OMT-Veyhl Employee Reviews

Great place to work ,good leadership, excellent support
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 7, 2018
Great place to work ,good leadership, excellent support and communication , ongoing training and support , good to excellent leadership, daily updates communication from leadership.

People really strive to succeed and provide quality products for their customers. I'm amazed at all the recent improvements since the departure of the VP of operations several months ago. The company has taken on an entirely different direction for the better.
Production is consistently improving and breaking output goals.
The culture is very welcoming and friendly. This has to be the cleanest metal fabrication facilty I have ever seen.

The health insurance is great and the new Sharing (bonus) program is paid out quarterly. It's very common for the president to walk the production floor daily, shaking employees's hands while greeting them with a smile.
Pros
bonuses, frequent celebration lunches, good health insurance
Easy work and can learn many different things
Unloaded (Former Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 7, 2018
The company was a great place to work up till about a year or so ago before the new supervisors started specifically 3rd shift for one they don’t have a clue on how to be a supervisor or do the requirements of their positions. Second problem is the lack of Communication is sorry but if u kiss butt u get treated differently and 3rd issue is their night shift is so under staffed cause of the so called leadership so hopefully your ready to work twice as hard and expect to keep up. If the upper management doesn’t do something with the team leads and supervisors that’s in a position they can’t do and doesn’t know how to do this place is gonna go down fast
always hiring
Fabrication Flex Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 22, 2018
we just cant keep people. it seems that people are told one thing and then they find it to be something else. the supervisors are not always aware of what HR has told the new hire
Pros
good training, fair wages
Cons
work weeks have become unsteady, family feeling is gone, all about money for company
Place that has a vision and purpose for all.
Irrelevant (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 10, 2018
The culture of the place is AMAZING!!!! OMT is about making people feel valued. It is the greatest place I have worked for in my career. HR staff is hands down that of GREATNESS! The supervisors work well to improve daily operations for all. If you want a job go work somewhere else. If you want a career come work for OMTVEYHL.
Pros
Culture, pay, benefits, 401k, vacation, friendly, co workers rock, HR staff, ME Team is solid, IT department is legit.
Cons
Pros outweigh the negative
Boring
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 5, 2018
Very boring job. Literally stood in a line and waited for parts. Was told there would be overtime and ended up leaving early. Supervisors play favorites. Not what I thought the job was going to be.
Excellent Work Environment
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 27, 2018
Great culture! Work is fast pace and challenging. Fun environment and management really care about your growth and success in the company.

Fast growing and room for opportunity!
Run fast, run far
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 31, 2018
Company started out great. Family oriented, friendly, fast paced and plenty of OT. Since the beginning of the year, it has gone downhill and doesn’t look to be stopping anytime soon. Supervisors and Leads are rude and, unless you kiss some serious butt, you are guaranteed to go nowhere. There is barely any OT anymore and they make sure you know you are replaceable. Fellow employees on the line are great. They are always more than willing to help and they make sure you are valued. Team leads don’t do anything and are barely around when you need them.
Pros
Company outings, benefits
Cons
Terrible management, you have zero value and they make sure you are reminded of that often
Ok place to work.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 17, 2018
It's an ok place, but still needs to work on their work ethics. Needs more training options. People need to be more responsible and be held accountable for their actions.
Productive and fun
Laser Robot welder (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 5, 2018
i learned how to change tips and run torchmate to send robot home its an good place to work friendly people but management is horrible theres constantly a lack of work
The culture is “get things done or else”
Fabricator/Welder (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 29, 2018
The company promised a family culture when I was first hired in but from what I’ve seen they are the complete opposite. Very quick to blame and point finger and fire immediately. Also the ceo is known to have a temper and be very bad.
Benefits
Cons
CEO and management
Clean,
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 12, 2018
No structure, no life an work balance.
Loss of vacation if sick.
Work 7 days a week with one weekend off a month
No off shift incentives.
They do not enforce ZERO TOLERANCE for threats or verbal abuse.
If your not in the family you're not going any where.
Pros
Clean
Cons
No work life balance
7 Days of Stress
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 11, 2018
Typical Workday
Find your station, set-up tools, look over the previous shifts line set-up. Through out the day you are working with 3-4 people on your line. Most of the time your working with 3 people because people tend to quit early on after dealing with management and the material handlers. You have a board on the far side of the production floor showing your numbers in red or green. Your numbers will be in red most of the time, and you will hear about it from management at some point during the day. The main reason this happens is because there simply isn't enough workers, and everybody that works there except 3 people have been there over a year. So I will make this very clear people don't want to work there and make it difficult for you to do your job. I've heard the material handlers that are supposed to bring you the materials you need say good luck with that, or say ask so and so.

Workplace Atmosphere
The CEO, and Vice President enjoy berating people. I decided to leave after the CEO began yelling at upper management on the production floor during a routine meeting to do their da** job. The atmosphere became hostile and unbearable between management and hourly after this point. In my department alone 3 people quit that week.The worse part came during a monthly meeting where the vice president announced if you don't like it here there's the door, pointing to the exit. The company at this point was already short on people and half of the people in my department alone were looking into other job offers. My own manager began the work day often by reminding people
  more... if you still want a job I suggest you step it up, think about your families. I can't express enough how awful the atmosphere is. The people that work there are tired and stressed out and I completely understand why they aren't friendly.

The work isn't terrible, its the people and the atmosphere.

Please don't take this job! If you have other options look into them before considering a position here. There's a reason there always hiring!
Benefits
Cons
24/7 work days, Atmosphere, Management, Drama, Turnover
President is a Hot Head.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 3, 2018
President is a Hot Head, you are always waiting for him to blow up and it happens often. Built systems manager has an honesty problem. VP of Operations is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. This company has outgrown management's abilities. No personal life is allowed.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management
Management was absolutely ridiculous .
Associate (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIDecember 24, 2017
New management .Pace way too much
For the pay.
Just like any other place these days. They expect too much for a pay you can’t even live on.I would Challenge any CEO to live on what they pay their people for one month .lol
Be Part of Something Big
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 21, 2017
This company is growing like crazy and with the products they produce the sky is the limit. Management is super in tune with allowing employees to get as involved as they choose. Work days can be long at times. Employees are hired for life and really has family culture throughout the facility. Benefits are very generous and the company helps to keep deductible low.
Pros
Lots of employee lunches for acheivments, advacement in the company is encouraged
Cons
Growing pains brings lots of opportunities, SOP's need improvement
Fun and exciting to work with the right crew.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MISeptember 18, 2017
everything was fine. i had no real difficulty working here. they're expanding the company so i'm sure it will turn out to be an even better company. The CEO is really great in how he runs the company.
Good atmosphere
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 26, 2017
My overall experience, was not exactly what I had hoped. I didn't feel that some of the management cared for people with families, the work was easy, the workers were friendly, not so much management.
Newer company
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 11, 2017
The company is still new. They have things to work on yet. The employees should be more aware of what is going on. For example when a holiday is coming up they should already have time set aside and employees know so they are able to make plans. In general the company strives to be a family but does not give their employees much of a home life.
Pros
A lot of work hours.
Cons
Rules and guidelines are always changing
Excellent People
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 2, 2016
OMT-Veyhl was by far the closest knit group of people that I had the pleasure of working with. In the time I was there I survived at least 300% growth in personnel, probably more in sales. Despite the growth, the company only improved in quality and culture. The company invested a great deal in training me and provided me with opportunities for travel. OMT-Veyhl is a young company and is blessed with rapid growth. I personally thrived in the sometimes "all hands on deck" mentality. I enjoyed my work every day and was never bored for a moment. Should you choose a career at OMT-Veyhl expect as much challenging, exciting work as you can handle.
Pros
Cons
Hours can be excessive
Growing to perfection
best looking (Former Employee) –  omtApril 26, 2016
I have worked here for a year. This place has an extreamly friendly environment. the atmostphere is rewarding. As far as supervisors they are human and make mistakes. The great thing about that is they take ownership of them. They will genuinly try to help an employee who is strugglin. As long as you do a good job and improve. The one thing I like the most is that the upper management sees themselfs as equals. We have a parking problem so when you get here its hard to find a spot. There is no special spots assigned to the president or vice president. They find a place like we all do. They have monthly meetings which are really boring but they pay you for them and they are helpful if you can stay awake. On top of that yo can move up the ranks quickly. This place in one year has doubled in size. I can not tell you how amazing it is to be at a place that is on the cutting edge of the world!!!!!! Btw you can win a trip to germany. Its the type of place you would hate to leave even if its for more money. The reasons being is that you are given respect from your supervisors and peers. hey dont yell they talk if your doing bad they will let you know and give you a few chance to improve. If that wasen't enough this place is spottless you could eat off the floor!. Omt Veyhl = Family
Pros
too many to list
Cons
caffateria food is horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OMT-Veyhl. Our community is ready to answer.

OMT-Veyhl Reviews by Location