Omni Hotels Employee Reviews for Bartender

Found 46 reviews matching the search See all 1,258 reviews
Amazing
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 30, 2017
This was literally the best job I ever had. I was told Omni only hires the best and I saw that to be true. Everyone was great and understanding. Management listened to us when we asked for things and benefits were superb.
Omni
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 30, 2017
These positions offered at the Omni gave me the opportunity to improve my bartending and social skills. It allowed me to be creative and learn new mixes/recipes. It also was beneficial in condition my fine dining and bar etiquette. As well as the proper way to present the utmost customer service.
Great environment and supportive management
Lead Bartender (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2017
I love working for the Omni. I have a good relationship with staff and management. I actually like going to work everyday, even though the job itself isn't what I want for a career.
Pros
Hotel discounts
Banquet server
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 5, 2017
Omni hotels is a great place to work. They love to keep company morale up by having pep rallys and give aways that have included trips to Omni Hotels all over the world.
Elegant hotel, manager disconnect
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Bretton Woods, NHAugust 17, 2017
The Mt. Washington hotel is an elegant, historic mountain retreat. Guests are able to choose from a variety of dining and drinking establishments, offering a range from casual to elegant. I work primarily in the more upscale fine dining side of the resort as a bartender, but also as a banquet server. Banquets are managed very poorly, with no sense of leadership guiding the team. also, the managers only care about what corporate, upper management tells them, not what servers and bartender think. When decisions are made without consulting servers and bartenders, and only concern is profit, it makes for a mediocre guest experience.
Pros
Great hourly pay
Cons
inflexible company procedures
A work space with lots of chance to higher advance yourself
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLAugust 3, 2017
Omni Hotels is a great place to work with so many great opportunities. Many of my friends have advanced their careers with Omni and the management is always willing to help with anything and are very understanding of any situation.
Good potential.
BARTENDER/TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 27, 2017
Potential to make money is there, bar and floor need to be run better in order to build local clientele. Management is frequently overwhelmed, and sometimes lacks communication with the staff.
Benefits
Cons
It was a fun place to work for and I loved everyone that I worked with and my direct management
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJune 8, 2017
I didn't really have much of a relationship with the higher ups so when my position became seasonal and our department was a little neglected it was hard to get a hold of someone when we had issues or concerns but it was overall a great experience and a great company!
Pros
Cool lunch room in summer, turkeys on thanksgiving
Cons
The f and b GM made everyone feel very expendable which made for a very stressful work environment
working at omni
Server/Bartender/Banquets/In Room Dinning (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 19, 2017
it is an amazing company to work for. They work well with your schedule, especially if you have kids or are a student. there are amazing opportunities to move up in position.
beautiful location
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 19, 2017
I previously provide guest service and bar tend in the hotel dining area.I learned how to multi task within the food and beverage by providing room service to hotel guests and servicing banquet events at the hotel.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Omni hotel is no longer in Michigan
Fun environment very professional and friendly staff , management could be worked on
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 4, 2016
I learned how to deal with difficult customers, learned how to be very patient , work environment was very fun but also chaotic at the same time , management team should be worked on , other than that I've met people from all over the world , tourists visit Omni Nashville on a daily basis , improved my communication skills drastically
Pros
Health insurance 401k
Cons
Hourly pay, management staff
A good place to meet people from across the world
Bartender @ J-bar (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2016
I started as a bus boy then moved my way up the ladder to bartender. I learned the value teamwork and professionalism. Management is relatable and also very understanding.
Pros
Free Lunches and Dinner
Cons
Out of Date Technology
Omni Parkwest
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Omni Dallas ParkwestJune 17, 2016
I love OMNI Parkwest ,I loved The people I work with the people thats been working there for a long time who's very dedicated to their job and loved being there, last year we got the Best GM I have work with in my whole entire hotel industry for 10 years so genuinely cares about what's goin on and I don't feel like I am just not another employee how amazing is that. So far I have the best management in Food and Beverage and the people from each outlet to night audit we are Sassy but A Golden team. ..
Pros
Good People
Cons
Nothing is getting Fixed need a Little renovation
Same
Banquet Bartender (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Same company as the omni hotel, the company had two properties and we would work in both hotels that how busy we got at time which was good
Enjoy my job and meeting new people
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoy my job and meeting new people all the differnet fuctions that we have from weddings to all different types of conventions get to meet people from different states and sometimes countries its never the same party twice
Best job I've ever had with great benefits and company
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLSeptember 16, 2015
I worked at an aviation themed sports lounge and our specialty was hamburgers and Bloody Mary's. We were very community oriented with great benefits from the company. Variety of patrons from all around the world in beautiful swamp areas of North Florida. Made great connections and great friends with all colleagues within different departments.
Pros
Great benefits and job security
Cons
Long commute
Lots of Hours
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLAugust 23, 2015
This was a seasonal position. Most of my co-workers at this job were college age or younger, just there to make money for the summer. Not a very serious work atmosphere.
Save yourself the trouble...DON'T DO IT!!!!
Professional Bartender (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2014
Probably the worse corporate bar experience in my entire professional career. The hours are too long, the pay is split regardless as to who worked harder for gratuities, there is inconsistent management, the general manager is completely not helpful, and they have no value for the people that work hard for them day end and day out. Management carries on as if they employ children and not adults! If you're lucky, you can get on with banquets and avoid the hassle, but the main hotel bar is a headache and a set up for failure. Fortunately, the staff from almost every department, were some of the most genuine, hardworking, team players that I have ever encountered. Too bad the people that hire and fire don't know it..
Pros
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Cons
Management inconsistent and not helpful, inconsistent pay, extremely long hours.
Excellent job security and culutred
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2014
Omni Hotels is a great company. As explained in orientation, the owner pays for all properties up front so your job is always secure and eliminates the possibility of having late payments on a lease or mortgage. The staff comes from several countries in every department (in my departments alone I work with people from Asian, Europe, Africa and South America). This creates a well cultured team of people who are both friendly and understanding. Benefits are good too including a cafeteria with free food everyday.
Pros
Free food, friendly staff, good pay
Cons
Several days you can not request off
Fun Great Learning exciting place to Work
Lobby Bar Tender and Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2014
Was unable to continue working at the Omni as they did not accommodate international Hotel Graduates at this time
Pros
competitive wage + Tips
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss