Omron Employee Reviews

Great company
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILApril 19, 2019
Love to work for Omron with respect workplace culture good managements. Learning , working ,meeting professional that the most enjoyable part of the job
Great bosses and people to work with
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMarch 31, 2019
Omron Healthcare has been the most employee friendly company I have had the pleasure of working for.
Management on all levels are kind, friendly, open and honest.
Yearly company meetings are held to encourage employees to strive for their best for both themselves and the company. Ongoing and continuous training is provided throughout the year.
Pros
Friendly, helpful, great training
Cons
Honestly can't think of any
Best place i've ever work during my 30 years in manufacturing
Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMarch 19, 2019
Everyone is very friendly.my boss and my co worker.nice and cleans environment.AC building.and good location for me..too bad the dept is moving to China.
Pros
friendly .good benefit and wages
Cons
operation are moving to china
Terrible management
Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJanuary 17, 2019
This company does not address issues that are building up to be big problems for 2019.

A company that prides itself on quality sure does know how to hide all the flaws and cover-ups to the customer. You are told the correct processes but they do not follow through and cut corners to get it done

They are always working last minute on builds that should have been done weeks before the ship date.

I would bullet point everything wrong with this place but it isn’t worth it. The way HR is run is a joke. When the core of managers are actively disregarding everything, the company stands for, it’s time to get out.
Pros
Get away with being a substandard worker
Cons
No accountability, low pay, last minute schedule changes on holidays forcing you to use vacation.
Easy to work it and people are nice
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, ILJanuary 15, 2019
I enjoy working at Amron because it’s easy and comfortable place to work at. but I need to challenge myself. I feel there’s more opportunities out there for me.
Pros
Easy and comfortable place to work.
Cons
Low pay
Best Job I ever had
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NHDecember 6, 2018
I loved my time there, and every one I worked with. I would have stayed forever, had my department survived the cuts. Maybe not the best decision from overseas, yet, they treated me very well, even at the end. Great people!
Pros
Top notch technology and professional people.
Cons
Department closed.
Structured and Fast Paced work environment
Senior Software Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILAugust 17, 2018
A typical day on the validation team consisted of:
1) Reviewing software requirements for a current or new project
2) Developing and reviewing test cases for various projects
3) Conducting validation tests on automotive electronics.
4) Sitting in on Change Control Board Meetings
5)Playing the latest card game at lunch. (spades, euker, etc)

I learned the basics of software development and validation

The management worked to be very thorough in all aspects. They really believed in developing a strong team as well. Every year we had offsite team building events at a local park.

The hardest part involved properly deciphering the software requirements for certain projects and creating valid test cases.

The most enjoyable part was feeling like I was part of a true team. I knew and interacted with everyone on the team almost everyday in some way.
Pros
Good Management, Team focused, Exciting work
Cons
Dead time between projects sometimes
Overall a good company
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, ILAugust 6, 2018
The Software department of Omron is put together and organized. The initial deadline expectations are a little short, but where aren't they? Some documents take some looking for, but they are currently restructuring their document storage methods.
Not a bad employer
Corporate Automation and Safety Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 28, 2018
Our "MBO" performance review system is perceived by most employees as window dressing. Even the most dedicated and effective employees rarely achieve "exceed expectations" on performance reviews. We have a terrible problem with turn-over, loosing many of our top performers because compensation does NOT match performance. Whatever pay scale you agree to coming in the door will become your albatross, no mater what stellar outputs you deliver.

I also don't like the 'Kristallnacht' manner in which people are dismissed or leave the company. Its like they were taken out by an assassin's bullet . . just "POOF he gone".

On the good side, I respect our senior leadership for always fielding unfiltered questions from the peanut gallery during our 'town hall' meetings.
Pros
Great in-house technical training for employees
Cons
Pay not comensurate with performance
Productive, Technical fun place to work
Production and Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJune 14, 2018
Omron is a great company to work for. They take care of their employees. Its a great fun place to work. They have good benefits and rewards. Highly technical and Quality oriented company.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
lack of oportunity to grow.
Great workplace to start a job
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJune 14, 2018
Omron is an okay place to work, you have to be fast cause it is a little fast pace, magament of the company is a little poorly sometimes they make a decisions and always change it at last minute
Pros
Meeting different people and gaining working skills
Cons
Poor management
Great expirience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMay 21, 2018
I learned a lot while working for Omron, I loved working there. When I finish my degree maybe I'll return and work there to continue learning and working in the electronic field.
Good, positive, team work environment.
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAMay 16, 2018
Overall a good company to work for. Nobody mistreats each other, lots of respect. Good, positive, team work environment. There is minimal to no micromanaging.
Pros
Minimal to no micromanaging.
Cons
Could be a little more clear on companies future.
Robots
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NHMay 15, 2018
Great Company with cutting edge technology, intelligent and friendly people as co-workers. Relaxed atmosphere with fantastic products for tomorrows world.
Excellent company that needs to work harder with employees with longevity and have been loyal to the company.
Marketing Manager - National & Catalog Channel (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 8, 2018
Excellent company providing complete compensation package and additional benefits very few companies match. Their employees are second to none. True example of a "work family".
Always concerned with giving back to the community,
Concerned with providing the "best" customer experience.

Unfortunately, a restructure / reorganization eliminated my position.
They let employees leave and walk employees out the door without regard to their knowledge and experience. They need to learn how to re-purpose these people.
Pros
Employees/complete compensation package/benefits
Cons
Disrespect to employee loyality
Nice company with great work life balance.
Freelance Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 6, 2018
Nice company with great work life balance. Friendly people, great working environment. Walking paths and pond. Great atmosphere it's close to the expressway.
Maintenance Technician
Electronics Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILApril 25, 2018
Company work understaffed service group 7 days per week on rotating schedule. Very little time off for family. Support from other service staff very poor.
A good place to work.
Property/Facilities/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILApril 11, 2018
Facilities and Project Manager for Corporate Headquarters, provided assistance with projects and facility vendors for other Omron Companies in the US. Managed facility contracts, fleet of vehicles, constructions projects.
Pros
Lots of growth and potential.
Cons
May be growing too fast.
Not a good place to work
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILApril 3, 2018
Unprofessional and untruthful managers. Very disorganized environment. Machines that broke down constantly. Lack of leadership. Horrible work culture.
Automotive Supplier
Ford Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ford residentMarch 14, 2018
Ford Motor account, daily interaction at Ford - plant visits as needed.

Very Sales Oriented position Working within a close proximity of the competitor Supplier.

release all parts into the data base

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omron. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss