Omaha Steaks Employee Reviews

great
seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 23, 2019
great place to work, I only worked there for the seasonal posiyion but it was a great place to work they moved me around alot so i got to learn aall of the positions at omahansteaks warehouse i loved it would definetly recommend it
Poor management, no direction, no future
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 17, 2019
Changes in upper management have made the job not fun anymore. It was a great retail job but now there is no direction. I loved my customers but hate the way they are treated now by the company.
Pros
Great food discounts
Cons
No support or help
Fast paced call center
Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 9, 2019
I worked at Omaha Steaks for the past 6 years. It is very fast paced, especially during the holidays. I enjoyed taking orders from people all over the country. Supervisors and leads are helpful and supportive. Besides getting an hourly wage, you also earn commission on each order. There is pressure to upsell, but it's such an easy product to sell - Who doesn't like steak???
Pros
Supportive sups, friendly coworkers, fast paced
Cons
Pay
Great team place and always busy during holidays!
Box Maker Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 3, 2019
Omaha Steaks is a great job to start your career. Plenty of overtime to be had in the Christmas season. It would be nice if there were more advancement opportunities but i think that means people are staying in positions a long time which is good. Great place to work overall!
Pros
Great benefits and pension plan!
Cons
No sick leave and little advancement opportunities!
Shady
Steak Expert. As a Steak Expert (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 1, 2019
There was a problem with theft in our store amd it caused a lot of internal problems that were not hamdled fairly. I jad a great relationship with the mamager as I had worked at the same store previously. When someone started stealing the cut hours and since I had left amd returned I was considered 'new' and took the harshest hit. I jad done nothing wrong and yet I was being treated like I was under surveillance while employees who purchased unreasonable amounts of food at the store were not scrutinized. Just poorly executed. I was a great employee who loved my job and felt like I had been thrown under the bus.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor structure amd dont handle tough situations well.
Great Seasonal Position
Order Processing clerk (Former Employee) –  OmahaMarch 31, 2019
great seasonal position for extra holiday money. Set your own hours and days. Flexible hours are a plus. Yearly holiday bonus increases each year that you return.
Pros
set your own hours
Cons
yearly bonus caps
working with celebraties
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 30, 2019
Season work busiest time is at the end of the year during the holidays season. Fast paced environment friendly people youd like to work with again. Omaha steaks.
Pros
Local jobs
Cons
Seasonal work
Steady day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 13, 2019
Pros:
Some days goes by quickly then others.
Never missed a paycheck
Bi-monthly pay
Paid training
Some autonomy

Cons:
Expects you to drop anything your doing to try to work for them
On call for store alarms 24/7
Monthly count-basically in the freezer for 4-5 hours counting boxes
Unrealistic sales goes- if you dont meet then over a course of three months on personal performance=write up
Unsteady schedule as its based on budget
Pros
Pay on time
Cons
No breaks no leadership
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 12, 2019
If you need extra money for the holidays, then this is the place for you. The calls come in to you, and you do have to do some upselling. That's just more money in your pocket though. Upbeat atmosphere, and the management is great.
fun job
HOME SALES ASSOCIATE-SEASONAL (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68103March 9, 2019
fun job, great support and training. great opportunities to grab extra hours as it gets closer to the holidays. Great support staff, easy to get assistance and helpers are very helpful.
Pros
good support
Cons
cost of product
No Comment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 7, 2019
Stress and Anxiety driven superiors that feed off of others hard work. Human Resource departement are grossly incompetent and are instructed to protect the company and not the employee, even when violating NE state laws.
Casual work environment
Seasonal Switchboard Operator & Inbound Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 6, 2019
Casual and laid back work environment. I was given the opportunity to work both at the headquarters and from home as a seasonal inbound rep. Both experiences were great!
Non caring corporate terrible local management
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2019
Outdated retail sales systems, lack of training, overpriced frozen foods, customer price gouging and confusing sales/pricing structure. Combined with poor store level management who demand up sell products, selling steak lover rewards by grabbing customers emails, keeping your gross margin up. Beware of management who care more about profit than employees with no breaks, stingy hours while you carry the burden. Horrible insurance for full time, nothing for part time.
Pros
Minimal discount
Cons
Terrible management and corporate at retail level
Liked how one can make their own hours. Loved talking to customers .
Phone orders- Inbound (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 16, 2019
Company is very organized. It’s reputation had been around for along time. I enjoyed working there and talking to the customers. Hours and flexibility are good
Pros
Atmosphere, pay, helpful, friendly managers
Annoying company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FLFebruary 13, 2019
This job was very easy, but the company is very annoying and does a bad job at marketing itself in a coherent manner. Trying to be all the things its not, stick to the beef
Pros
Easy
Cons
Bad practices
Great place to work sales!
Mail Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 23, 2019
If I were part of the sales force, and was good at making sales, this would've been a great gig. As it was, I've been part of the mail room, and was mostly tasked with getting shipping labels ready to fulfill. It's been a great position, and I like my coworkers, but being part-time isn't good enough for me anymore.

I would definitely recommend working here, especially if you're good at sales or customer service.
Pros
Lunch vendors at reasonable prices, employee discount
Cons
Hard to move between departments, hard to advance without others leaving first
Fun place to work and get some extra money for holidays
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 15, 2019
Great place to work,nice people and good extra money for holidays plus you receive good bonuses for your good attendance and your hard work and perseverance.
Good Paying Job
OUTBOUND DIRECT SALES (Former Employee) –  4400 S 96th St, Omaha, NE 68127January 10, 2019
Omaha Steaks is a job where you are around friendly people and managers who will help you out if you have a question. As a seasonal job I enjoyed being with new people and making friends.
Fun and active workplace and great employee discounts
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 3, 2019
I love helping, talking and placing orders with customers. I just wish i was constantly getting phone calls because i always have to doing something. Love omaha steaks.
Pros
Discounts and commission.
Cons
Kinda slow
Productive fun work environment
Outside Sales Representative-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 28, 2018
Flexibility with work schedules. Trainers are helpful. Productive work environment. Seasonal employment with full time availability and overtime. Weekly drawings for contests
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Takes to lonng to get from one area to the next

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omaha Steaks. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight