Omni Hotels Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

Found 130 reviews matching the search See all 1,290 reviews
Easy, Fun and Fair
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2019
Omni is a great place to work. The pay is good, they work with your schedule for the most part. Advancement and transfers are easy after completing 90 days of work. Management is pretty fair at the higher levels.. May not seem like it at the lower levels, but there's only so much they have control over. All associates are friendly and ready to help. You will always meet new people..
Director of House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2019
If you are looking to grow this is the perfect hotel to work at Omni culture is to train and move associates to an Omni that fits there training or position.
Pros
easy access to train, walking distance to conference center.
Cons
Do not really have cons.
Hard Work
Rooms Leader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2019
Omni does a great job with training. Employees tend to bond and help one another out to best serve the customers. Hours are LONG. Work/life balance is difficult unless you are used to the hospitality industry.
Great company to work for.
Server (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2019
Great company to work for. Great staff and benefits. Provided many opportunities for advancement throughout the company. Great place to learn and advance your skill set.
family oriented business with great discounts
Pastry Cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2019
this is a great place to work except during the slow season. then you have to pray that you have PTO or you will struggle a little bit with the amount of bring home.
Awesome Place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2019
Omni Hotels has great compensation for the work you do, great health insurance benefits, diverse culture, respectful management & administrators, promotions that actually happen, overall great place not only to work but make a career out of.
Great place to work.
Supervisor Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2019
Work from home opportunities for Reservation Sales are offered (depending on the location). Benefits are okay but could be better. A typical day at work involves booking reservations for the hotel chain. Training prepares you for the role and the tools you need a provided.
Ok
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2019
A typical day is starting your prep work when you go in
I learned how to speak restaurant language
Management needs work
Most enjoyable part was going home after knowing you made guests happy
Pros
Dollar luches
Cons
You dont get breaks all day if youve been busy, not great management
Some departments you cant agrue with it was ok but in housekeeping its ok but sometimes gets unorganized and they pick their favorites
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 9, 2019
I cant speak for all departments but housekeeping was my area trust me I love that job but the management in housekeeping was a picky person she chose to deal with some things pr not to deal with them but overall they did wat they had to do then again if you are missing things on your cart it will get replaced but if your cart is missing it will slow your day down also if you have tips either houseman or supervisor will take but some will not
Pros
$1 lunches, tips
Cons
No breaks but 1 at lunch time which is a 30 min but tgis is only for housekeeping
Great place to work!
Overnight Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2019
Most managers go thru internal training program to learn all aspects of hotel which creates great managers with on the job experience! Communication is great due to daily meetings.
Fun place to work
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 30, 2019
A day in the work day talking to guest. Have a lot of rules. Overall nice place to work. Would recommend this job to someone else. I think they were fair in their raise process
Pros
Flexible on schedule
Cons
Short break
Omni's Candid Review
Dallas - Hostess Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2019
As a former worker of the Omni Hotel, I truthfully agree that the workers are easy to cope with, but because of the area the Omni is located, the guests are stressful to deal with and therefore make your job difficult. The managers respect your hours if you tell them on time only, nonetheless, there might be glitches.
enjoyed working
Prep Cook, Line Cook, Buffet Chef (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2019
it was a great place to work. I enjoyed cooking at the Texas Spice. I was the PM Buffet Chef. Cooking with fresh herbs and spices. The ability to use my own creations and culinary skills on the buffet through my presentation.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
breaks, lunch breaks
Very productive and fun place to work
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2019
Very good place to start as an internahip. You learn so much on how cook and prepare different meals.
Also teaches you how to be organized. You meet a lot of different people. Diversity is their number thing there. Which is a plus because you learn different culture of food from others. The downside is you have no time for your family or life. I worked different shifts everyday. Worked 50 to 70 hours a week. And the pay was not worth it.
Pros
Very good place to learn how to cook for interns
Cons
Not have time for family worked too much. Pay is not great
Learned so much to move me forward.
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2019
No hard feelings. We learn and move forward. Grateful for the opportunity to work there. I had a few great Chefs to teach me and lead me. So I will always hang my hat on that and my skill set.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Bad management
Working in Administration
Account Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2019
A typical day at work for Omni in the department that I work in was very stressful. Training is horrible or shall I say like of training !!!! Management does not care one way of the other whether you advance or not. (I can speak only for the department that I was in) . Management definitely shows favoritism . I would not recommend working for the Omni Dallas Hotel at all !!! Believe me I am not an angry ex-employee at all. I am just stating the facts. I truly wish someone had of told me before I started working there.
Pros
You can eat in the cafetria for only $1 daily. Hotel charge for employee is great .
Cons
pay is horrible
Great Place to work
Overnight Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2019
Great place to work and develop as an employee Great environment with other employees and awesome benefits Recommended for anyone who would love to develop in Hospitality
Staff are friendly
Barista (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2019
work seemed to be more fun with the right people around
supervisors are pretty helpful in helping plan your schedule around school.

discounts were good for food
Not much room for growth
PBX operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2019
This was my first job, and it had a lot of perks, however there was not a lot of room for growth. Management did not want to answer calls when people demanded their attention. Other than that it was great.
Pros
Free lunch, brand, employee discounts
Cons
Short breaks, management, no room for growth
It use to be fun but now its not at all
Lead Steward of Texas Spice (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2019
Well when i first started there it cool and relaxed yoh coud have and eat what ever you wanted but nkw you basically have to beg and im not gonna beg for nothing the pay sucks also
Pros
Some associates are cool
Cons
Pay is not good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight