Omni Hotels Employee Reviews for Room Attendant

Found 32 reviews matching the search See all 1,226 reviews
They don’t care about their employees
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA CNN LOCATIONJuly 7, 2019
I was in an altercation at work. Before the situation blew up I let two of my managers and 4 supervisors know what was going on. They blew me off! On my way out of the building I was attacked with a 32 oz water bottle that was full of water and forced to defend myself. Well, I was terminated and told that I should have screamed for help! They did nothing to prevent this from happening. All of this happened in front of a camera and I was let go with no investigation.
Pros
Omar is a wonderful general manager
Cons
Worst hr and housekeeping managers
Nice rooms and amenities
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, PAMay 26, 2019
The rooms at the spa are comfortable and relaxing the golf course and restaurants have very good food the workers are friendly and enjoyed being around them
Fun and productive
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2018
The work environment was calming and relaxing day to day. My schedule consists of getting along with co-workers as well as the guests. Overall I enjoyed working with the omni family.
Productive and fast paced environment
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2018
Most days are fast paced and full of work. Management overall is good. I love the environment and all of the different cultures at Omni. The pay is higher than other hotels and worth the money. The hours sometimes get hectic but overall this is a good place to work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks, pay for parking
Not worth the money
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
Over worked
Rude superviser
Manager was nice
Ladies always spoke Spanish snd started at me so it made me feel uncomfortable. Under paid for all of the hard work
Pros
It was a job
very good management team
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 19, 2018
Excellent staff and nice environment, the hotel is located in Bloomfield Colorado, very nice and friendly guess, very good associate working together as a team player from time to time was also excellent. I work well with and without supervision
It was a challenging work because you hadn’t to be faster enough going through the assigned paper to go to every room but it kept me busy
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2018
It was a fun working environment and on top of that it was fast paced to complete evry room assigned it kept my busy that’s why I liked where I was working at
Pros
Up to a 30 minute break, team work
Cons
Required long time standing
Fun work place however management is horrible. They stick up for one another just to get temps out the building. Their communications is horrible
GUEST ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 2, 2017
They are a great place to work however supervisors should be reexamined. Those who have been there long enough know how to steal out the mini bar and I've witness another worker who was a temo get balmed for it. Their lack of communication is very poor
Pros
We had free breakfast every pay day and house keeping week as well
Cons
Over worked, UN safe cleaning
no fun
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 20, 2017
Great thing about working as guest room attendant you work alone. the Managers wasn't bad set hours pay couldve been better upon the amount of work load.
Liked it
Dining Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Downtown Fort Worth, TexasNovember 4, 2017
Good People
Always Moving
Free Coffee, Orange Juice, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinners
Good Team Work
Always changing
Good Boss
Can enjoy Down town Fort Worth
There are good guests
Pros
Good People
They care about you
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2017
Friendly staff. It is hard to work there, people come and go and you get to meet a lot of people. The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is always something happening.
Fast paced and up beat workplace
Dinning Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLMay 5, 2017
A typical work day at The Omni consisted of a very busy and organized environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the location and the very friendly people/guests/workers.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No breaks
hard work
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2017
you get lots of hours of work easy to make overtime, they have great culture but other departments(mini Bar) will take the tips from house keepers. it would be voiced to management but they never did anything.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Okay place to work
ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOApril 2, 2017
It's a great place to work, You will definetly enjoy the atmosphere.The managers are pretty reasonable when it comes to accomadating your persocnal needs,
They're OK to work for
DRA (Dining Room Attendent) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Looking from the outside, the Omni is a great place to work for, they offer great benefits, have multiple reward programs for employees, and they get great discounts on the rooms. In reality though, the Omni tries to relay that they care about everyone equally/ no one group of people is greater than the other (they say they value the employees opinions as much as the customers, the customers opinion just as much as the owners/managers, etc), but in reallity all they care about is numbers and surveys. The Omni does anything to "buy" a good survey or review for a customer and it can sometimes hinder you from doing a good job or getting properly paid for the good job you just did. As long as they are getting good reviews on surveys, they think everything is fine, when often, things aren't fine. Overall it is a good place to work your way up in, but not a job you'll love to work at.
nice place to work
Guest Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Bedford, PAAugust 8, 2016
I've worked here in the past when we opened it back in 2007. Was there about the first year and then moved out of state a few years. Did more nursing home work then decided to go back to Bedford Springs. I've developed a few health problems with arthritis and such and just can't keep up the fast pace anymore. But it really is a nice place to work. Just can't work the 24/7/365 type of places anymore
Pros
beautiful hotel full of history
Cons
working every weekend, holidays etc.
exciting
Room Attendant/Supervisor/Executive Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 29, 2016
I feel that was a good place to work.I just wish I could have gotten more management skills but overall I like working their.
Stay away!!
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 12, 2016
Horrible place to work if you look on any job site you will see Omni Hotels are always hiring because they can't keep people. This job is very stressful!!!
Pros
Eat meals for $1.00 a day when you work
Cons
Very busy, stressful place, mean guest
Fast paced, Productive
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 14, 2015
Working at the Omni hotel was a very good experience. Other employees were quick to help out and guide you along the way. Things were very busy and fast paced there also. Sometimes management weren't all on the same page and made the job more complicated and confusing for employees. Also the time frame for daily productivity was very unrealistic.
Great Place to work
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2015
Besides minimal issues such as the lack of hours from time to time, I would refer this place to others seeking work. Working there was really a great experience for me, I got to meet new people, gained new opportunities and friends. I also enhanced my cleaning and computer skills.
Pros
free lunch, great pay exciting place to work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight