Omni Hotels Employee Reviews for Bartender

Found 45 reviews matching the search See all 1,226 reviews
Recommend Omni Frisco
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 16, 2019
Upper management genuinely cares about their associates. They take the time to get to know everyone and make you feel like you are a big part of the Omni family.
Pros
Busy days highly compensate for the slow days
Cons
Can be long hours
Great Company, SHAMEFUL management
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2019
The company itself has several benefits and great advancement opportunities. However, if you don't get on management's "good side" - good luck advancing!

Certain departments, especially the food and beverage department, managers are overworked and downright CRUEL to employees underneath them. There is favoritism, they will speak rudely about you amongst your fellow associates, and fail to teach you/recognize your for the work you do in their department. When you interview, closely examine management and make a good decision based upon that department.

You will have great advancement or it will be a living nightmare "sorority-like" atmosphere.

Why can't people just come and do their jobs without a hierarchy anymore?
Pros
Free Food
Cons
NO breaks, favoritism, NO acknowledgement for work done, petty unorganized managers.
It gave me an opportunity to learn more in the field i was employed
Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2019
The hands on managerial experience was very minimal and i liked that it gave me more control of my own area of work. Unfortunately the area was very slow and there was not enough money to make there.
Pros
time off
Cons
low wages
Fun place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 18, 2018
It can get pretty stressful at times. We have a busy season that is none stop for a couple of months. Management is super awesome. There is room to grow but you have to be lucky to get that edge up.
Pros
Discount lunches. Lax management
Cons
Stressful at times
Different aspects in different fields
Bartender/Bar-back/Purch (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 13, 2018
This banquet hotel hosted NFL teams to famous actors. Here, I worked my way up from being a barback to a bartender, and also worked in the purchasing and receiving department taking care of all beverage coming into the hotel.
Omni Hotels and Resorts Management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 12, 2018
good place to start a career, wish pay was better, culture is good but upper management can be lacking at times with communication. Expect to work long hours , holidays and weekends.
Pros
good benefits and pto
Cons
long work hours, holidays and weekends
Great work environment
LOBBY BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 2, 2018
With the hotel being brand new, there are many tweaks to be fixed. The upper management care about their employees and try to make our jobs, satisfying customers, easier.
fun place loved working there and loved my co-workers
Bartender / Bar-back (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
would go in set up the bar for the day cut fruits stock up have everything ready for my shift and the night shift. learned how to barbac, bartend, be a server, buss tables, hardest thing would be the hours because we would have crazy hours we could be there all day. the best thing about working there would be just knowing you're working at the omni and at the number one sports bar in dallas.
Pros
free lunches, fun co-workers
Cons
short breaks, or no breaks, long crazy hours
The overall best job ever
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 2, 2018
You can start from above. General Manager, Assistant Managers, Front desk, Chef, cooks, International interns, HR, my other friends I have made there including including regular guests. Overall the best most organized place I have ever been.
Pros
Communication and value of every employee
Cons
I had move back home to start a family
Great money for a big price
Lead Bartender (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 15, 2018
I worked for the Omni for almost a decade and did great financially when it was busy. It was either so busy that it was chaotic or so slow that you could go home having only made $30. It was never consistent.Your shift is 10 to 14 hours long often times with no break or you can eat quick but pretty much by the trash. I was often scheduled 2 to 2 but after cleaning up and closing up by myself often didn't leave until 430 in the morning ( even when I was pregnant). No one would come in most days until 6 or so so you basically make no money all day and spend your time restocking a bar you already had stocked the night before bc the day staff uses everything but returns nothing. And it was never sufficiently staffed I was often left to struggle on my own with no busser no bar back and only 1 of our 3 managers was of any value to anyone on the floor taking care of anywhere between 50 to 125 people for booked events. They do not care about you at all only money money money and the have no problem reminding you that they don't care about you or your well being. The employees there were the best I absolutely loved the people I worked with and it wasn't all miserable there don't get me wrong. But if you're looking for a place to feel of value this isn't that place at all. But when it's there the clients are awesome at least mine were to me and the opportunity to make money is there at the end of the day. Human resources is a joke there too.
Pros
Fellow workers are great, and pretty good money
Cons
Awful upper management, rude food and beverage director, treats employees as dispensible trash
Great Corporate Company
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Carroll, NHJanuary 25, 2018
One of the better corporations I've worked for. Continuous support for employees and managers. Training. Excellent benefits. Room for advancement on many levels.
Pros
benefits, advancement, flexibility
Cons
long hours, few breaks
Omni
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 4, 2018
I have increased my multi-tasking skills as well as my knowledge of local beers and wines. The hardest part of this job is the lack of management. This job is very competitive.
It was productive and friendly work place for me
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 20, 2017
I have learned a lot on mixing drinks and as well with banquet serving and how to guide patrons. And how to arrange the banquet table as well be good at hospitality.
Great money, terrible management.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 6, 2017
The management was the worst I’ve ever worked for. Upper management has no problem chastising bartenders, but will take no responsibility on problems with their own infrastructure. This would be a great place to work if communication was better between front of house and back of house. Many times I worked the pool bar with no heads up for what promotions were going on for the weekend.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Terrible management, terrible hr department, terrible infrastructure.
Great Management of Co-Workers
Bartender/Mixologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 28, 2017
The Management and Co-Workers here were amazing and I never had any problems with them. Management in particular really tries to give everyone the schedule and hours that they want when possible.

For career advancement, this is a great company with properties all over the country, as well as programs to train young professionals to advance further into their career.
Not the place to be at the moment
Bartender/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 2, 2017
They are undergoing a very large remodel project that is driving away customers and staff. All of the good employees are looking for other jobs in the company or just quitting all together. after the remodel it will be a fine place to work but unfortunately that will not happen until 2019.
worst
BANQUET SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLOctober 30, 2017
Terrible. This job has terrible pay and a lack of advancement opportunities. it also has no benefits along with a terrible work environment. hours are very difficult.
Fun place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 28, 2017
Fun place to work, very good people to work with. Great customers and management team. Could have some slow day and could have an extremely busy nights.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
nothing bad to say about it
Ambiente laboral agradable
Server/ Bartender (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, VirginiaOctober 9, 2017
En The Omni Homested te dan la oportunidad de aprender sobe diferentes áreas, la paga es buena y los jefes son muy respetuosos, cuidan mucho a su personal
Amazing
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 30, 2017
This was literally the best job I ever had. I was told Omni only hires the best and I saw that to be true. Everyone was great and understanding. Management listened to us when we asked for things and benefits were superb.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss