Omni Hotels Employee Reviews

Found 1,176 reviews matching the search See all 1,194 reviews
Hardest part of the job
Barista/Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2019
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the overcrowd of people that arrived in the morning because the line would stretch out into the lobby with irritable customers and preparing beverages along with food in such a rush could be overwhelming and stressful at times.
Hostess in Terrace Room
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 14, 2019
I Directed and Seated Guests. Assisted Servers if needed. Any problems or situations were taken care of by me. I did enjoy working with the Servers and Public.
Learned a great deal from working there
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2019
Everyone that i worked with there are very friendly and are willing to help you. I made sure that everyone who I could help was helped by me as well. Everyone was very easy to work with.
Satisfactory
intern (Former Employee) –  Bedford, PAJune 12, 2019
Able to learn about different areas within the resort in a limited time frame. Management helped to teach all of the interns about all of the areas within the resort.
Please consider a different employer
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 11, 2019
I’ve worked there for 2 years and can say that it’s only gone down hill. Staffing is the worst I’ve ever seen in my whole life. HR loves to tell you that you’ll get exactly what you want, but never actually takes action. Management is unbelievable, every single person above you generally has some sort of superiority complex over you, like we’re in high school again.
If don’t mind being treated like absolute garbage but get alright pay. (3% raise every year woohoo!!!) this is just the place for you!

P.S just to put into perspective, lots of positions at the OGPI start around 10/hr. You know where else makes 10/hr starting? Burger King; what an embarrassment.
Pros
Camaraderie between people who hate working there.
Cons
You name it they’ve got it!
Beware
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 11, 2019
The company seemed nice to work for at first but once you get on the floor it is a very negative environment. They make promises during the interview process that they do not keep. The associates that have been there the longest are not welcoming to new associates they have a attitude problem and it does need to be adjusted or they will continue to lose new employees. They say they have an awesome culture but from what I have seen they are very negative and never tell you about the positive things that you do. I understand that work is work and it is not perfect but it is hard to come to work in a negative toxic environment. I would beware of working at this call center and take the time to really research the center before applying and wasting your time and their time. I feel that they could use some new ideas and a fresh approach at running a call center. Half the lights do not work or are not on on the call center floor so it makes it look like you are working in a dark hole and is very hard to see. By the time my shift is over I a wanting light and it is so nice to see the bright sky. The most enjoyable part of the job is trying to help the customers make their reservations.
Productive and fun workplace with great vibes
Room Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2019
The Omni is a great company to work for. The benefits are great and great motivational activities and events are provided and also the potential to advance.
Pros
Free food all day
Cons
no gym membership
Some departments you cant agrue with it was ok but in housekeeping its ok but sometimes gets unorganized and they pick their favorites
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 9, 2019
I cant speak for all departments but housekeeping was my area trust me I love that job but the management in housekeeping was a picky person she chose to deal with some things pr not to deal with them but overall they did wat they had to do then again if you are missing things on your cart it will get replaced but if your cart is missing it will slow your day down also if you have tips either houseman or supervisor will take but some will not
Pros
$1 lunches, tips
Cons
No breaks but 1 at lunch time which is a 30 min but tgis is only for housekeeping
Stressful Environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 8, 2019
Do not, I repeat do not apply for housekeeping if you are applying for a job at the Omni! Long lists of rooms and you can't leave until all of your rooms are done. Rooms rarely ever stripped by the housemen which puts you far behind, management is never on top of the housemen who are always on their phones and sitting down, management constantly bothering you getting you behind on your rooms, rude coworkers, management plays favorites and gives some people longer lists than others, the list goes on and on. Great company to work for overall but bad department and managers in that department.
Pros
One dollar lunches
Cons
Bad management in housekeeping department.
It was a good place to work at
Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Bretton Woods, NHJune 8, 2019
The Omni I that I worked at was good there was room to learn if you wanted to work a certain station to yey would try to work with you and put you in that area
Pros
Discounts
It is a good place to work.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 7, 2019
A good place to work. I learn something new everyday. The management as a whole is good to work with. Culture is great to be in . Working pretty much on my own is both hard an enjoyable.
Pros
Meeting those that I work with and the benefits.
Cons
None that I can think of right now.
Productive and happy Office
Group Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 4, 2019
Great place work and learn. Solid team environment and strong encouraging team to support job growth within your current position and what you want for the future.
Pros
Discounted lunches, team environment
Cons
Healthcare, promotions are hard with lack of movement
Loved this place
In-Room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 3, 2019
I was a barista at the Starbucks in the hotel then moved to an in room dining server and I loved them both. The hotel had an amazing management team with lots of room to grow within the company.
big workplace
Commis 1 (Former Employee) –  Amelia Island, Florida, USAJune 3, 2019
we were treated as employees and not as trainees and I think that is one of our advantages because we were able to experience the real world abroad. The hardest part of the job for me is when it is busy season and we worked for like 17 hours straight plus we are away from our families.
Great place to work!
Overnight Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2019
Most managers go thru internal training program to learn all aspects of hotel which creates great managers with on the job experience! Communication is great due to daily meetings.
Great Atmosphere
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLJune 1, 2019
I have been with this company for the better part of 6 years now. While I do not think the compensation is exactly fair for the amount of work done and the cost of living in this area, it is a great company to work for and has lots of benefits and room for advancement.
Pros
Employee discounts, cafeteria, merit raises
Cons
lower average hourly rate than most luxury resort brands
It was soo ausume working there staff r friendly managers averyine always smiling
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCMay 30, 2019
Great place to work great staff great managers hotel is beautiful and also u can bring your dog there soo it’s fun the u have the pool bar we’re the food is soooo good and the seas side shack were u can rent bikes he kids can play with doney
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
30mintues break
Fun place to work
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 30, 2019
A day in the work day talking to guest. Have a lot of rules. Overall nice place to work. Would recommend this job to someone else. I think they were fair in their raise process
Pros
Flexible on schedule
Cons
Short break
Productivity and fun place
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLMay 28, 2019
It’s hard work but the supervisor is amazing, i have team work, flexible schedule, Omni is your family, 3 years ago ... I haven’t multiple surgery, the management care me old the time
Barton Creek Resort & Spa
Night Shift Loss Prevention Associate/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2019
Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa has gone through a lot of change both on the management side and the property side. It is great to watch the property grow with new people and a new building. I am looking forward to how this year goes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss