Omni Hotels Employee Reviews

Found 1,210 reviews matching the search See all 1,229 reviews
omni review
Spa Cafe Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJuly 9, 2019
a good place to work - I have been here for 13 years and plan on staying for as long as I can. Good benefits and good environment. Fair pay and good communication
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 8, 2019
I enjoyed working at the Omni, and I also recommended jobs to other people and told them they woiuld like working for the Omni.

I developed a great relationship with so many co-workers and enjoyed helping to solve client issues. I really did enjoy working with Omni and growning with thw company.

I am looking forward to reconnect with the ompany, and hopfully learning and growning and helping the company provide service to clients.
Pros
Free lunch, job incentives
Cons
healthcare and pay
If they don't like you, you won't get hours!!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 8, 2019
I worked there 15 years ago and came back with even more skills than what I had when I previously worked. Despite my obvious advancement in the field, I was given less and less hours on the schedule! It wasn't until they gave me one day a week for a month that I decided to quit
They don’t care about their employees
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA CNN LOCATIONJuly 7, 2019
I was in an altercation at work. Before the situation blew up I let two of my managers and 4 supervisors know what was going on. They blew me off! On my way out of the building I was attacked with a 32 oz water bottle that was full of water and forced to defend myself. Well, I was terminated and told that I should have screamed for help! They did nothing to prevent this from happening. All of this happened in front of a camera and I was let go with no investigation.
Pros
Omar is a wonderful general manager
Cons
Worst hr and housekeeping managers
Last resort for work opportunity.
F&B Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2019
Most workmates are nice but they tend to talk behind anyone's back. toxic place to work in. give nice salary for Interns but to regular workers, they give the lowest in the whole downtown area.
Pros
2 dollar meal tickets
Cons
lacks appreciation for associates
Great place to work.
Supervisor Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2019
Work from home opportunities for Reservation Sales are offered (depending on the location). Benefits are okay but could be better. A typical day at work involves booking reservations for the hotel chain. Training prepares you for the role and the tools you need a provided.
Stay very far away
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Champions Gate, FLJuly 2, 2019
I was warned about the management in this hotel but still saw it a a good opportunity to break into the hotel business. I was wrong. Take it from me, do yourself a favor. Stay very far away.
Resourceful and fun work place with a golf course
Purchasing Clerk Externship (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78735July 2, 2019
This was where I did my externship work site for the BAS program at SCI. I learned more Accounting Software like BirchStreet and Oracle that dealt with A/P.
Pros
Benefits included like health, dental, and vision.
Cons
longer shifts than usual and few lunch breaks.
Muy buen lugar para aprender
Front Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando,FloridaJune 25, 2019
Estuve muy contenta en este trabajo, te dan oportunidad de crecimiento y apoyo en todos los sentidos
Pros
aprendes mucho, buen ambiente laboral, buen salario
Cons
n/a
Awesome
Shift Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2019
Great place to work at colleagues we're extraordinary really awesome management was awesome the environment was awesome shifts we're great discounts other omni's we're all so awesome
Beautiful Resort and Friendly Staff
Spa Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 23, 2019
Hospitality Professionals in all areas of the Omni La Costa Resort Workforce. Great support system with Human Resources, and Managers all available for assistance. I enjoy having the freedom to be creative with Boutique Merchandise Displaying, and using my various skills in customer communication.
Very seriously place to work
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Omni New Haven CtJune 21, 2019
The only thing I have to said about the Omni , I worked 13 years for the Omni in New Haven Connecticut as Executive for 13 years. I relocated to winter Garden Fl . I was not hired because the Chef was Racist
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30 minutes break
Run by corporate vampires. Will be happy to see the company's demise!
Banquet Chef (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 21, 2019
The company slogan should be "profit over people"! I onboarded this company as manager and was thoroughly disappointed by how little exposure management and Human Resources had to the front lines of the operation. I had zero confidence in my management team to make informed decisions regarding the business. The Human Resources department displayed gross incompetence in regards to labor laws.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, poor benefits, poor company culture
Ok
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2019
A typical day is starting your prep work when you go in
I learned how to speak restaurant language
Management needs work
Most enjoyable part was going home after knowing you made guests happy
Pros
Dollar luches
Cons
You dont get breaks all day if youve been busy, not great management
Hardest part of the job
Barista/Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2019
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the overcrowd of people that arrived in the morning because the line would stretch out into the lobby with irritable customers and preparing beverages along with food in such a rush could be overwhelming and stressful at times.
Hostess in Terrace Room
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 14, 2019
I Directed and Seated Guests. Assisted Servers if needed. Any problems or situations were taken care of by me. I did enjoy working with the Servers and Public.
Learned a great deal from working there
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2019
Everyone that i worked with there are very friendly and are willing to help you. I made sure that everyone who I could help was helped by me as well. Everyone was very easy to work with.
Satisfactory
intern (Former Employee) –  Bedford, PAJune 12, 2019
Able to learn about different areas within the resort in a limited time frame. Management helped to teach all of the interns about all of the areas within the resort.
Please consider a different employer
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 11, 2019
I’ve worked there for 2 years and can say that it’s only gone down hill. Staffing is the worst I’ve ever seen in my whole life. HR loves to tell you that you’ll get exactly what you want, but never actually takes action. Management is unbelievable, every single person above you generally has some sort of superiority complex over you, like we’re in high school again.
If don’t mind being treated like absolute garbage but get alright pay. (3% raise every year woohoo!!!) this is just the place for you!

P.S just to put into perspective, lots of positions at the OGPI start around 10/hr. You know where else makes 10/hr starting? Burger King; what an embarrassment.
Pros
Camaraderie between people who hate working there.
Cons
You name it they’ve got it!
Beware
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 11, 2019
The company seemed nice to work for at first but once you get on the floor it is a very negative environment. They make promises during the interview process that they do not keep. The associates that have been there the longest are not welcoming to new associates they have a attitude problem and it does need to be adjusted or they will continue to lose new employees. They say they have an awesome culture but from what I have seen they are very negative and never tell you about the positive things that you do. I understand that work is work and it is not perfect but it is hard to come to work in a negative toxic environment. I would beware of working at this call center and take the time to really research the center before applying and wasting your time and their time. I feel that they could use some new ideas and a fresh approach at running a call center. Half the lights do not work or are not on on the call center floor so it makes it look like you are working in a dark hole and is very hard to see. By the time my shift is over I a wanting light and it is so nice to see the bright sky. The most enjoyable part of the job is trying to help the customers make their reservations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss