Omni Visions Employee Reviews

Foster Parenting
THERAPEUTIC FOSTER PARENT (IAFT) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 20, 2019
Omni is a great place to work with foster children. They are very caring and nurturing to the children and families that work with the children. It is really enjoyable. I would say this is one of the best agencies to work for.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Bad training times
No full time
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMarch 6, 2019
They advertise full time but you only get part time hours. They also have a funny payment system. I was told i was going to make 9.25 then after being hired I was told it was 8.25 + a dollar and all hours are not paid at the 9.25 rate.
Cons
no full time and really dont care
Productive and fun
Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 22, 2019
Had good days cause always had things to do with the clients so it went smooth Spending time in the community making the clients happy Barely had behaviors taking them to visit family going out to eat
Pros
Ate with cllients
Cons
healthcare
Don't
Employee (Former Employee) –  TNJanuary 15, 2019
Typical day at work. Early in the morning until late in the evening.
If you're not a "pick" then consider being criticized on every aspect of the job. Don't worry about asking questions...they won't be answered. Training usually consists of a "read this email", attend this online presentation (usually given by someone who has been in the field forever and talks way above a new hire's head), and watch some videos with quizzes.
The hardest part of the job is actually fitting in. If you don't know their language, then don't expect to learn it. Not really a "family" as they describe it.
Prepare yourself to be discouraged and extremely tired.
Best thing about the job is helping clients.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
To many to list
Learning Environment
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 9, 2019
It was a fun place to work as a social work student internship. I learned a lot of how a non-profit works and how to balance working with the staff, clients, and parents/beneficiaries.
Fast paced
Family Service Worker/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Jonesborough, TNJanuary 3, 2019
Ever changing work load and regulations. The position works in correlation with DCS. A LOT of flexibility but evening hours are required. Cases range between 15-20 familiy cases.
Exceptional clinical experience
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2019
I obtained invaluable experience working as a clinical therapist, and will take this with me where ever my path leads in the mental health industry. Overall am satisfied with supervision, and staff's supportive attitudes. The minus was that we had to provide our own computers, and well my imac's drive did die out. However no complaints other than that. My experience like I said was invaluable.
Pros
Free phizer lunches
Cons
No breaks, provide your own computer and office supplies
Don’t!
Therapist (Current Employee) –  TNDecember 4, 2018
No support for accomplishment. Only comment on the negative and plenty of criticism. Horrible expectations on top of a ridiculously high case load. Supervision is sketchy at best communication is also spotty.
Pros
Two days “off”/week
Cons
No support professionally or personally.
Love my coworkers and supervisor!
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jonesborough, TNNovember 30, 2018
I love the environment here! I love working with kids! Be ready for lots of late nights.. Have to able to manage paperwork and travel. You have to be dependable.
Pros
Staff, Coworkers and Supervisors
Cons
late nights
Excellent
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jonesborough, TNNovember 30, 2018
Great place to work.. Supportive coworkers and management. It is very challenging to work with children and families that have faced such abuse, so if you have your own issues, probably not the best place for you to work. It is alot of paperwork, but that is to be expected. They do fun activities and promote self care. They are great advocates for their kids and families.
Pros
Helping kids and families
Cons
Dealing with trauma but thats part of it!
Corruption at its finest
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Northeast, TNNovember 29, 2018
Great co workers. Emotionally draining job with lack of support. Misclassification of employees to perform services not qualified for. Single moms are pretty much not welcomed.
Pros
Relationships with children and families
Cons
Treatment of employees, turnover, unreasonable expectations
Great experience working with staff
Therapeutic Foster Care Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 5, 2018
The hardest part of the experience was not geeting enough community support to fill the needs of tween clients that may have challenges interacting with other children.
Micromanagement
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 11, 2018
I felt micromanaged and rarely felt like the company cared about or valued me as an employee. I felt management was not attentive. There was no sense of teamwork. Hardest part was finding respite for the foster parents. Company tried growing too quickly and did not focus on their strengths.
Pros
Salaried position
Cons
Did not feel valued
This was a great place to work until new management
Regional Office Manager II - West TN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 1, 2018
This was a the best place to work. Lots of freedom and work got done. Family atmosphere. Very good place to work. Hated to leave. Really accomplished alot
Run
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 24, 2018
Poor management , unprofessional , unorganized , liars , manipulate , does not advocate for raises , health insurance could be better , call you on sick days and vacation.
Pros
Cons
No work life balance
Great CoWorkers and Foster Parents
Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jonesborough, TNAugust 31, 2018
This work is hard work.. It is stressful and often keeps you out late past hours. Very knowledgeable staff and management. Supportive staff and supervisors.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Dealing with Child Abuse
I was a foster parent for high risk children
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 30, 2018
It was the most rewarding but stressful job I have ever had. Working with children who have been abused is very hard but it is rewarding when they are successful.
Stressful environment
Recruitment Specialist/Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jonesborough, TNAugust 30, 2018
A typical work day is busy. I learned about children, families, and trauma. No comment about management. The hardest part of the job is the atmosphere. The most enjoyable part is serving children and families.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Turnover; benefits
Environment
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 17, 2018
I have spent the last few years at this company. I would have to say that the culture of this agency is very fast-paced but it also has a lot of opportunity for young professionals. I approve this as a great workplace to be.
Good company
Lead Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNAugust 8, 2018
Omnivisions s a good company for which to work. The pay improves over time. Great benefits compared to other companies for which I have worked. I would recommend working for Omnivisions.