Olmsted Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 18, 2019
Good place, I just work too many hours. Expectation of tasks to complete in a given week is too high. People are friendly , overall it is a decent place to be.
Great people to work with.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 23, 2019
I most enjoy the people I work with. I live 50 minutes from my cite of work, but so far OMC far exceeds any other opportunity I would find closer from home. The education they provide as far as CEUs has advanced my knowledge to a degree I would have never imagined. Excellent benefits and wonderful management in terms of my department.
Pros
Work environment, benefits, management and education
Cons
Health benefits could be a little better.
Administration is a joke
Cast Tech / Certified Surgical Technongist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 20, 2019
Power hungry admin who had no ideas on real patient care. They do not care about employee who dedicated years of excellent service. CEO is good, but surrounded by fools. Direct supervisors were ok, best ones were fired.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Toxic enviroments, upper leadership is a joke
Positive and energetic work environment
LABORATORY TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 20, 2019
This is a great institution to work for. There is a lot of room for growth and advancement. Tuition reimbursement and continuing education were a definite highlight. The benefit and retirement packages were great.
Pros
Teamwork
Productive workplace and respectful coworkers
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 9, 2018
I will always recommend this clinic to anyone. I felt really appreciated while I worked for this clinic. The most enjoyable part of my job was my job responsibilities, the daily communication with patients, and friendly coworkers. I was encouraged to exceed beyond my capabilities while I worked for the clinic.
Pros
Great communication, collaborative efforts, professional atmosphere, friendly coworkers
Fun place to work
Laboratory Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 28, 2018
I would recommend a job at OMC. Employees overall are treated very well. Olmsted Medical Center is very patient oriented, and you are treated like a person, not a number
Active but relaxed work environment
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 20, 2018
Great company to work for. Management and higher ups actually care and take time to visit with employees from time to time. Never once saw or heard nurses or doctors mistreat or look down on "lesser" employees. In fact, they are very friendly!
hospital setting
Director of Pharmacy, Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 11, 2018
Hospital setting with additional work in county health programs, incarceration pharmaceutical care, LTC, compounding, outpatient pharmaceutical care provided
Pros
all around pharmacy care
Cons
management
Great place to work , family oriented
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 5, 2018
Great place to work, you feel like a person and not a number. Great values. They treat each person with respect, they have great benefits and value their employees.
Collabrative, exciting ,rewarding
Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 29, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Olmsted Medical Center Sports Medicine and Athletic Performance. I learned a lot as an intern and met many great people throughout the experience.
Great Place
Clinical Informaticist II (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 4, 2018
Laid back environment with excellent 401k. PTO is generous. They tend to look out for everyone. Is not a cut throat environment by any means. People are friendly.
Best Work Place
Business Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 27, 2018
Amazing work environment. All staff got along with each other. as an employee, you felt as though management and above really cared about their employees. By far the best place I have worked.
Productive and fun environment with hard workers
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 15, 2017
Arrive at 5:30 am work with multiple athletes, work with athletes throughout the day ages from 7 to 24 old. I mostly enjoyed working with the older more advanced athletes. I learned how to run a team through a workout, how to program using a Triphasic approach, and how to be confident while teaching. Management was excellent, easy to communicate with. Workplace environment was very fun and exciting, always upbeat. The hardest part of the job is not knowing if they will be able to hire you. The most enjoyable part of the job is being with the athletes and co-workers while working hard and laughing and enjoying the time.
OMC is a great employer.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 28, 2017
I really enjoyed working at OMC. They are very professional and helpful for their employees. They offer great benefits and compensation. THe most enjoyable part of the job was patient care.
Great organization to work for
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 17, 2017
Great place to work upon relocating from a different state. Just large enough to get acquainted with fellow coworkers and establish stability in an employee oriented organization.
Exceptional health care organization
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 21, 2017
I have worked here for over 20 years and enjoy coming to work every day. My co-workers are excellent employees and have a positive attitude about the work they do.
Pros
Good pay, excellent benefits
great place for people who have low standards
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 31, 2017
I met respectable people working in different departments but overall management did not care to set high standards. Instead the attitude was that of a laid back "family" atmosphere aka smaller site, less pay, lower standards, no room to advance. Also, there was a shockingly high number of errors made in patient care that were quickly dismissed. They are only able to keep one hospitalist to stick around and all the rest fill in from a temp agency situation, red flag. If you like having to do more work than you are qualified to or being paid for then this place is for you. Overall, just another disaster of a hospital system.
great team of people to work with. no room to advance
Phlebotomist/Lab Radiology Desk (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 18, 2017
This facility is a family orientated place, you get to know the patients. I work a great team of people always willing to help out one another.
Unfortunately there is for room for advancement. the scheduling of work hours could be more consistent, instead of a different shift daily.
Pros
great people to work with, family setting get to know the Patients
Cons
Management not involved
A day as an Admisssions Clerk
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 27, 2017
Typically our day would start by getting report if we were in the ER for our shift. Other areas we would start by counting our money that is at the specific desk and then we would start our own daily report. Run our numbers for the day start printing our patients stuff for the day etc.

The workplace culture is somewhat limited. Not a very large variety of culture.

Working as an admissions clerk, you really have to learn to try to please every single patient that walks through the door, whether you know the answer or not- you figure it out for the convenience of the patient.

The most enjoyable part of being in admissions if the daily encounters you have with such a variety of patients that walk through the door.
Very judgemental and close-minded
PSR (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 10, 2016
Very disappointed in my employment at OMC. All of the training and sacrifices and time I spent completely devoting myself to this company, and I was let go due to EXTREMELY poor communication. No justifiable reason, just that the other employees didn't care for me. I have never been terminated from any employment, ever; nor have I ever felt so disrespected and misunderstood. In all of my years I have never experienced such an abrupt decision without the opportunity to speak. I was completely blind sided. Im still in disbelief that this happened at the clinic I grew up with and now take my children to. After informing those who needed to be told of my change in circumstance, I was answered with laughs, cries of disbelief, and utter shock. From family, former employers and co-workers alike. What a complete and utter mess for trivial aspects of life. I couldn't be more angry or hurt at this company than I am now. I will go forward, maybe a blessing in disguise. But word to the wise...if you say something to one, you are saying it to all. And it will come back to you, but it will be nothing at all like you said or meant it to be.
Pros
Varied shift duties
Cons
Very poor communication/employee discipline policies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olmsted Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3