Omnicell Employee Reviews

Friendly work environment and great team work
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2018
at Omnicell there are many opportunities to make the work environment exciting and fun while embracing the daily challenges posed bu the daily workload.
Pros
daily per diem, mostly Monday-Thursday
Cons
Lost focus on what made them successful- their human capital
Director Strategic Accounts (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 28, 2018
Omnicell was a great place to work at, however, as they grew they lost contact with their employees. The culture has deteriorated and many top flight folks have left due to a lack of promotion opportunity, work-life balance and minimal feedback from supervisors.
Pros
Some really great teammates
Cons
Lack of work-life balance and poor 401K matches
Life Change
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 24, 2018
There may be challenges with Omnicell, as in any job. I can say that working with Omnicell has shaped me as a stronger employee and as a person. Omnicell opened up their doors with an opportunity for me and it has honestly been that best opportunity of my life.
Pay and Benefits
HR (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 2, 2018
Salary and Benefits package are not too competitive compared to other companies in the Bay Area. Quarterly bonuses are great if you fall under a certain grade level and if company reaches its quarterly goal. Stock options offered to some employees. Matching 401k is not bad as well. Only perks are a small fitness room onsite, discounted movie tickets and commuter passes. No free lunches.
Pros
Work hours are flexible for some.
Cons
Low pay, benefits
Great Place To Work
Electronic Technician I (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJune 25, 2018
Easy, friendly work environment. Good salary/benefits. Great management, easy going and ready to listen and help if needed. A lot of opportunities to learn and to grow.
Company with a tremendous growth curve
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 15, 2018
Omnicell has grown significantly over the years but in many cases it has come at the expense of its employees. Overall, it is a fine company to work for but there is limited upside once you get into the management ranks.
Fast pace, No life
TSE (Current Employee) –  North EastMay 31, 2018
As a TSE you’re on-call 24/7, 12 days on and maybe 2 days off. You have no family life because of the on-call. Management says they understand what you’re going through while they’re play golf. All calls are handled like a hot potato and we’re the ones catching it. The helpdesk has some good people and a lot of helpless people.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No family life
A good place to start a career
Account Manager/Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 23, 2018
If you are new to the industry, this place will be the ideal company to work for. There offer employees to move up the company, however a little bit disorganize.
great
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 28, 2018
Good place to work people are great place was great i would work there again in the future if given a chance or maybe different department next time..
Pros
lots of over time
Cons
short break
good place to work/ with basketball court
Material Handler 3 / Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 15, 2018
Fast pace, the hardest thing is trying to finish everything for the day in the last minute of work. The best part finishing everything that needs to be done at the end of the day.
Pros
good benefits
Poor company to work for
Customer Service / Order Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILApril 12, 2018
I would note recommend this company to anyone. Poor management, very rude people and management, honestly didn't learn much at this job in that position.
productive and fun
machine assembler IV (Former Employee) –  2003 gandy blvd saint petersburg fl 33702April 12, 2018
fun to work
I was exposed to anew technology
management need improvement
good work place culture
lot a diversity
no job security
be productive
good team work
Pros
good benefits fair pay
Cons
no job security
I don't regret my time there...
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 6, 2018
Omnicell has great employees who make the day go by quickly. Everyone is nice and respectful and there are events throughout the year to boost morale.
Growing Pains For An Expanding Corporation
Global Environmental Health and Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for Omnicell and had to leave due to family FMLA. The corporation is expanding with acquisitions of what I perceive to be floundering companies that Omnicell turns around with their very robust management systems.

Due to overlap in corporate management during the onboarding of acquisition the management can be very cut throat. This is pretty normal in the forming of new teams and further development of the acquired organization.
Benefits
Cons
Hours and Cut Throat Competition
Employees are nice and make you feel welcomed
Card Press Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 30, 2017
Its a nice job to work at if you are also in school. Overtime is optional unless they have a mandatory weekend scheduled. If you do not know how to do a certain job they will train you.
Pros
Hours, benefits, and work
Cons
Career Advancement
Senior management issues
Sr. Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 27, 2017
Great people. Great immediate manager, however senior management was issue with organization. lack of advancement opportunities. senior management treated employees wrongfully.
co-workers are good people and I enjoy interacting with them
SR. NPI/Production Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 21, 2017
supporting the engineers is a big learning curve, they are kind and very smart and do take the time to explain their design, process and models.

Supply Chain Management is somewhat knowledgeable but not as strong in their performance as they should be, they give mixed directions and do not communicate as well as they should.
Pros
quarterly bonsus
Negative, Unhappy Environment
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 12, 2017
Political, unhappy environment with little recognition. With acquisitions the company has changed and work/life balance no longer exists. Management is ill-trained and worried about saving their own jobs to support employees.
Pros
Cons
Lack of advancement and recognition, poor benefits, negative environment and no work/life balance
enjoyed the work very much
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bells, TXDecember 10, 2017
Monday was a travel day. If I got to the job site early, I would go and evaluate the situation. Next day, I would start work on the project. Usually would work 8 hour day. Sometimes it was necessary to work at night. Thursday evening would travel home. Friday was a home office work day with conference calls and phone support for customers.

Every job was different and had to do a lot of thinking on my feet. It was a great challenge and I enjoyed working with different people.

I didn't want to quit but due to my Mothers illness, I couldn't travel anymore. I had to come home and be a constant caregiver.
Pros
per diem on meals, cars, and tools
Cons
people stomping on my ceiling in hotels
Outgrew the Originals
Sales Operations (Current Employee) –  Mount View, WIDecember 5, 2017
Great company initially at the old location by "Google town" off of Shoreline. Since the acquisition of Aesynt it's a very "out with the old" and "in with the new" environment now at the Individual Contributor / Associate level.
Pros
compensation & benefits
Cons
middle management, acquisitions and forced reltocations