OMI Industries

Working at OMI Industries: 12 Reviews

United States12 reviews

Loved my work family

The people you work with are great people they became like family to me and still feel that way ,my manager and supervisor were amazing to work for and helped me in every circumstance, very supportive and encouraging to work for ,however the pay is low and not sustainable for long Also you only get paid twice a month

Pros

People

Cons

Pay, and pay periods

Not a good experience

The crew was fun to work with and management was just ok, but for being a production associate and being on the production line, the pay is below average for the job required.

Pros

Friendly co workers

Cons

Inadequate pay

OMI Industries insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Expression detemrine excellent not real professional wrorking

Any company must aware of skillset didn't comes easy as well as experience based expertise therefore the company may need to provide training to managerial staff to make sustainable without lossing the entire industry and skillset of the industry itself

Pros

team formation and best delivery

Cons

Incapable to delivery best employees benefits that make the company different

Great place to work would love to go back.

I was only worked at the company for a summer but I really enjoyed my time there and would love to work there again. The atmosphere was very friendly and you could talk to just about anyone there.

Great place to work Learned alot about import and export at this company • Organize daily work schedule • Source vendors for warehouse supplies • Perform Traffic Manager functions • Inventory Control Manager functions • Supervise warehouse associates • Forecast inventory needs • Train associates on warehouse equipment and maintenance • Trade show set-up, sales, and teardown

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Great people to work with that sell great products

The people you work with truly make a difference in liking your job. I love all the quality people that work at my company and we all try to assist each other at all times, which makes for a great work environment and energy. The job itself requires you to be very detail organized, self sufficient and quick on your feet.

Educational employment and great colleagues

A typical day at work consisted of a meeting with my manager, follow by client visits and hunting new business. I learned everything from internal and external work relationships, negotiations on pricing and distribution, how distribution worked, seeing our product being manufactured and everything there was to know about how to sell that product. I learned about our target market, channels of marketing, our branding, geographic consumer behaviour and new product development.

Pros

Fantastic product, fantastic colleagues.

Cons

Everyday travel

productive workplace

I enjoyed working at OMI. I only left to finish out my schooling, and to look for a job with a higher pay. Overall, it's a very friendly, easy place to work.

great company

great people, small company feel, big company perks, helpful management, caring individuals. wonderful experience

Dead End

Company is too small. Cheap benefits and easy work. I found the job relied on the buddy system to much for advancement. Christmas bonus and dinner but just another dead end job.

Great place to work, very relaxed, and friendly co-workers and managers

My typical day at work consists of creating new part drawings, revising and updating current part drawings, creating and revising assemblies and Bill of Materials. Along with part and assembly drawings I occasionally create wiring diagrams and customer system layouts. I also have the responsibility of determining and selecting materials fabricated parts as well as selecting parts for assemblies. I also assist in the production and packaging of equipment and parts. While working at OMI I have learned a great deal about manufacturing and production. I have gained nearly two and a half years of experience in using CAD. Working and learning from a manager that is a Purdue graduate has given me a greater knowledge of engineering principles. Both managers and co-workers are very friendly as well as helpful. Everyone is very outgoing and respectful. They are also very knowledgeable about the processes of production and the goal of the company. They are very driven and determined to meet the needs of customers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with some of the industrial sales personnel. Some of them do not understand the reasoning behind creating part numbers as well as well documented part and assembly drawings. They also do not understand the time that it takes to ensure that these are correct and precise. The most enjoyable part about the job is the satisfaction of creating something new and getting to see the finished product.

Laid Back Atmosphere. Mangement iffy.

OMI Industries was a very relaxed company to work for. Management was too laid back. If you were young and pretty you were a favorite.No written procedures in place.Everyone out for themselves. No backup when you had a problem.Alot of picking, gossip, whispering.

Pros

many free lunches.

Cons

unorganized, very relaxed. too much talking

Common questions about OMI Industries

Answered by current and former employees at OMI Industries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OMI Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits