Olympic Medical Center Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJuly 9, 2018
It was a great place to work. I'm sorry I had to leave. My manager was especially helpful and interested in my career advancement. My subordinates were hard working, supportive and very loyal not only to our department but to the organization and its core values. I was very proud of the work we did.
Pros
Great pay, beautiful facility
Cons
Nothing comes to mind!
Fun group
Imaging Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJune 25, 2018
In the department I was in the group of ladies I worked with was very enjoyable and kept the day entertaining. They were very professional but still had fun!
Pros
Discount on lunch if you work full time
Cons
Per diem in the state are only allowed 80 hours a month
Excellent place to work
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJune 7, 2018
I worked per diem for the hospital and LOVED all the staff and patients I saw. It is a great facility. I would definitely recommend working for the hospital.
Good place to work overall
Quality Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAMay 19, 2018
You must be able to multi-task and be flexible. Jobs tend to be stressful but challenging. I wouldn't have worked there for more than 30 years if it wasn't a good place to work.
Pros
Great benefits, good people to work with
Cons
Stressful environment
Daily Description working At Olympic Medical Center, Hospital Lab
Lab Assistant / Phlebotomist - Certified (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAApril 18, 2018
My shift consisted of the 5am - 1:30 pm, usually 5 days a week but also 6 days if coverage was needed. I completed AM rounds at the nursing homes three days a week and hospital rounds on the days where nursing homes was not assigned. I worked remaining hours doing hospital rounds for both Inpatient and Outpatient. I also assisted with blood draws in ER when a trauma was present. After lunch I worked as one of three couriers, driving supplies between other lab sites/clinics and as well as specimen pick-ups. Voluntary coverage included additional night shifts.
Pros
Being mobile at work at other sites which I enjoyed because I was able to see what others sites did.
Cons
I did no have any cons.
Wonderful career opportunities at Olympic Medical Center!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAMarch 28, 2018
Working at OMC has truly been a blessing for me. I work with an incredible team of people who are caring and helpful. We strive together each day to take the best care of our customers and each other. This job has allowed me to learn and grow. The management and leadership are honorable and supportive and they never miss an opportunity to make the employees feel appreciated and special.
Pros
Amazing work environment and dedicated co-workers.
Cons
None!
Cardiac Services is busy but good energy to be with.
Medical Office Asst (Former Employee) –  939 Caroline StreetJanuary 30, 2018
I was hired to work temporarily at cardiac services from 4/2007 to 8/2007. I routed calls to EKG scheduler and checked patients in for scheduled exams. Also alerted techs of urgent and stat emergencies.
Pros
Good employees and get things done.
Cons
temporary hire
work load
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WADecember 29, 2017
management needs to find methods to moderate work load with sudden crush loads of specimens, and initiate a system whereby med techs in the laboratory do not need to answer phones, or deal with other interruptions
Great place to work and advance in the workforce
Dietary department-Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WADecember 28, 2017
If its hard to come to work because of some people its not the best place. But the hospital in its whole is a great place to work. It really depends on your management and the department in itself.
busy and fast paced high demanding good benefits but little room for growth within department
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAOctober 14, 2017
high turnover poor management good benefits little growth options high demand duties stressful over worked staff and a negative work environment most time off request denied and long hours added to FT employees non consistent training and leadership
Benefits
Cons
negative environment inefficient management
Open friendly Culture.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAMay 16, 2017
Best place to learn and grow. There are quite a few well experienced techs there. Well staffed and management is connected to both employees and patients. Most enjoyable part are the co-workers. Most challenging is learning all the differences in what the different Doctors like and don't like. Overall Great place to work.
surgical nursing
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAApril 21, 2017
It was a nice place to work. A typical day included all the responsibilities of inpatient/outpatient surgical nursing skills including admission and discharge duties.
Great place to work from management to coworkers
MA/Secretary to Gastroenterology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sequim, WAJuly 6, 2016
Greet, room, take & record vitals - discharge instructions..
In the 24 years I was with Olympic Medical Center I learned ~
I love to help people, be positive, smile, listen, if you did something wrong own up no matter what - never lie, count your blessing - it could be much worse, the patients chart is a legal document - never falsify a legal document. I have so many wonderful friends that started out as coworkers, some of which have advance to management positions. They are still good, solid, cool people.
The hardest part of the job ~ patients die, families are crushed, or worse ~ no one there at all...
Great Volunteer Position
HOSPITAL GIFT SHOP VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJanuary 27, 2016
In this job I volunteered in the hospital gift shop. Although this was an unpaid position, it offered a non-monetary compensation that was truly heart-warming. It was a pleasure to be able to be the "bright spot" in someone's day, whether it be an employee having a stressful shift, or a patient's family member dealing with a loved one experiencing serious health challenges.

As at St. John's Medical Center, one of the most rewarding parts of this job was the annual allocation of funds to fulfill the "wish list" items for the various hospital departments.
Pros
Fun environment where I was highly valued by my superiors.
Cons
None, everyone should have this experience.
Standard local hospital
Hazardous Materials & Waste Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAOctober 22, 2015
OMC is a local public hospital. I worked as the Hazardous Materials and Waste Coordinator, Laboratory Safety Officer, and as a Medical Technologist. The staff at this hospital does a good job and most are very dedicated.
Pros
Dedicated staff
Cons
Healthcare is a difficult environment to work in
Fast paised and full of energy
Med/Surg Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJune 13, 2015
I would start work at 0600, roomed first patient at 0700. Between rooming, discharging & scheduling procedures for patients, I ran all day long and loved every minute of it. It's a wonderful feeling when you can help people every day. I learned to observe, listen and the patient is not angry at you they just don't feel good therefore not on their best behavior. I was lucky enough to have worked with a group of phenomenal, diverse, compationate, fellow staff members. From the CEO, kitchen staff, physicians, housekeeping and everyone in between.
great place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 4, 2013
i luv the medical field. is a busy place to work in the fact that we use to get alot of people sick
Transcriptionist II (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAOctober 3, 2013
Good working environment, great co-workers, management has improved in the last 2 years.
Awesome
ER RN (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJune 6, 2013
There isn't a better group of people that I had the pleasure of being part of their department and facility with the short amount of time I was there.
Very Productive learning experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WADecember 14, 2012
Very busy fast paced learning experience with the public and patients on different levels. Enjoyed all co-workers working as a team players to acheive the best care for patients. Enjoyed working with numerous nurses and doctors learning new ways to care for patients and their own needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olympic Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.