Omni Hotels Employee Reviews in Fort Worth, TX

Found 55 reviews matching the search See all 1,219 reviews
Run by corporate vampires. Will be happy to see the company's demise!
Banquet Chef (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 21, 2019
The company slogan should be "profit over people"! I onboarded this company as manager and was thoroughly disappointed by how little exposure management and Human Resources had to the front lines of the operation. I had zero confidence in my management team to make informed decisions regarding the business. The Human Resources department displayed gross incompetence in regards to labor laws.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, poor benefits, poor company culture
Loved this place
In-Room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 3, 2019
I was a barista at the Starbucks in the hotel then moved to an in room dining server and I loved them both. The hotel had an amazing management team with lots of room to grow within the company.
The Omni isn't a place for everyone.
Senior Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 13, 2019
While working for the Omni Hotel of Fort Worth, I learned that the amount you are paid does not fairly compensate for the amount of work, psychological strain, and time you spend there every day. in this particular position, front desk agents typically don't last due to the fact that the $11/hr does not equate well in terms of the amount of effort you put in for it. In all, the company is phenomenal, the guests are always pleasant, and you learn to love the people you work with. That being said, I would think long and hard once more before committing to work for this company.
Pros
Lunch is provided ($1 fee taken out of your pay each day)
Cons
Parking costs, internal promotion is difficult, lack of management skills
Life in Opening a New Hotel
Position Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 3, 2019
This was a brand new hotel opening. There was a lot of overtime involved with the job. I learned so much about myself and the quality of work that I am capable of to giving to a employer. I did more than what was expected of me only because I wanted to succeed above and beyond. The hardest part of this job was standing all day however I grew accustomed to it and looked forward to giving great customer service to the hotel guests.
Pros
Interacting with hotel guests and being able to give them the customer service they needed.
Cons
Advancing to a manager was next to impossible.
Different aspects in different fields
Bartender/Bar-back/Purch (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 13, 2018
This banquet hotel hosted NFL teams to famous actors. Here, I worked my way up from being a barback to a bartender, and also worked in the purchasing and receiving department taking care of all beverage coming into the hotel.
N/a
Whiskey and Rye Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 20, 2018
Great place to work staff was great, guest were wonderful, team was very hard working and loved working together with every single one of them. I very nice place.
Great hotel // management is always available and positive // Opportunity
Front Office Supervisor/Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 12, 2018
Hours are good / management always available // career opportunities in all departments / fun atmosphere / can easily transfer to different departments within the hotel
Pros
Management // employees // pay // hours // positive atmosphere//
Cons
Pay for parking if valet parking is full
Great work enviroment
Cook One/Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort worth texasAugust 30, 2018
The day to day work flow depends on the whay conventions a happening in fort worth. Its a conventional hotel not a resort. Due to this depening on which kitchen you work in banquets or restaurant your scheduke can become very daunting and will leave you drained. How ever the managment team is above and beyond talented. They make sure that they can do the most for you to allow to get your job done in a timely manner
Pros
1 a day for meals
Cons
Swing shifts
High paced high volume hotel
Banquet Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 15, 2018
It was a great environment to work in I enjoyed my time at Omni Hotels very much. I would love to eventually to return as an Omni associate. The management was great and was truly a family atmosphere.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
On the lower side for wages
turnover rate is terrible
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 26, 2018
they hire you and have you read off a script monitor your calls and rate you on the calls then if you dont get a certain percentage according to their ratings they dock your commissions.
so bad experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 15, 2018
I worked in there i had too many bad experience they are not like other company very stressful work and paid so little not enough to pay for the employees and health benefit so expensive my opinion that is not good to work
Great culture and very successful business!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 8, 2018
Very supportive culture, team oriented, great opportunities for advancement. Competitive salaries and benefits; small company size makes for better personalized connections throughout the organization! Company is competitive and financially successful!
Pros
Team environment, supportive culture, good benefits
Cons
None!
n/a
F&B Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 4, 2018
Good Work ambiance. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. but they need to improved they're management and trained their managers/leaders well.. but other than that. everything were great.
Not competitive wages. Rely to heavily on interns and entry level management
Restaurant Chef (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Could not effectively recruit skilled culinarians because the wages are not competitive. F+B relies too heavily on j-1 interns that they can pay peanuts. Constant rotation of these interns makes it impossible to build consistency as you are training new staff every 1.5 months. Exec Chef was almost never in the kitchen and relied too heavily on middle management that were already stretched too thin. Only 1 culinary manager in the kitchen (24 hour kitchen that serviced 3 outlets) per shift. Good culture, but culinary in Fort Worth has some opportunities that are holding it back
Pros
Cons
Unwilling to pay for skilled employees
Fast paced, high energy environment
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Fast paced, high energy environment. Team work is critical and communication is essential to a successful operation. Love the atmosphere! I would recommend this job!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Free Lunch
Liked it
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Downtown Fort Worth, TexasNovember 4, 2017
Good People
Always Moving
Free Coffee, Orange Juice, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinners
Good Team Work
Always changing
Good Boss
Can enjoy Down town Fort Worth
There are good guests
Pros
Good People
J1 intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 5, 2017
Good place to work, friendly enviornment and growth oppurtunity.
Everyday is different
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 24, 2017
Every day is different. Hotels are a 24 hour a day 7 day a week business. You must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays. You are not guaranteed to receive two days off together.
Pros
Lunch is $1 a day
Cons
Work nights, weekends, and holidays
Fun place but no advancement
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 7, 2017
fun place to work. really good people on the associate side of the coin. The EC group though, mangement... we call them wings. Fake smiles, they don't care about us low grade employees. We are expendable to them. But that's the business. Everything else about the job is great. Wish the pay was better but who doesn't.
Pros
Culture, employees are wonderful.
Cons
Management is a disaster
Good place to kick off a career
Asst. F&B outlets manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 3, 2017
Great place to build knowledge and skill set, but not for someone looking for a long term career specifically in food and beverage. Inconsistent upper management. Very fun work environment-due to current middle management and associates. Too many required meetings outside of regular schedule and on days off(monthly meetings on days off consistently). Too many people with their hands in running food and beverage outlets that do not have food and beverage operational experience. Great culture that encourages the associate to feel empowered to do what is best for each individual guest. Creatively stifling.
Pros
great benefits and PTO, lots of learning opportunities
Cons
inconsistency and favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss