Olympus Building Services Inc Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Lead Janitor/ floor tech (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 17, 2019
I have had problems with people not respecting others bosses don't handle it right and instead of fixing the problem they just moved me out of my building and cut my pay I wouldn't recommend working for this company
Horrible managment
Supervisor (Pima Community College Profile) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 27, 2019
project manager have no experience in leadership, he is very rude with the team members and no support from him, he don't help employees to develop their self and find out employees skills, is more easy to get rid of people instead working with them in order to by success.
Everything sucked
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 29, 2019
Poor management skills... no communication with the employees.. no team work... Won't work here in any state again.... the job is more of a popularity contest... the only people the keep is the people that's all bout drama...
Pros
Pay was ok
Cons
The list is too long to state
Unorganized and bad management
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 24, 2019
I recently left Olympus due to poor structure and unprofessionalism. Work you to the bone with no appreciation. The only time you hear from manager is when he threatens to write you up for something that can be easily fixed. They're always running low on supplies. No praise just negative responses. Avoid working with this company.
Pros
Manager never around
Cons
Not getting full hours, bad management
The people were nice
Housekeeper/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 23, 2019
I didn't stay long, I was given misinformation. I thought I was getting more money and going to work at a different site. The job was easy but boring, you had to do the same thing continuously. I would finished by lunchtime after clocking in at 7. If you're lazy this is the job for you. I need more work and more money!!! Just because the minimum wage is a certain amount don't mean you can't offer more money to someone who has a lot of experience and is a good worker.
Pros
Nice people to work around
Cons
Not enough to do and the money is was lacking.
Productive workplace but has horrible management and very unorganized
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NCApril 23, 2019
I wouldn’t recommend working at Olympus. Management is horrible and never knowledgeable about rules and policies. The company has been going downhill ever since I started & they’ll probably lose their contract soon. There’s a very high turnover rate, no one ever stays for long. Supervisor and manager never know what’s going on within the company. There are never enough supplies at the start of the shift. Hours are horrible too (4pm-12am). It’s just overall very unorganized and messy.
Pros
Team work, vision insurance
Cons
Low pay, short breaks, poor management
Unoriganized and very disrespectful.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 18, 2019
Olympus is a small company from Arizona. They are very disrespectful to their employees. They never want to talk to their employees about none of their concerns with the job.
Pros
An hour lunch break
Cons
No working hours
Horrible management.
Custodian Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 16, 2019
I recently quit my job with Olympus. Due to that their was poor management manager did not have no respect no professionalism. To where they also under paid janitors and supervisors and giving the fact they couldn’t keep up with fixing equipment. I would never see the manager but I will get calls or emails to only see him on reason given. He will also talk bad about his janitors. The manager will also threaten to fire you on little things that come up. I did notified upper management but I did. Or get any other follow up.
Most unprofessional drama filled workplace I've ever seen.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 15, 2019
Most unprofessional drama filled workplace I've ever worked at Upper Management very rude . Only place I've ever worked where you can get your entire family on and don't do any work. Have all this high prices equipment that is not needed or utilized. Told me my pay was $12 but paid me $10 sent me emails saying my pay would be fixed never was . Employees driving company vehicles with no drivers license no Human Resources department . Awful company to work for
Pros
Cons
If your not liked or speak up when something is wrongyour gonna get fired
stop !stop !stop! don't apply for Olympus?
janitor (Former Employee) –  El pasoApril 3, 2019
working for Olympus was horrible and embarrassing working for their company. sometimes they don't even give you supplies what you need to clean the restrooms with ,sometimes you got to buy your own stuff to do your job for this company and to save your tail too don't care about you only for the company that's very sad to see that. and having experience for Janitorial and working with their coworkers are lazy they don't want to help you or rotate they expect you to do it less work for them they don't even clean building. Buying my own stuff to clean was a good idea to sanitize the restroom but, and my opinion they stole from me out of my pocket I didn't have to buy these things for this company. Don't waste your time on this job find something better.
work place unsafe
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 27, 2019
cleaning a whole building at night by yourself and your manager tells you that it is not in her budget to get you help cleaning a building that have three floors with fifth two rooms and 27 bathrooms ,five conference rooms and four computer rooms and three CPR rooms and no outside lights
If you want to work here, make sure they go through with your hiring process instead of screwing you over.
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2019
They posted a job opening for remote work, at which I applied, and was hired. Freelance to full time after a few months. I had relied on this job and after they gave me all the details and sent my offer letter, they sent me a check for my "mini office" that bounced, and after that I reached out multiple times with no answers. They soon reposted the job as "In House" and that was the end of it. Highly unprofessional in my opinion so if you decide to apply to work here, make sure they dont screw you over.
Relaxed
Custodial services (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 30, 2018
If you like working alone or with people this is the job for you. Working alone is great,you dont have your boss breathing down your neck,and you will work with other workers to help another out which is better because the job will get done faster a d quicker.
job opportunty to move up
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 28, 2018
i like working for the company
i wanted to work for the wife family business.
we need more oportunity to move up in position.
i was a very great employee there.
Pros
good wages
Cons
bad union policy
Workplace
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NCDecember 23, 2018
Work place is relaxed no one breaths down your back as long as you get your work done. Don’t expect team work nobody helps you! Supervisor sit in your building and do nothing at all . Females take trash alone and the trash area is very dark. Company doesn’t appreciate you! Only see upper management when you did something wrong. Once you hit your 90 days you get paid holidays
Pros
Full time paid holidays
Cons
Short lunches, not enough pay, trash areas are dark management sucks
They have a monthly micro management review. The grades is defines the finds of fault, the point system is not designed to reward job well done
Overnight Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 1, 2018
Never is the employee given praise for work performance,job well done ,appreciation or healthy encouragement.
No chance for advancement if you are not bi-lingual. This is prejudice and discrimination I believe.
Site supervisors need some managerial training. There is very little respectful support ( having the backs of) or credit to the team's they oversee.
When needing mediation with regard to supervisor and employee issues,there is none,so there is no resolve.
Every day was overwhelming. One my worst experiences and I stayed with them 4 years before calling it quits.
Pros
Cons
There is no appreciation or value for thw employees
Fun place to work
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 18, 2018
Good company to work for. Very fast passed.. Good job training skills can be learned here. Great management. Great work hours. Would recommend this company to work for
update
Quality Control Manager/Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 3, 2018
The company could have been more hands on with employees and i believe that the company management needs working on its communication between them. With that being sayed i wouldnt work with them again
Good Company
Quality Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2018
Good Company, Location of contract involved a lot of politics. Federal Govt. Benefits plus wages were very reasonable given the area and cost of living.
Good job
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 1, 2018
I was placed at asu. Great place to be. Bosses were decent, co workers were a good group. Was told that i would be getting a raise after 90 days. That didn't kick in until about 4 1/2 months. Didnt get a uniform until almost a year after starting there.
Pros
Asu was a great location to be at
Cons
Management could have been better