Omni Hotels Employee Reviews

Found 1,078 reviews matching the search See all 1,092 reviews
Long days
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLJanuary 20, 2019
The days were long. 12 hour days if not more, a bit underpaid for the location. I learned a lot from the head chef though and it brought out my artistic side.
management by objectives
vp director of operations (Former Employee) –  Hampton, NHJanuary 20, 2019
Creative job environment.. strong marketing orientation in the corporate planning process.
Diverse company orientation .. in all areas of revenue development
strong company philosophy .. catering to Customers , owners and employees
Review
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 18, 2019
I was given goals to target, I performed all duties to exceed those goals and won trips to incentive destinations. Goals were given based on previous years sales.
Good
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2019
Good place to work, something new. A hotel job was something new, plenty of room for advancement in the company. Overall, great experience, and the surrounding workers are around your age.
Fun workplace, free tickets to sport events
Accounting Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2019
Teamwork environment. I have learned to work with diversity, different cultures and personalities. The hardest part is to get to know the two towers, you can get lost as it's a big building. I enjoyed learning something new everyday, the company strongly support cross training,
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Difficulty finding a parking spot
Decent Money. Horrible management team
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 17, 2019
Managers are lazy and play favorites. Directors are even worse. If you are not a favorite, do not expect to be promoted or recognized for anything you do. If you are a favorite, you could get away with sayyyy drinking on the job.
The money is decent. My advice, get paid and get out! Work there to get experience and get out!
Pros
Free lunch, nice location.
Cons
Management sucks, people call out constantly, long shifts.
Great place
Nature Aide (Current Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLJanuary 16, 2019
All of my supervisors and managers are amazing haven't run into a bad one! Recreation is a great fast paced area to move around in. The property is beautiful and the guests are incredible.
Pros
2.00 lunches from cafe, great Management, great company, training
Cons
Healthcare expensive, low pay
Was fun but inconsistent workplace
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2019
Management was a mess and hiring of good employees was hard because 5hey liked to hire a lot temps from outside sources .shortly after I was hired the executive chef was fired and a power struggle ensued and As much I worked and made the restaurant I was running better the chefs above were always infighting and jockeying for each others jobs .
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Horrible management
If you like working hotels jobs
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 10, 2019
Have nice working the omni hotel is the where you can see all celebrity and can get your time and a hard day of work. Love all staff very friendly and love the guest are real respectful
Pros
Meals
Cons
Nun
Food & Beverage (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Omni is a great place to work and develop your career with multiple opportunities to advance. Omni has multiple location's throughout the United States and Canada.
Great Company but aweful working hours
Ideal Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 7, 2019
Let me first say Omni Hotels is a very good company that offers a great service. However, from a former employee stand point, I'd never work there willingly again. The hours were horrible and very hard to change. You never knew what your schedule would look like until about a week before and your days off were never consistent. If you were new, you got all the late shifts because the more "senior" employees got preference. Even after I'd been there a while, I still couldn't seem to get the better hours.
Happy moments
Intern (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 7, 2019
I am truly blessed to be part of Omni family. They taught me a lot of things that you will not be able to learn from school, you have to experience it first hand be it in the kitchen or in life. New techniques in cooking, simple plating, new dishes, knife techniques and to work under pressure. Working in Banquets will never be easy but it will mold you to be better in the kitchen. Most enjoyable part was working with the people you know you can count on.
Pros
Cons
Rotations
Life in Opening a New Hotel
Position Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 3, 2019
This was a brand new hotel opening. There was a lot of overtime involved with the job. I learned so much about myself and the quality of work that I am capable of to giving to a employer. I did more than what was expected of me only because I wanted to succeed above and beyond. The hardest part of this job was standing all day however I grew accustomed to it and looked forward to giving great customer service to the hotel guests.
Pros
Interacting with hotel guests and being able to give them the customer service they needed.
Cons
Advancing to a manager was next to impossible.
beautiful place to work
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bedford, PAJanuary 2, 2019
My typical day at work consisted of managing a kitchen without having the title or support i needed to do so. The management was clearly focused on profit and not functioning as a management for the employees but rather to achieve profit only by controlling costs.
benefits
Cons
terrible work life balance
Company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 31, 2018
Omni Hotel was a great company to work for. They take care of their employees well, make sure you are achieving your best, communicate well, and have such great management. I was very blessed to have been able to work there.
Pros
Benefits, plenty of hours
Cons
no cons
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, VADecember 28, 2018
A good place to work with friendly and helpful staff. The typical day is spent helping guests find their way around, cleaning guest areas and restocking towels and robes.
Pros
low cost lunches
Cons
Slow during off season
Houston River Way
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2018
I was called on the phone to set up an in person interview time for the Houston, TX, River way location.

I showed up early and while driving in the worker angrily motioned me to stop. You see, they were rebuilding after the disaster and it turned out the area was a full construction zone. The hotel was nowhere near being done and they were supposed to be opening in a few weeks.

Nonetheless, I was informed I would need a hard hat since it was a construction zone.

The manager met me at the entrance with a hard hat and we went to, get this, a guest room upstairs to interview.

Then, a second man came in the guest room and did not announce himself. He sat down and listened as the first man interviewed me. I wondered the motives.

When the second man was in the room the first man's demeanor changed markedly. The first man ended up leaving out the room and I interviewed with the second man. The second man was talking down about the long time staff and hinting at revamping and replacing long time staff with new workers.

Finally, the interviews concluded. I was not called or emailed to offer or reject me. In fact I called the first man, who is the new front office director from out of town, and he never returned my call.

So, I decided I would not want to work for a company like that.

Omni, do not allow two men to interview a young woman in a guest room alone.
exciting
Stewarding Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 27, 2018
Everyday at the Omni brought me something different and exciting each and everyday. I have fun making things happen.My team members make my job a lot easy. They know what is expected and they go to it. If there are any questions they find me. Everyone knows where they will be working on that day.
Pros
free lunches, room rates
Cons
room rates could be cheaper
poor management
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 26, 2018
A place I would not recommend to a friend,but if you need a job you can work there.Management can improve alot,surrounding can be better.Needed to increase pay rate
Career advancement
Loyalty Ambassador (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 22, 2018
OMni culture is great. They have room for advancement. Omni has been life changing in many ways they encourage you to be and do your best. They also hire some of the most hardworking associates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight