Omniplex World Services Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Employee's are expendable, it's all about the money
Employee Investigator (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 3, 2018
As an investigator, daily travel is required. But contractors were getting all the jobs close to my home location & I was forced to travel around 100-150 miles or more per day in the field with no change in lead requirements. Yes, they paid good, but they do not defend their employees. If a mistake is made, they fire you rather than try to work around it. Loyalty means nothing to them. When I was hired I read their mission statements about loyalty & family, but I saw none of that in the latter part of my time there. They only care about being the best but don't care who they hurt in the process.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Everything else
Good company that seems to know what they are doing.
Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 27, 2018
I've learned a lot from this company. Definitely a good company to work with if its only for a month or 40 years. It gives opportunities to "spread your wings."
Pros
decent pay for non-stressful work
Cons
Slow days, no sick leave
Management sucks
Access Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 19, 2018
The day is usually boring. The hardest part about this job is staying awake. This job is great for beginners and gaining some experience. I wouldn't recommend this job if you like organization. Omniplex is a little disorganized.
Pros
Unlimited over time
Cons
Unorganized and boring
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Minneola, FLJune 4, 2018
Productive and fun workplace, Excellent paid and benefits. Professional workers. the most enjoyable part of the job is enforcing all rules and regulations.
Good place to work and advance.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 20, 2018
Omniplex encouraged site managers the flexibility of providing Leadership Traning to subordinate staff in an effort to promote team building and direction company-wide. Some site issues were discussed in open forum during our annual manager's meetings, which included a discussion of corporate direction by the Executive Leadership Team. Positive feedback always accompanied these meetings.
Pros
I provided Thanksgiving Dinner for those who worked the holiday
Cons
HR not always available
Security Professional
Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMay 17, 2018
Typical Security Company. High turn over rate. Lack of communication from top down. Need strategic planning to avoid obvious issues. Good workers.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Called in at last minute
Wasn't a fan
Access Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Meade, MDApril 25, 2018
It seems like this company isn't well put together. They do not treat their employees with respect at all. They really don't care about the well being of their folks.
Great company
ARMED SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 25, 2018
This was a decent company. I enjoyed the training process and I appreciated the skills that the instructors help me develop. It was an overall decent job. But be warned that it can be demanding; There were many times that staying late or coming in early were common parts of the job. There may be months that you will seem to not be doing much besides working and sleeping. However, if anyone chooses to live such a lifestyle, it is possible to earn a notable amount of compensation for your efforts.
Pros
good team
You have no family life
Senior Access Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 24, 2018
I felt like the company really didn't care about their employees. I had worked for 60 hours a week for 2 years for the company and was promoted to Mid-level Supervisor and was never given any training to help me succeed and then when the government wanted to do away with one of the positions, mine was taken away and a girl with 3 years less time with the company was allowed to keep her position because she had been given adequate training.
Pros
I learned a lot about security
Cons
No life outside of work
Hardest part of job
Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 19, 2018
The job pays fairly well. However, the job takes over your life leaving very little time for family or recreation. Many employees have expressed the same sentiments. However, many of them stay because of the pay. The company was bought out last year by another company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Quality of Life is not good working there.
Overall a good place to work
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 12, 2018
If you are lucky enough to be placed on a good contract you will have a good work experience. The work is not hard but its in your benefit to be self motivated.
great work
Special Investigator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2018
Interesting and important work. The job is very stressful but worthwhile. I enjoyed my time there, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to see employment elsewhere.
Pros
great work
Cons
a little disorganized
Productive envirnment
Access Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMarch 24, 2018
Excellent environment with an opportunity for advancement with management with employees to better themselves and learn about the company as a whole inside and out
ok
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 22, 2018
This job is a great job with pretty god pay. the only issue is I am at a top secured location therefore you have to use a badging procedure at every door. If you get 3 alarms you can be terminated in 90 days.
Cons
they mess up your pay check
Good Company to work for.
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  VAMarch 16, 2018
The environment and people are excellent there. Sometimes it seems all promotions are given to a small ground of individuals but other than that I can't really complain. They do care about their employees and generally handle situations in an unbiased way.
Pros
Good pay, Good people
Cons
Promotions kept to a small group
n/a
Contracts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 2, 2018
This is poorly managed company with senior management not caring about the well being of their employees. HR department is worthless and will not do anything if you have any issues.
Dysfunctional Organization
Case Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 26, 2018
Omniplex is a dysfunctional organization that makes a venerable mockery of national security. This is a pedestrian company comprised largely of feeble-minded, unethical, unprofessional, amoral, brown-nosers who prioritize quantity over quality in every avenue of output. The worker bees are over worked, underpaid, underappreciated and have any modicum of individuality, creativity and initiative beaten out of them in service of a thankless, pointless, and unnecessary mission.
Federal Contractor
Senior Access Control Specialist (SACS) (Former Employee) –  Wahiawā, HIFebruary 25, 2018
This is a federal contract job. The compensation is great and the benefits are substantial. However, there is little room for advancement and Management is poor. The most enjoyable part of the job is the salary.
Samething different days
Specialized Access Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wahiawā, HIFebruary 22, 2018
You work at different work sites. Do the samething everyday but different days. Like the job because its a job, but really poor management and company is okay.
Great place to start work to get your clearance
Expediter/Admin/Assigner (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 28, 2018
When I first started it was the best place to work. Now, management has really changed and it's more like high school. (Management with no experience).
Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omniplex World Services Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.