OMNOVA Solutions Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed woring here
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSOctober 14, 2018
Great place to work. I started here as an hourly employee and was able to advance in the company. I was a shift manager over the whole plant on 3rd shift when I left. The only reason I left was because the plant shut down.
Pros
great pay and benefits and employees are recognized for thier efforts
Operater (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCAugust 29, 2018
Omnova Solutions is a good place to work and I would recommend friends to work there. They have a great management staff that really cares about its employees.
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Very messy
Fun place to work
Environmental Health Safety and Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAAugust 27, 2018
One of my best experiences from a company stand point. Great people that worked together until site closed. Was able to reduce injuries and increase compliance significantly.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Long drive
Would Not Recommend, Even To My Worst Enemy
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHAugust 11, 2018
Talk less about the values (Safety, Integrity, Accountability, and Agility) and show how you are maintaining them – not just for your stakeholders but your employees. Once again, this means treating people with respect and taking the time to develop people into the employees that can be agile and work for you in the ways you see fit. No one will come in on his/her first day and be the perfect employee; they were probably molded by someone else to do things differently. So, step back, listen more. Treat your employees with the respect that was given to you when you started at the company. Or don’t – I honestly do not care, this review isn’t for you. It’s for the person who is trying to decide if they should work at OMNOVA Solutions, and my advice for them: Run, don’t walk – you do not want to be associated with this company and its leadership team in any capacity.
Work place client ell tight knit.
Chemical operator/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Chester, SCJuly 9, 2018
A problem with the worker base at the production level caused a lot of problems on the work floor. The people at this level caused issues that eventually caused me to lose my job.
Pros
Safety awards
Cons
racism problems
Quick paced and need to be ready to get tow Work
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Howard, WIJuly 5, 2018
Working here a person has to be ready to work the instant you are on the clock. Multitasking is required and needed for this position. Need to get certified for haz woper and first aid trained.
Omnova Solutions
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, PAJuly 3, 2018
Omnova was a great stepping stone for me in my career and I learned a lot through my coworkers. The management team could use some improvement. The enployee moral is terrible.
Used to be great!
Production (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 17, 2018
This used to be an excellent place to work, but it has taken a sharp downturn. Super low moral in production, and complete lack of attention from management. The production goals are unattainable on even a great week.
Pros
Fair Pay
Cons
Terrible moral, poor management
Salary vs. Hourly
Co-op (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 4, 2018
Clear separation between those who work in salary in the offices and those that work on the floor. The disorganization, lack of morale, and unwillingness to listen to innovation/improvements drives employees apart. Most people are hard working and care for the product. The products are precise and the customers are satisfied but within the company employees struggle with happiness and often feel unheard.
Stressful place to work currently
Technician (Current Employee) –  Auburn, PAApril 16, 2018
Management changes schedule frequently never know when or where you will be working. Used to be a better place to work but over time management changed and so did the culture.
Pros
good pay
Cons
odd hours and can go long stretches with no days off
Great Place to work
SAP BW (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHMarch 22, 2018
Working with some great and innovative minds. Managers very smart and looking for great innovations for future technologies at this company. Great Place to work at.
N/a
Quality Inspector & Rewinder Operator & Packager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, PAMarch 16, 2018
The long work days and every other weekend working gets old and cuts into your family time. Their saving grace is their pay scale, it is one of the better paying jobs in the area.
Good changes being made
Production Employee (Current Employee) –  AuburnMarch 8, 2018
Started there approximately 8 months ago. Have been assigned a couple of different jobs in that time. In the beginning some of the things I seen done were head shaking at best. Since that time some the dead weight has left the building. Thank goodness, their ideas were not good and they could not complete a project. All they could do was create chaos. A couple of months ago some changes were made in production. Since that time our groups have done great things in improvement. I am glad to say I stuck it out to see the hard working groups succeeding everyday.
Pros
Great Changes being made
Cons
Wierd Shifts and working weekends
Constant Reorganization and complete chaos
Manufacturing Facility Employee (Former Employee) –  Mogadore, OHMarch 6, 2018
This is not a culture or work environment I would recommend unless you enjoy working yourself to an unhealthy state while being constantly criticized by human resources and berated by management. Management is constantly changing, and changing the rules. Goal setting is near impossible and goals often conflict with each other. The customer needs seem to come second to last, right after the employees. This is not a safe or sustainable work environment for a manufacturing facility. This is not a company that values their talent or experience.
Pros
Pto, good steady paycheck
Cons
Culture and work environment intolerable.
Auburn Engineer
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn, PAFebruary 10, 2018
Company underwent changes within the first 3 months I was employed. Not sure of the outcome of those changes yet because people keep "leaving."

Auburn facility itself needs certain people to leave. Management complains about the lack of urgency but refuses to listen to reason. Instead, the reliance on people with "experience" is used with no gains made. Data and science mean nothing.
Pros
Work life balance, Pay
Cons
Close group of co workers
Electro-mech. tech (Former Employee) –  Auburn, PAJanuary 23, 2018
Management always tried to pi hourly employees against beach other with favoritism .all in all it was a good reliable company. The people looked out for each other not management.
Pros
Good benefit package, good vacation, sick, personal days and PTO
Cons
Went from 5 day to 7 day swing shift. And also changed payday to eliminate bonus pay, but increased hrs. Worked
Nice environment
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHNovember 16, 2017
Good - it was a nice working environment. Friendly people, they had lots of activities for the employees. Lots of volunteering in the community and also for various charities. Which I really liked.
Management churn
Lead incident investigation (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCOctober 18, 2017
company continues to turnover experienced managers and consolidate roles. Top site leadership with no experience in a printing facility. 3 key leaders less than 6 months in the plant.
Pros
free parking
Cons
medical benefits more expensive each year for less coverage
lots of hours and very good pay
Finishing Operator (Former Employee) –  Jeannette, PASeptember 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time there, the employees were great and it had great benefits. I learned many different jobs through my time there and met many people I still keep in contact with
Pros
Great pay, and great benefits
Cons
It was a swing shift that sometimes had mandatory over time on weekends
Stressful Environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Mogadore, OHApril 29, 2017
At times the environment felt unsafe working with the chemicals. It has also become unsafe due to workforce reduction. The company has eliminated positions and forced people into retirement within the past few months. Worked many hours for little compensation. Job does effect your home life due to unreasonable expectations set by management. Though the start of my time with this company was promising it later turned toxic. Was expected to work through lunch unpaid. The management was no longer invested in their employees and treated workers as just another number. Training all around was poor. The best thing about this place was the union employees. They were hard working and reliable.
Pros
Union employees
Cons
Unrealistic expectation. Too many hours required for salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OMNOVA Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

4.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

5.0Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight