Omni Hotels Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

Found 50 reviews matching the search See all 1,229 reviews
Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Night Shift Loss Prevention Associate/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2019
Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa has gone through a lot of change both on the management side and the property side. It is great to watch the property grow with new people and a new building. I am looking forward to how this year goes.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 17, 2019
I would not have left the company if I had not become seriously ill. Very friendly and courteous co-workers. Good working environment and benefits package.
Cons
Sometimes management's responsiblities are not aligned with their experience and aptitude.
Supervisor
Supervisor mantenimiento y limpieza (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2019
Excelente lugar para trabajar, buen trato y oportunidad de crecer.
It can be a positive experience as well as a learning experience.
server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 12, 2018
The Omni Hotel was a decent place to work. You can have the opportunity to advance when worked for. Their is different cultures you will encounter. I was able to learn different aspects of the Food and Beverage industry.
Pros
Benefits and advancement
Cons
Takes a while to advance and have to contend with servers that have longevity.
Great starting job
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 8, 2018
I worked at the front desk at OBC and was introduced to the hotel world this way. I learned a lot from the leadership team and was able to expand my skills here. It was a great gateway job into hotel sales.
fun, competitive, and stressful during function,holidays and good working environment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2018
good environment, had fun, many learnings and skills acquire. Chefs in my station is fun and helpful to work with. So many techniques in kitchen with award winning Chefs.
The Staff is wonderful to work with & for.
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 14, 2018
Management cares about you. Change is about to happen for the good. Renovation for the Omni Barton Creek Resort Spa is in progress and the evolution will be done around May 2019. Such a beautiful property to work at. I always say its a hidden jewel.
Pros
Hill Country Area, Great Management Team, Fun Staff, Free Parking, believe in hiring from within
Cons
Pay for lunch, Different departments can be low on staff which can cause you to work long hours
High Intensity Workplace with Poor Management
Front Desk Agent & PBX (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 21, 2018
Management was lacking in support and communication between all departments. General lack of guest care. Coworkers were the only positive outcome from my experience here.
Extremely busy, must be self-focused, friendly environment
Reservation & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Typical day - Log on to the computer to the Resort System of Reservations, Golf courses, & spa up & running.
Review Emails
Review To Do list for the week/day.
Daily morning meeting at 9am

The hardest part of the day is maintaining the phone lines, which could be classified as a call-center, while booking multipie tasks at once, including group overnight room reservations, group golf reservations & group spa reservations

The most enjoyable part of the day:
Making clients feel good, welcomed, assured and understood.
Pros
Working with & in one of the most beautiful resorts in the World!
Cons
Short breaks and constantly manning the phone
Fun workplace
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 29, 2018
Omni is an overall great company to work for. The culture is amazing and they have so many hidden benefits and awards. From day one everyone was so friendly and treated me like family, and I’m very sad to be leaving.
Pros
Cons
Old fashioned brand
Great Company to work for
OUTLETS DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 24, 2018
The Omni brand is very strong and dedicated to guest service and taking care of their employees. Although the hotels in Austin are dated, the locations and guest satisfaction make up for it.
Membership Outside Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2018
The Omni culture seems to work well together for the most part. We have daily meetings within the clubhouse and property to make sure the associates are aware of what is going on for the day.
Chef
Banquet Chef - Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 24, 2018
A skilled Culinary Professional, recognized for a comprehensive knowledge of innovative approach to setting the stage for a customized dining experience. Over 22 years of progressive experience managing hotels and country clubs refining the art of cooking; developing impressive menus; and preparing culinary dishes influenced by culturally diverse regions around the globe. Particularly adept in the ability to cultivate partnerships with service providers in obtaining the freshest and highest quality ingredients; and committed to leaving patrons with an especially memorable dining experience
Great company
Houseperson/Turn Down Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 12, 2018
I loved working at the Omni but a little less at night. the Hotel is HUGE and a little old but I loved working with everyone especially the supervisors.
Fun Coworkers!
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 21, 2018
Employees go above and beyond for one another. The majority of the time I worked there the food and beverage director who was there didn't make the employees life easy but things changed after he left for the better. I was lucky enough to have worked with awesome managers for the most part. Some more strict than others. I wouldn't say the pay is the best. I believe everyone who works at this location is underpaid and overworked. I had enough energy as a young individual but I saw how the servers, cooks, dishwashers, housekeepers, and the below staff weren't fully happy.
Good starting out job
Assistant Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 26, 2018
this position is really good for someone just starting out in the culinary industry. You get your basics of kitchen culture, time management, and skill levels. Typically, after a year or two most employees search for a higher position elsewhere. My manager specifically was incredible, but his higher ups were awful people. The kitchen here is a madhouse, run buy toddlers
Good Business Enviroment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2018
The culture and people of Omni Hotels and Resorts is customer oriented and made sure the employees were comfortable with their training and making every individual interpersonal skills.
Management is TERRIBLE
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 8, 2018
I have never felt more discouraged and beat down at a work place EVER. The management staff simply does not care about your wellbeing or your career. They only care about how many vacations they are taking each month and screwing you over in the process. Any time questions were being asked in order to improve yourself at your job management just blows up on your or walks away and says "we can talk about this later". A typical day is coming in, not even 5 minutes into your shift your co management will tell yell at you for something that wasn't even your fault, actually theirs, and if it was your fault there wasn't any learning objectives from it only demeaning comments. Don't get me wrong, I learned how to manage staff productively, however, I had to learn on my own. There was no guidance or help on my co managements end. The hardest part of the job was just showing up and wanting to be there. The most enjoyable definitely was the associates. Other than that, there is no way I would ever recommend this place to anyone. I hate they change what they are doing or else they are going to lose people quick. The OMNI "trilogy" is really only looking out for the owner and guests. Who cares about the associates, right?
Pros
Associates were great
Cons
Food on breaks (inedible), management, lack of care for coworkers
poor management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 26, 2018
a typical work day started at 7 am and was done at 3:30
i learned how to peep food for banquets and produce food at high volumes. management was bad. the hardest part of the job is there was no direction from management. the most enjoyable part was my executive chef
A good job overall in mostly any department you chose to work in.
Cocktail Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Because it is a hotel there is a higher standard which makes it both difficult and enjoyable to work at. It can tend to be higher class which can bring in customer service that is harder to deal with but the people you tend to work with are great.
Pros
A mix of people
Cons
High Expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss