Omni Hotels Employee Reviews

Lots of shiny perks with no real compensation
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Giving free breakfast once a month does not replace the lack of internal promotion. As soon as an opening would come about they hired from the outside. My immediate manager at the front desk kicked out a member of our own department to place her boyfriend's desk that worked in security right next to her desk. They constantly threatened to fire you if you made one mistake and the young age of the managers resulted in constant personal favors and a strange work environment if you were not dating one of the managers. I left as soon as I could.
fun work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2018
enjoy meeting all sort of people from everywhere. I worked in the Gift shop so I kept very busy so the day went by Quick. The hard part of the store is having to lock the Doors, because the Locks are in the bottom of the Door. No one likes locking those Doors.
Pros
Good, Somewhat
Cons
Sometime its hard to move up.
me review
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Champions Gate, FLJanuary 15, 2018
I only worked here for a few months. But this was one of my favorite places to work at. The pay is alright. and the hour were decent. relaxing place to work
Productive but tedious
Front Office Supervisor/Rooms Controller (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2018
Of course you want to know how to perform each task the way they ask you to but it was the long way of doing things and one mistake you will be ridiculed.
Pros
Meet people from all cultures and background, good to have on your resume as an mid-luxury scale hotel
Cons
Individualism, self-centered people, favoritism
5 Diamond resturant
Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Serving dinner guest. Cleaning and side work.I learned about upscale dinning, international food and wine. I loved interacting with the guest and meeting new people some of them famous.
Pros
Free meal in employee lounge, discounts on food and rooms
Cons
ineffective management. Lack of communication, training and follow through
The BEST hotel to work for. .. maybe in the world!
Banquet houseperson (Current Employee) –  Battery AtlantaJanuary 15, 2018
This is my ninth property in fifteen years in the hotel industry. And it is a great place to work!!! Fantastic management, superb G.M., no stress, good food in employees cafeteria, good - very good!- hourly wages, plenty of hours. My favorite property EVER!!! Great place to work.
Pros
everything
Cons
None. Absolutely none. Everybody LOVES it!
Hard work in the summer heat breeds a man stronger than ever.
Beach Attendant (Former Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLJanuary 11, 2018
The summer heat was some days almost unbearable but the Beach Crew would push through it and set up chairs, umbrellas, and cabanas for the guest of the hotels. The managers were not hesitant to come out and help when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was being on the beach all day. When I was there the heat and physical labor were excruciating, but looking back i would not trade it for the world.
Information Technology Department - Telecom
Telecom Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Typical workday consist of opening tickets for the Hotels with phone or internet issues.Adding, deleting and Moving users in Shoretel phone system for the corporate office. Maintaining the Telecom invoices for the properties and corporate office. Researching items in the discrepancy queue/

Hard parts of the job was to stay on top of all telecom issues for all hotels, and creating a detailed work review daily detailing every task and the exact amount of time it takes to complete this task.
Pros
Great IT Associates
Cons
Management change
Lots of great people
General Cook (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2018
There is always something to do at the Omni, When I get to work, I know what I have to do, and what is expected of me. I wouls like to see better communication between department in order to service our guests better.
Pros
overtime, benefits, schedule flexability
Cons
Lack of communication
SALES SYSTEMS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Great work environment, old, stiff, leadership with an extreme lack of diversity in executive and management positions. Unwilling to adapt to the diversity and cultural expansion in the hospitality industry.
To uptight
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 6, 2018
They asked so much of you to do but was very inconsiderate of co workers needs. Always was rude or in a bad mood. Had alot of rooms and had to be rushed to clean them
Pros
Good food
nice place to work
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2018
great place to work, very relaxing and harmonious, great staff and management, great clients beautiful location with great neighbors good salaries and accessible
Pros
cafeteria
Omni
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 4, 2018
I have increased my multi-tasking skills as well as my knowledge of local beers and wines. The hardest part of this job is the lack of management. This job is very competitive.
omni
Guest relations (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 3, 2018
Good benefits and professional company. Some jobs are easy to advance in while others are not but overall it is a good company to work for but they don't always listen to employees thoughts.
Pros
free lunches and discounts
Cons
work hours are erratic and sometimes long.
Director of Front Office Operations
DIRECTOR OF FRONT OFFICE OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 2, 2018
Encouraging associate engagements begins from the moment I walk through the doors. I typically arrive to work prior to several executive level management arrives in order to ensure the operations are informed and ready to showcase for the day. Greeting and interacting with overnight associates as they recap their shifts and turnover and provide me with any needed pass along information for success. Reviewing security reports, customer concerns and financial records of the previous day as I prepare my strategy for the day. Reviewing occupancy status, the daily rate and staffing levels are the next steps to ensure the hotel is ready. In my role I would attend all pre-shift meetings for front of house teams which makes sure department heads are passing along pertinent information and training staff is ongoing. During a typical day, customer interactions are always top priority on the floor, room and lobby inspections are consistently done, accountability and training ongoing for staff members. Reviewing upcoming business, revenue potential, staffing guides and payroll to remain ahead of budget. I always ensured I found time to meet with the General Manager to learn and be provided feedback and action items I would handle efficiently. Hospitality is an enjoyable but challenging career path that allows me to be myself while also mentoring others, demonstrating my financial and customer service knowledge and stay on top of managing my time in order to create action plans that tackle areas of opportunity.
Pros
Family culture
Non management and low level management staff are the only good or productive staff
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Omni riverfront new orleansJanuary 1, 2018
Just left this job. Top f and b management seem to have better things to do than managing the department. Hourly staff and low level supervisors do all or most of the work and are actually a good staff but have poor leadership at the top. There is no communication from upper management regarding anything until the day of for almost everything. Corporate controls the menus for the most part limiting your ability to create actual good menus and the chef refuses to do specials or allow anyone else to either.
Pros
Small department, free meals, decent benefits
Cons
No communication, no drive or possitive energy from upper management.
netural
PROFESSIONAL HOSPITALITY AGENT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2017
. over all a good place to work for just not good pay Have nothing else to say about this place. Again over all a good place to work for and would work here again
Prep Cook (Preparation Cook) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 23, 2017
I haven't worked here in many years. But I remember that it was fun and a great learning experience. I went there while I was in school and the Exec. Chef taught me many things in the food industry.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Long time on the feet.
It was productive and friendly work place for me
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 20, 2017
I have learned a lot on mixing drinks and as well with banquet serving and how to guide patrons. And how to arrange the banquet table as well be good at hospitality.
fun place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJDecember 16, 2017
Every day was different,repairing of electrical,plumbing repairs of faucets--toilets--urinals,heating and cooling,doors repairing,overhead doors repairing,conveyors repairs,,,,, and more,,,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.