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagleville, PAJuly 3, 2019
They just don't pay enough for people to work there. The work itself isn't bad its nothing too hard and the days go pretty fast if you keep very busy.
Pros
if you stand out you will be noticed
Cons
pay rate is horrible
Total joke
Store associate (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVJuly 3, 2019
This place is a complete waste of ur time. They won’t give you hours. The first week is good then it’s down the slicky slide after. They won’t give you hours unless you get customers to take their Ollie cards which have zero benefit. When u are working the floor and only ring up maybe 5 ppl a day vs cashiers, it’s crazy to be in the same Ollie Card equation. They interview daily. Managers suck. It all sucks. Don’t bother.
Really great place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCJune 29, 2019
I love working at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet! It’s a fun job and you get great experiences and work with very friendly people. The managers are very tough but kind.
Fun
Assistant Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJune 27, 2019
I have had the pleasure of working at Ollie's for a couple of months now, and so far the management and employees have been nice. I have already been able to advance my career since starting here.
Not suggested
Employee (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJune 27, 2019
There is a reason turn over is so high, do the math. Very deceitful, vey clique and catty. The stores and corporate levels are the same, drama high turn over and better than you attitude.
Horrible Workplace and workers
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Warren, PAJune 26, 2019
Team members were rude and disrespectful, managers only cared about themselves and never gave anyone a work schedule. You would have to ask what day you worked next if you even worked next. Very unorganized work area and shopping place. Most stuff (food) is out of date. Once went in and asked a lady for help finding something I needed, she said to ask a manager for help because she didn’t know what I was talking about..while she was in the back sitting in her phone.
Loved the job
Freight Flow Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 25, 2019
Great place too work learned alot of different things inside of this company an even had the times too work at other stores an learn more i miss this job alot
Pros
Great people too work with all team players
Cons
Got too leave for lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ollie's Bargain Outlet. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight