Olmsted Center for Sight Employee Reviews

Politics
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  BuffaloAugust 28, 2018
I have seen (and know of) good people being forced to vacate their positions at this company because they do not further the professional aspirations of management. I loved my job there but could not continue working there while watching employees being pitted against each other like they are pieces on a chess board. The most recent major promotion given was to a person in charge of admissions. This is a department that has failed to meet expectations in every respect and has consistently not been able to fill classes with students. If you can navigate social politics better than you can do your job you will thrive here. If not, you will end up like the many good people I have worked with that have ended up either unemployed or just leaving because the writing is on the wall. I loved my job and took a temp position because I hated watching what was happening.
Pros
Potential, the organizations mission
Cons
Manipulation, personal advancement being more important to management than offering gold programming
Very enriching place to work.
Business Trainer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 14, 2018
Working with individuals that are blind and visually impaired achieve their highest level of independence is an experience that is as rewarding for the teacher as it is for the student.
Nice place to work for
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 22, 2018
The pace is good and you will learn more than you expect. The management is good and understanding. The workers are team players. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Dead lines
Supportive environment for those with disabilites
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 3, 2016
Very willing to hire and help in any way those with disabilities. Many advancements for those who don't get a chance in the rest of the working world. A very loving and nurturing environment.
Pros
Supportive of staff
Cons
Dependent on contracts for jobs
Contact Center Agent/Quality Assurance
Contact Center Agent/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 22, 2016
A great learning experience, fun atmosphere and really enjoyed the opportunity. I was able to work at home which allowed for a flexible schedule. Working from home allowed me to travel to different locations as I was able to bring my work with me wherever I went.
Unorganized Executive Level Management
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 19, 2016
Overwhelming wave of turnover in Executive Level Management. Organization does not have clear direction at this time leading to low employee morale and high employee turnover/low job satisfaction.
Pros
Ability to work independently and maintain work/personal life balance
Cons
Insecurity when it comes to organization's future
Productive workplace
Contact Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 26, 2014
I love my co-workers at Olmsted Center for sight. A typical day at work would be making outbound calls to other businesses. The management at my job is wonderful. The hardest part of my job sometimes is when some people don't answer the phone or they are not interested in what we are calling about. The most enjoyable part of my job is when someone does answer and they might not be interested in what were calling about but when they say the appreciate the call is what makes my job enjoyable.
Strengthening support system for clients with disabilities
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 11, 2012
Was able to bring residents together to participate in activities collectively and learn about each others disabilities and how they cope with it.

Want to know more about Olmsted Center for Sight?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olmsted Center for Sight. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about