Omni Air International Employee Reviews

To many levels of management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 15, 2019
had aircraft experience but not buying for an airline. Had buyer experience previously so i was taught how to purchase for them. Challenging work. monthly lunches.
Omni Air International
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2019
Omni is a great job for those that love to travel and want to see the world.
It is a job that I would recommend to do for only 1-3 years just for the benefit to travel all over.
The job envolves long hours, sometimes 24 hour days and then short rests in between. Also, the job can keep a person on the road for up to 21 days at a time.
Best for someone single with no obligations at home.
Omni - you DON’T want to work here
Pilot (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 30, 2019
Poorly Managed, focused on pure owner and board of director profits that are not shared with employees. Not secure in the current job climate. Often decisions are knee-jerk and incorrectly planned regarding staffing, scheduling etc
Great place to work if you love to travel. Wonderful international experience.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2019
The turnover is high. You need to be punctual, flexible and reliable. Always remember why you are there and know your responsibilities. Management could be more employee friendly. Great for individuals without dependent children. You will be away from home usually 21-28 days away from home each month.
Two year turn over company
Management (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAAugust 8, 2019
Omni Air has a very high turn over rate. Prior to accepting a job I was warned that the average time someone works for Omni is 2 years. There are a lot of issues with management, trust and professionalism. In the 2 years I worked for Omni, not once did the Director of Maintenance stop by my station to see how things were going. Chain of command was constantly broken and I constantly felt like I had to look over my shoulder and hope I had s job, even when I wasn’t in the wrong!
Disorganized
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 4, 2019
Company talks out of both sides of their mouth. Maintenance Decisions are made in Tulsa rather then by the mechanics working the jet. Company wide problem.
Fast Paced, Great Employees
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 11, 2019
Never a dull moment. Always something to do. Co-workers were great. Not much room for advancement. Pay was average. Great place to get aviation experience.
Stressful
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 11, 2019
Omni is very stressful company to work for. They dont treat employees nicely at all! They laid a bunch of us off and the next day after laying us off they bought a new aircraft!!!!!!!
Pros
Free Food and travel
Poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 4, 2019
Stressful days.
Learned Aircraft dispatching.
Did not enjoy last 5-7 years, management style changed.
Management was money driven, and marginal on safety.
Management is terrible .
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAFebruary 27, 2019
Management doesn't let you do the troubleshooting, they do all troublshooting from the office and they tell you what they would you to replace. Trust the individuals you hire.
excellent world traveling job
Flight Attendant (purser) (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Although I have my own personal opinions in regards to management and compensation, I will say that OAI allows you to see the world very quickly. It is a great starting airline for any flight attendant who wants to make it a career. There is high turn over. See the world and then move on and get more time at home with another airline. This airline will burn you out quickly from being away from home for 21 plus days at a time.
Flight Attendants are not just serving drinks in the sky.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 5, 2019
Safety of passengers is the most important job of a flight attendant. Customer service is important but always comes second to safety. It is critical to always be aware of your surroundings.
Dream Job
International Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 21, 2019
This was the absolute best job in the entire world! The oppurtunities to travel globally are unmatched! The fast paced life & experiences are life changing. The time away from home can be extensive, but the rewards for travelling are abundant!
Pros
experience the diverse cultures around the world
Cons
extensive time away from home
Terrible place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 18, 2019
Upper Management is a joke, you are okay as long as you do not question there click or micro management style. You can be relieved of your job after never been wrote up in 4 years time because you question them about issues that you have been telling them about for a very long time. Then when they come and relieve you of your position the gutless manager they send in to do the task can't even look you in the eye cause he knows he is wrong. They have other companies come in to your station and do modifications on your aircraft and cannot even sign off the paperwork and want you to sign off the work and RII it, but they are okay with this. Also want you to change parts for company convience and there is not an issue. The pilots and the roadies never do know wrong and they never are held accountable. Then when they let you go are not even man enough to tell you the truth. Very bad company to work for, use you and set you free as long as you are a yes man you will be fine.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay, bad upper management
lots of pressure , seen the world
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 16, 2019
it worked for me at the time. A good job for a young person without family.

Fly approx 80 a month.
Low per diem.
low pay vs airlines pay
4 star hotels.
Pros
seen world
Cons
20 days away from home every month for 12 years
Upper management micro mange without knowledge
Aircraft Mechanic/Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 14, 2019
Constantly miserable- always feeling like going to get let go and never sure what excuse they will use for it. If you are a hard worker they will pile more on you, if you sluff off you can skate by. Rules change faster than days go by.
Pros
Train and move on
Cons
Director and above personnel
Ok place to start out.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 1, 2018
I am a former employee and from what I can tell is; the job is what you make it. One thing about the company that I liked was that it made no secret that it does not care about you. I respect open honesty however; my problem was with some of their employees. But it is just like every work place where you have some people you get along with and some you don’t.
Pros
Possibly make money in large amounts.
Cons
May fly with some folks you don’t get along with.
Great team and culture
Intern (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 7, 2018
If ever given the opportunity to work full time at this company, I would take it in a heartbeat! Very friendly but also a very hard working team. They have a sense of always staying one step ahead and always prepared to take on new challenges. It has been a great working experience.
Great Place
Teardown Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 10, 2018
Enjoyed what the company had too offer, great team atmosphere. Most managers are personable and are willing to offer answers to any questions you may have.
A chance to see the world
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 11, 2018
This company allows you to experience countries around the world that most would be nervous to set foot in. You have the opportunity to make first hand observations and learn about cultures that our social studies classes could never explain and capture the beauty of.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Away from home 20-30 days at a time