Olympus Building Services Inc Employee Reviews for Janitor

Unorganized and bad management
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 24, 2019
I recently left Olympus due to poor structure and unprofessionalism. Work you to the bone with no appreciation. The only time you hear from manager is when he threatens to write you up for something that can be easily fixed. They're always running low on supplies. No praise just negative responses. Avoid working with this company.
Pros
Manager never around
Cons
Not getting full hours, bad management
Productive workplace but has horrible management and very unorganized
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NCApril 23, 2019
I wouldn’t recommend working at Olympus. Management is horrible and never knowledgeable about rules and policies. The company has been going downhill ever since I started & they’ll probably lose their contract soon. There’s a very high turnover rate, no one ever stays for long. Supervisor and manager never know what’s going on within the company. There are never enough supplies at the start of the shift. Hours are horrible too (4pm-12am). It’s just overall very unorganized and messy.
Pros
Team work, vision insurance
Cons
Low pay, short breaks, poor management
stop !stop !stop! don't apply for Olympus?
janitor (Former Employee) –  El pasoApril 3, 2019
working for Olympus was horrible and embarrassing working for their company. sometimes they don't even give you supplies what you need to clean the restrooms with ,sometimes you got to buy your own stuff to do your job for this company and to save your tail too don't care about you only for the company that's very sad to see that. and having experience for Janitorial and working with their coworkers are lazy they don't want to help you or rotate they expect you to do it less work for them they don't even clean building. Buying my own stuff to clean was a good idea to sanitize the restroom but, and my opinion they stole from me out of my pocket I didn't have to buy these things for this company. Don't waste your time on this job find something better.
Workplace
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NCDecember 23, 2018
Work place is relaxed no one breaths down your back as long as you get your work done. Don’t expect team work nobody helps you! Supervisor sit in your building and do nothing at all . Females take trash alone and the trash area is very dark. Company doesn’t appreciate you! Only see upper management when you did something wrong. Once you hit your 90 days you get paid holidays
Pros
Full time paid holidays
Cons
Short lunches, not enough pay, trash areas are dark management sucks
They have a monthly micro management review. The grades is defines the finds of fault, the point system is not designed to reward job well done
Overnight Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 1, 2018
Never is the employee given praise for work performance,job well done ,appreciation or healthy encouragement.
No chance for advancement if you are not bi-lingual. This is prejudice and discrimination I believe.
Site supervisors need some managerial training. There is very little respectful support ( having the backs of) or credit to the team's they oversee.
When needing mediation with regard to supervisor and employee issues,there is none,so there is no resolve.
Every day was overwhelming. One my worst experiences and I stayed with them 4 years before calling it quits.
Pros
Cons
There is no appreciation or value for thw employees
Fun place to work
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 18, 2018
Good company to work for. Very fast passed.. Good job training skills can be learned here. Great management. Great work hours. Would recommend this company to work for
Olympus provided us with clean break rooms to eat in and nice lounge rest areas
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 15, 2018
Olympus is a fair job learning expirence throughout the work day I would clean dust mop vacuume removed trash and recyle polish classrooms . Also go behind fellow employees inspect their work give nightly reports lock and secure all buildings.I would also train fellow new comer employees. I learned how to operate floor stripping machinery. Olympus did offer us a 1 hour lunch break that was paid that was nice.
Pros
was a monday threw friday job paid holidays off paid 1 hour break
Cons
having to work with lazy unwilling to work people who would try to cut corners
The turn around was high with Olympus
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Employees don't last due to management. There is poor communication with management. There was no support from the HR dept. or the supervisors. Employees would complain about one another, there was no structure.
Janitorial services provided
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDFebruary 20, 2017
Cleaned restrooms and emptied trash cans in the buildings at two locations for the US Army Aberdeen Proving Ground. Management was challenging.
Pros
It was a full time position and I was thankful for the paycheck. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Cons
Management was hard to work for.
Fun place to work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 26, 2014
Always had steady hours. It was always a place that I enjoyed coming to, similar to a family