Omni Hotels Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great work place one of the best places I've worked
Class 1 Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2018
Great company to work for. Great opportunity for growth. The values of the company are the best I've seen. Been with omni for more than six years, and to be honest its not one day I regret coming to work. I started off in the housekeeping department, but seeing others grow and get promotions motivated me to go back to school. I was promoted three times, and now am the lead engineer.
Ideal place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Bretton Woods, New HamsphirwMay 21, 2018
The work environment is friendly, its great when it come to personal development. There are Cultural activities that employees participate in at intervals
Pros
$3 per meal
Cons
Some person have short breaks
fun place loved working there and loved my co-workers
Bartender / Bar-back (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
would go in set up the bar for the day cut fruits stock up have everything ready for my shift and the night shift. learned how to barbac, bartend, be a server, buss tables, hardest thing would be the hours because we would have crazy hours we could be there all day. the best thing about working there would be just knowing you're working at the omni and at the number one sports bar in dallas.
Pros
free lunches, fun co-workers
Cons
short breaks, or no breaks, long crazy hours
Need more cleaning materials
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 18, 2018
I enjoyed working for the Omni hotel . I’m a people person. I enjoyed working with my co workers enjoying cleaning my station everyday that I was scheduled to work. Enjoyed greeting and meeting my guest sometimes I had guest that remembered me and would always come back and ask for me and that floor. That meant a lot to me.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Short breaks
They're nonchalent
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 16, 2018
They don't care about you, your health, your outside life, ANYTHING. All they care about is if you're able to work when they want you to. If not, they're giving you the BOOT. My supervisors were very careless and passive aggresive, they were shallow, acted as little kids and they were very biased. HR was very sarcastic, very rude and they are not at ALL friendly. My overall experience here was not well, I would not reccommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Discounts, holiday pay
Cons
You have to pay for lunch, PTO after 2 yrs
Culture you can believe in
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
Omni is a fantastic company, and they do a lot of things very correct. Some of their leaders however are put in a position to make decisions that are contradictory to the culture.
Fun place to work.
In Room Dining Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 14, 2018
Worked the superbowl in 2011. In charge of making the packers comfortable and assisting to their familys and friends. in charge of security. Involved in the superbowl after party; ensuring performer was comfortable and party was set up and ran smoothly.
Fun place to work.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 14, 2018
Great place to work. Omni Hotel looks out for its employee's. Always asking for feedback to make the brand better. Management is Friendly and easy to get along with.
Pros
Good atmosphere.
Cons
Parking
N/a
Night Auditor/Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 12, 2018
is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxury and full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and focused-service hotels. For 95 years, Hilton has been dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing ... Read more
Mission: To be the most hospitable company in the world – by creating heartfelt experiences for Guests, meaningful opportunities for Team Members, high value for Owners and a positive impact in our Communities.
Great culture and very successful business!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 8, 2018
Very supportive culture, team oriented, great opportunities for advancement. Competitive salaries and benefits; small company size makes for better personalized connections throughout the organization! Company is competitive and financially successful!
Pros
Team environment, supportive culture, good benefits
Cons
None!
Lives by it's culture
HR Recruiting Manager/Generalist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 7, 2018
Management is diverse and very supportive, We really work together like a family, Wonderful company to work for, Communication company wide is strong with phone conferences and webinars, My managers/Director is very supportive and shares her extensive knowledge with us.
Pros
Lunches for .50, weekly pay, discounts at luxury hotels
Busy summers
Server (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCMay 2, 2018
Day starts very early and goes by pretty fast. Good management team that are there to look after their employees. The enjoyable part of the day is to see guests satisfied in their vacation stay at the OMNI.
Pros
30min lunch break
Cons
very slow during winter
Productve and upscale
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 30, 2018
Great customer service, high volume of guests for conventions, special events around Los Angeles, great team work, guests variety, excellent accommodations for tour groups
Pros
lunch breaks, health benefits, 401k, paid vacations, sick pays
Cons
overnight hours
Omni Hotel Summary
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Davenport, FLApril 29, 2018
I have worked with Omni Orlando Resort for over 2 years in 2 different departments; Banquet setup and front desk agent. A typical day at work was always busy. It was hardly ever slow in either department. I have learned how to interact with guest both in person and throughout their stay. I love the management from both departments, they were very understanding of the situation I was going through along with scheduling. The workplace culture is why I stayed for so long. All the departments acted as one big family. The hardest part of the job was making use of what we got. Some days we were low on resources, so I had to improvise a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job was succeeding on guest satisfaction. Overall, I would really like to stay, but the position hasn't opened up as of yet.
Sales Manager
Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2018
Would sell to the local corporate market. Prospected everyday and had site visits, along with out of office client lunches/dinners. Management not well. Do not have a balance of work life. Hired anyone and HR did not listen to any feedback.
Great Management Training
Assistant Outlets Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2018
Lots of meetings that helped me see how each department feeds off each other. Learned a lot about Profit & Loss, Inventory management, employee relations.
Pros
Great upper management training.
Cons
Not enough pay for the amount of work required from you
Productive and fast paced environment
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2018
Most days are fast paced and full of work. Management overall is good. I love the environment and all of the different cultures at Omni. The pay is higher than other hotels and worth the money. The hours sometimes get hectic but overall this is a good place to work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks, pay for parking
Not worth the money
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
Over worked
Rude superviser
Manager was nice
Ladies always spoke Spanish snd started at me so it made me feel uncomfortable. Under paid for all of the hard work
Pros
It was a job
Accounts payable
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 23, 2018
I started the job with no experience and stayed with for over 2 years. I really like the job and the people, but it was very stressful and busy. Did not receive much time off.
Pros
Get to meet a lot of people
Cons
Very fast pace.
Omni
Food and Beverage Leader in Development (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 22, 2018
The overall company was wonderful to work for. I worked about 50 plus hour each week due to business level. They had different training programs their associates could do to help grow their career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight