OmniTRAX, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor Management
Track Laborer (Former Employee) –  Adel, GAJune 18, 2018
Going to work for Omnitrax sounded like a great opportunity for a job on the railroad and possible higher up jobs on for other railroads...Working for the management there was the ABSOLUTE WORST! They do NOT care for there employees and only want to cover their own tails! The road master has absolutely no people skills and treats his employees TERRIBLE! No room for advancement, terrible pay, treated terrible. Would only recommend this job to people if you do not care about your personal life (outside work), being threatened to be terminated if you slip up, do not mind getting yelled frequently and overall just treated terrible...Omnitrax is a good company, just poorly managed in the area of Albany/Adel
Pros
Foreman were helpful, good insurance
Cons
Management!!!
Simple and laid back job
Control Room/Transload Operator (Former Employee) –  Big Lake, TXMay 23, 2018
Working at the Big Lake Terminal is very relaxed with poor management. New manager gets walked over by all the other employees and doesnt know how to be a manager. Tons of thing have fallen behind drastically and nobody wants to really work. Employees just show up to get their paychecks and they to skate their way around having to do real work as much as they can. They tax more money from your paychecks the more you make. Don't recommend ever working overtime because of that reason. Starting pay sounds good until you receive your paycheck.
Pros
Benefits, 40hrs guaranteed a week
Cons
Poor management, no advancements, dont really make as much money as you expect.
Worst railroad in Albany Georgia to work for.
Engineer/Conductor (Former Employee) –  Albany georgiaApril 27, 2018
The manager is a complete moron who is just a title chaser. The on call and work hours are ridiculous. The track is you run on is horrible and if you derail it's automatically bad train handling not the sorry track you operate on. The company cares less about the employees. Your to only be safe when the job doesn't need finishing. If it needs to be done do whatever it takes. They are always out to get you and have mangers from other railroads hiding in the bushes watching. You would be much better off getting a job at Ns or Gennesee and Wyoming railroad.
Pros
Pay is decent for area
Cons
Good place to build experience
DESKTOP SUPPORT ADMIN (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 9, 2018
Overall a good company to build up experience in one's career. Great co-workers but the internal communication between departments and managers could use some work. Little options for growth and advancements.
Pros
Coworks
Cons
Upper Management
never had money for man power
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALFebruary 20, 2018
upper management was great but the train master thought he was the boss and forgot his place in the pecking order. general manager was great but the pay was so low in the MOW and other departments that the turn over was far too great to keep any good workers. most of the people there are just waiting to find better paying jobs and they will be gone.
Pros
plenty of overtime bc MOW could never get things done
Cons
always behind schedule
Mid and upper management does not care about workers.
Transload Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 20, 2018
The job was good to start with when work was available. We were promised a minimum of 48 hours a week only to be cut to 40 so the company could avoid paying workers overtime, even though the company said the job was paid for in advance with a contract. The company lost the major contract while I was there due to mid and upper management incompetence. At first we were undermanned and workers would run the transload conveyors solo (very dangerous and easy to make mistakes while doing so) then there was no work (sand to be moved) and we would be micro managed and yelled at to not stand around, get out of the office, and do tedious busy work all day (picking up trash, pick up sand on ground, paint, and do maintenance on site and equipment). there were many days of no transloading/sand moving to be done 80 percent of the time so you had to stay out of sight out of mind and do busy work just not to go crazy. There was very little policy for job execution in effect, but when rules were made up overnight, the management would act like they were in effect the entire time and you were the one out of loop. management would never see your hard work done, but if you messed up at all they would throw you under the bus for the smallest infraction.
Pros
Okay pay and work/life balance.
Cons
Too many to list as stated above.
N/a
AR Cash Applications Analyst - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2018
I cannot give feedback concerning this company because I was a temp. There was talk about converting me to direct hire but the company budget wouldn't allow for that to occur.
Not recommended
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 15, 2018
Worst company culture, no advancement, fast turnover of employees. Cut throat management group. They do not care about their employees. No collaboration between work groups. Inconsistent management styles. With people coming and going so quickly, it's hard to work efficiently since your job duties are always being added to.
Pros
kitchen and microwave- company gym
Cons
no time to go to the gym
Very difficult environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 23, 2017
Very cut throat environment, right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Business development is slow and pain staking. Turn over rate is extremely high.
Pros
Good railroads
Cons
Owner is a Whack Job
Great Place to learn, not a great place to advance
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 12, 2017
I learned many useful skills while at OmniTRAX, but the company was hard to advance in. The IT department was pretty stagnant, and the rest of the company would not budge without a higher ups order.

A typical day at work involved maintaining a ticket queue as well as a phone queue. I learned how to use batch files, remote software, and office 365. The company was very good at introducing me to new things. The workplace culture was decent, but there was a lot of superiority issues as well as complaining about trivial things.

The hardest part of the job was certainly the push-back attitude of most of the employees. If it could any way be related to IT, I was forced to solve the issue, even if that meant going outside of the scope of what was normally expected of IT.

The most enjoyable part was getting stranded and having to figure out solutions without assistance. What others might have considered stressful, I often found quite enjoyable.
Pros
Good PTO and sick time policies
Cons
Horrible communications between HR/Payroll and the other departments
Great company to learn and grow ones skill sets.
Safety Manager/DSLE (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 17, 2016
They work with individuals to expand ones skills and allows growth from within. You will work long hours as this is a railroad transportation company and you will be tasked on multiple levels daily with wide ranges of accountability.
Pros
Salaried wages are good.
Cons
Hours worked and basically a 24/7/365 on call as a manager.
Working in call center environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 1, 2016
A day here consisted of answering heavy call volume from customers and train crews. This was 24/7/365. This was difficult having a family.
Pros
Good money
Cons
No breaks, new management, always watching over you, Don't make mistakes!
Good place to work and to build skills in your respected craft.
General Manager/Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMay 6, 2016
Good place to grow and learn with good management overall. The company had many benefits for individuals who wanted to excel in their respected crafts.
Challenging and rewarding
Regional Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2016
Everyday held new challenges. Many of the associates are quite knowledgeable in their field. My two teammates are great co-workers. Unfortunately, my position was no longer needed at the company.
Pros
Progressive
Cons
Position elimination
Company
Staff Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 9, 2016
The company is great to work for. They do not pay and do not award you for going above and beyond. Most of the people that you work with are hardworking but those few that do not make the job very hard to complete.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 4, 2015
A lot of inbound calls from different railroads. Shift work. This facility is open 365/7 days a week. Good amount of vacation time. Salary.
Excellent place to work. Positive envioment
Trainmaster (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 16, 2015
Good company moving in the right direction. Safety is a lot of overkill that binds people up from being able to preform.
Good moral and excellet at listening to the people
Pros
Open to hearing suggestons
Cons
Safety is overkill
Good place to work.
Director of Revenue Systems (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 3, 2015
There were several management changes in the 3 years I worked there which made it difficult to settle into a routine. The different departments I worked with were great and we all help each other since our goal was to make monty!!
Pros
Full access to gym on the property. Great location to work.
Cons
Too many management changes.
Pleasure to work for
Desktop Support Technician (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Denver CoJuly 25, 2014
One of the mot pleasant places to work for and great manager. Great Team enviorment
I like the people I work with - almost like my second family
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 23, 2014
A typical day at work is making sure my executives are set for their meetings so I print out their calendars and have daily meetings with each one. I set up meetings/conference rooms. Take phone calls and screen them. Take care of travel/hotel/car for the executives. I am always multitasking. I love working with all my co-workers. We work as a team to accomplish whatever needs to get done.
I think the hardest part of my job is when I take vacation and I feel like I still need to be in contact so technically I am not on vacation. The most enjoyable part of my job is the associates that I work with.
Pros
Free gym access and trainer
Cons
Meetings are constantly changing, need to be on top of everything