Olympic College Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Great Opportunity to Give Back
Program Development and Research Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 17, 2018
Olympic College is part of the Washington State Public Colleges and Universities system and as such is regulated by the state. As a former student at Olympic my employment here, in a part-time role, was an opportunity to lend my experience to the college after a successful career with the federal government. The work is challenging at times, and can be fast-paced and demanding, but it was a pleasant place to work with dedicated employees working to help students gain excellent skills as they prepare to move to the workplace or to a four-year institution.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Restricted by government regulations
Awesome life experience
Information Technology Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJune 29, 2018
Great people and endless opportunities to learn and grow in a career path. There is even the possibility to take classes and finish a degree while you work with other students. The limited hours opens up opportunities for other jobs or more studying/tutoring.
Pros
Great experience, flexible hours, great networking op
Cons
no bennifits, few hours
Constant Moving
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJune 26, 2018
A good way to get to know the campus. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to walk around and visit the different buildings and workers. A typical work day included unlocking rooms and buildings and constant roving of the campus. Locking the rooms and buildings at night and roving the campus to ensure it is safe and secure.
Fine intermediate job.
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJune 13, 2018
Working as a tutor was fine. You have to deal with the occasional stressed out student. Other than that, it's a good source of supplemental income while going to school, or a good transitional job.
Part Time Office Assistant
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMay 2, 2018
I did typical office tasks. It's an easy job to make extra money while going through college. I had a chance to work with some great people and learn to deal with adversities.
Easy workplace worked with students and from a computer on a weekly basis
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 21, 2018
This was a great workplace since I got to work from my computer and talk to students this had to be the best job I’ve ever had it was a great experience.
Food service
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 15, 2018
Awesome place to work! Great environment to thrive in! As a student they will work with your school schedule when they make up the schedule. It depends where you work on how management is...
I enjoyed going to school there.
Was student (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WA 98337October 20, 2017
Most of all the good relationship of student to instructors are excellent. I have learned to understand the different background of students, their culture, and the friendship that bind us together.
Great intitution
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAOctober 16, 2017
OC is an awesome institution with great people. In most cases, everyone is willing to come together and get the job done right. Customer service always comes first.
I enjoyed my job
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WA 98337August 17, 2017
It was only a student job with 18 hours or less per week but helped with the bills. I helped a wide variety of individuals from different socio-economic backgrounds.
Academic
Softball Coach (Former Employee) –  CoachAugust 13, 2017
It a college that strives to do it best with the resources given with a vision to improve the community and students that work and attend. Olympic College is always looking to become better
Nursing at Olympic College has been a great opportunity.
Student Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAAugust 3, 2017
Olympic college provided excellent education to future nurses. The challenges I faced as a student nurse has prepared me to become the best nurse I can be. I am excited to gain for experience in the nursing field.
Allows students to excel, gain experience, and get paid in their field before graduating
Teacher's aide (Former Employee) –  Instrumental Music DeptAugust 1, 2017
Working as a Teacher's Aide allows students to excel, gain experience, and get paid in their field before graduating, putting you ahead of your classmates.
Pros
Work around class schedule
Cons
Professors can be demanding
Student Government experience
ASOC President (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, USAJuly 25, 2017
I was a part of the student government, and it was a really great experience. I learned how to be more responsible, arrange events and be a part of a diverse team.
A beautiful environment. Very contemporary architecture.
Fine Arts Faculty (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 21, 2017
A very dynamic learning environment. Management was agreeable.
The job was demanding but rewarding. The best part was the satisfaction provided by students accomplishments.
Pros
Very good facility.
Cons
Was not a permanent job
Great School
Student (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJune 15, 2017
Good tenured Professors with great industry knowledge. I enjoyed taking online classes here and will continue to take classes as time allows. Olympic College offers a great variety of courses.
Art Technician and Daycare Receptionist
Art Technician and Daycare Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJune 3, 2017
Made clay and glazes for the ceramics and sculpture classes. Maintained documents and checked parents in and out for picking up and dropping off their children.
Not bad
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMay 24, 2017
WorkStudy is an awesome program, but pay is base wages and minimal hours during school times. Work/Life balance is amazing! I am able to make my work schedule work around my class and home schedules with little to no conflict. Supervisor is great at picking up the blank spaces.
Great Entry Level Position
IT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMay 4, 2017
I love working for IT here. We're like one big family. I will say however, that if you plan on sticking around for long, ensure that you have certs or a degree because they dont do promotions or hiring based on experience or personal reference.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Bad pay, little vertical movement
Quiet workplace
Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAApril 6, 2017
It is a great side occupation for college students. There is little interaction required with the supervisor. Due to funding shortage in the education department, the hours are cut but the pay was increased to $11/hour.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not enough shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olympic College. Our community is ready to answer.

Olympic College Reviews by Location