Olympic Medical Center Employee Reviews

Best place to work in Port Angeles
Senior System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAOctober 9, 2018
Beyond being one of the best places to work in Port Angeles, OMC is a critical part of our community and one that gives satisfaction in knowing that we're helping people every day.
A fantastic rural hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WASeptember 20, 2018
One of the largest employers in Clallam Co., OMC offers good pay and benefits. At times management and administration seem a bit out of touch with the regular working folks there, but that's probably the case with a lot of hospitals.
you feel like family
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2018
olympic medical center is a great environment to be in i love working there and like to know i am doing something wonderful for someone i am hard working person.
Pros
n/a
Cons
nla
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAAugust 15, 2018
OMC was a wonderful place to work. Autonomy in the work arena. No work place anxiety. Radiologists would take time to teach us about various exams, to show us what to look for, especially in complicated cases. Immediate supervisor was always proximal and her door was always open to talk.. I worked evening shift M-F with another tech and so a lot of our work was ER related, which meant more trauma type exams than would be experienced working the day shift in the clinical arena. We also spent time in the OR when required. We supported such cases as laparoscopic cholecystectomies, hip replacements, femur roddings, kidney stone chases, pacemaker insertions, porta-caths, and various other extremity surgeries.
Pros
Great work environment, decent pay and benefits
Cons
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAAugust 9, 2018
Olympic Medical Center in Port Angeles is a great place to work. There is great benefits, you get paid well, and they offer paid vacation. The management could use some work in some departments, but overall it isn't bad!
Pros
Paid Vacation
Cons
Some management
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJuly 9, 2018
It was a great place to work. I'm sorry I had to leave. My manager was especially helpful and interested in my career advancement. My subordinates were hard working, supportive and very loyal not only to our department but to the organization and its core values. I was very proud of the work we did.
Pros
Great pay, beautiful facility
Cons
Nothing comes to mind!
no comment
Perform intensive Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 4, 2018
A typical day at work, I never really have a typical day at work, because I knew how to do my job and how to deal with difficult patient. I love all my patients whom I work with and they all love me the same way. I believe those who have a typical day at work able cope with their emotions and continue with their normal duties. At my job we have good management who care for employees and their patients.
Fun group
Imaging Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJune 25, 2018
In the department I was in the group of ladies I worked with was very enjoyable and kept the day entertaining. They were very professional but still had fun!
Pros
Discount on lunch if you work full time
Cons
Per diem in the state are only allowed 80 hours a month
Excellent place to work
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJune 7, 2018
I worked per diem for the hospital and LOVED all the staff and patients I saw. It is a great facility. I would definitely recommend working for the hospital.
Good place to work overall
Quality Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAMay 19, 2018
You must be able to multi-task and be flexible. Jobs tend to be stressful but challenging. I wouldn't have worked there for more than 30 years if it wasn't a good place to work.
Pros
Great benefits, good people to work with
Cons
Stressful environment
Daily Description working At Olympic Medical Center, Hospital Lab
Lab Assistant / Phlebotomist - Certified (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAApril 18, 2018
My shift consisted of the 5am - 1:30 pm, usually 5 days a week but also 6 days if coverage was needed. I completed AM rounds at the nursing homes three days a week and hospital rounds on the days where nursing homes was not assigned. I worked remaining hours doing hospital rounds for both Inpatient and Outpatient. I also assisted with blood draws in ER when a trauma was present. After lunch I worked as one of three couriers, driving supplies between other lab sites/clinics and as well as specimen pick-ups. Voluntary coverage included additional night shifts.
Pros
Being mobile at work at other sites which I enjoyed because I was able to see what others sites did.
Cons
I did no have any cons.
Wonderful career opportunities at Olympic Medical Center!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAMarch 28, 2018
Working at OMC has truly been a blessing for me. I work with an incredible team of people who are caring and helpful. We strive together each day to take the best care of our customers and each other. This job has allowed me to learn and grow. The management and leadership are honorable and supportive and they never miss an opportunity to make the employees feel appreciated and special.
Pros
Amazing work environment and dedicated co-workers.
Cons
None!
Cardiac Services is busy but good energy to be with.
Medical Office Asst (Former Employee) –  939 Caroline StreetJanuary 30, 2018
I was hired to work temporarily at cardiac services from 4/2007 to 8/2007. I routed calls to EKG scheduler and checked patients in for scheduled exams. Also alerted techs of urgent and stat emergencies.
Pros
Good employees and get things done.
Cons
temporary hire
work load
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WADecember 29, 2017
management needs to find methods to moderate work load with sudden crush loads of specimens, and initiate a system whereby med techs in the laboratory do not need to answer phones, or deal with other interruptions
Great place to work and advance in the workforce
Dietary department-Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WADecember 28, 2017
If its hard to come to work because of some people its not the best place. But the hospital in its whole is a great place to work. It really depends on your management and the department in itself.
busy and fast paced high demanding good benefits but little room for growth within department
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAOctober 14, 2017
high turnover poor management good benefits little growth options high demand duties stressful over worked staff and a negative work environment most time off request denied and long hours added to FT employees non consistent training and leadership
Benefits
Cons
negative environment inefficient management
Open friendly Culture.
Externship (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAMay 16, 2017
Best place to learn and grow. There are quite a few well experienced techs there. Well staffed and management is connected to both employees and patients. Most enjoyable part are the co-workers. Most challenging is learning all the differences in what the different Doctors like and don't like. Overall Great place to work.
surgical nursing
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAApril 21, 2017
It was a nice place to work. A typical day included all the responsibilities of inpatient/outpatient surgical nursing skills including admission and discharge duties.
Great place to work from management to coworkers
MA/Secretary to Gastroenterology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sequim, WAJuly 6, 2016
Greet, room, take & record vitals - discharge instructions..
In the 24 years I was with Olympic Medical Center I learned ~
I love to help people, be positive, smile, listen, if you did something wrong own up no matter what - never lie, count your blessing - it could be much worse, the patients chart is a legal document - never falsify a legal document. I have so many wonderful friends that started out as coworkers, some of which have advance to management positions. They are still good, solid, cool people.
The hardest part of the job ~ patients die, families are crushed, or worse ~ no one there at all...
Great Volunteer Position
HOSPITAL GIFT SHOP VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJanuary 27, 2016
In this job I volunteered in the hospital gift shop. Although this was an unpaid position, it offered a non-monetary compensation that was truly heart-warming. It was a pleasure to be able to be the "bright spot" in someone's day, whether it be an employee having a stressful shift, or a patient's family member dealing with a loved one experiencing serious health challenges.

As at St. John's Medical Center, one of the most rewarding parts of this job was the annual allocation of funds to fulfill the "wish list" items for the various hospital departments.
Pros
Fun environment where I was highly valued by my superiors.
Cons
None, everyone should have this experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olympic Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3