Olympus Building Services Inc Employee Reviews

Good Company
Quality Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2018
Good Company, Location of contract involved a lot of politics. Federal Govt. Benefits plus wages were very reasonable given the area and cost of living.
Good job
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 1, 2018
I was placed at asu. Great place to be. Bosses were decent, co workers were a good group. Was told that i would be getting a raise after 90 days. That didn't kick in until about 4 1/2 months. Didnt get a uniform until almost a year after starting there.
Pros
Asu was a great location to be at
Cons
Management could have been better
Very good company with great benefits and managerial team
Quality Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 23, 2018
.Olympus is a good company that supports there staff on all levels. the work balance with personal/family time is exceptional. Management is understanding and gives constant support for training or learning process.
managment is horrible vary unprofessional people.
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 14, 2018
I cleaned for collage student who were messy the cleaning we had to do I feel we should get paid more. Management was poor they never had supplies for us we would be short staffed and they never gave a help in hand.
Pros
Summer time slows down for a month so not much of cleaning
Cons
To much work for a one person i never got help
Very busy environment.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  NorfolkMarch 29, 2018
You have to use the tools that are given to you like schedules and equipment. These are there to make the job easier and more efficient. If you don't use there is no one to blame but yourself. A lot of the employees try to clean the old way and wont give the new equipment and ideas a chance instead they will complain about the manager and want the manager to do all the work. One example the housekeepers did not like the vacuum cleaners that were purchased during the opening. The manager bought all new vacuum cleaners and the employees still didn't use them or they broke them.
Pros
Lots of inside rewards, such as Kudos, Clean Building, Employee of the month, Safety Award, Manager getting Pizza every now and then...
Cons
High Demand from the customer not much room for mistakes
Olympus provided us with clean break rooms to eat in and nice lounge rest areas
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 15, 2018
Olympus is a fair job learning expirence throughout the work day I would clean dust mop vacuume removed trash and recyle polish classrooms . Also go behind fellow employees inspect their work give nightly reports lock and secure all buildings.I would also train fellow new comer employees. I learned how to operate floor stripping machinery. Olympus did offer us a 1 hour lunch break that was paid that was nice.
Pros
was a monday threw friday job paid holidays off paid 1 hour break
Cons
having to work with lazy unwilling to work people who would try to cut corners
poor management and no team work structure
janitorial, floor tech, night supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 3, 2018
Horrible boss and management, never could have a full staff and put the extra load in other workers while expecting 100% clean buildings and the site manager was barely there and did nothing to help improve situations and blamed everything on everybody else so they wouldn't take responsibility for their actions and was a horrible boss. AsuPoly. Site manager did not care about anybody but themselves and attitude was very poor and cynanical. Did not have full knowledge of everything and was unfite to be a site manager. I have never have had a more horrible dysfunctional boss in my life.
Pros
week vacation
Cons
extra load, gossiping, bad management, crazy co workers
Bad management
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 14, 2017
I didn't have a supervisor, I was not trained properly at all . No respect for the the worker's doing the job that keeps the contract going . Thanks 4 wasting my time.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Bad management
Production and good place to work
Lead Floor Technician/ Custodian (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 24, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Olympus. I feel they are a good employer to work for. They do training sessions when they introduce new cleaning products or equipment There is chance of advancement and over all good company to work for.
The turn around was high with Olympus
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Employees don't last due to management. There is poor communication with management. There was no support from the HR dept. or the supervisors. Employees would complain about one another, there was no structure.
Bad Management
Management (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 21, 2017
This company could be so much better if management didn't suck the life out of you daily. only way to describe it is poor leadership, poor management and a don't care attitude. You can only do so much work by yourself only to hear the same ole story we short staff. We in the process of hiring more staff but they never come and some of us carry the entire load.
Pros
good pay
Cons
managment is the worst from top to bottom .....
Discrimination
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhAugust 19, 2017
Working for that company was a experience I don't ever want to have to encounter as far as employment,or should I say certain aspects of the job I don't wish to come in contact with ever again,but the place where I worked was great, I loved every minute of my day there.
Pros
My vacation
Cons
Floods
dryden
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edwards, CAMay 30, 2017
I took care of payroll, managing employees, setting up work schedule and ordering supplies. a typical day was a none stop day, took care of any emergencies that might happen
Floor Technician
Floor Technician/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 22, 2017
Stripped and resurfaced floors utilizing floor buffers Maintained a clean environment free of debris
Cleaned and maintained machines used for floor maintenance
Janitorial services provided
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDFebruary 20, 2017
Cleaned restrooms and emptied trash cans in the buildings at two locations for the US Army Aberdeen Proving Ground. Management was challenging.
Pros
It was a full time position and I was thankful for the paycheck. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Cons
Management was hard to work for.
Horrible Management
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 24, 2016
Not that great of a management team at the location I worked at. Turnover was too high and we were constantly understaffed. We'd get constant complaints from the clients and management would do nothing about it.
Management needs inprovement
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 17, 2015
Columbus, OH
While the work wasn't hard, the management was hard to deal with. I was fired because of a client complaint that had no bases or merits. They didn't even bother to hear what actually happened. They didn't care about the welfare or morale of their employees.
Quality Control Manager/Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 13, 2015
My former job has been wonderful because I get to split my time between creative and organizational tasks. I love having that duality, because when I get stuck on the creative stuff, I can switch gears and do the organizational stuff. It’s nice being able to use both sides of my brain. I also like that my bosses are very effective managers. They understand the importance of hiring good people and then simply clearing the way so their team members can do what they do best with few obstacles.
Proactive
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  DCSeptember 30, 2015
I learned a lot from this job
Training was provided to everyone
Co workers were very helpful
Sadly the contract ended

More sites in AZ
well day to day the job it self was not bad at all i love the pepole i work with every was so nice and friendly it was a great building to be in .
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 11, 2014
a typical day at work went as such jus doing your day to day house keeping puling trash mopping floors ect
Now the management on the other hand was un organized and professional the co worker r great for the most part nice Fridley tha hardest part of the job was dealing with the management and most enjoyably part was meeting new friends
Pros
jus to say u work for osu
Cons
health care pay rate