On-Board Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great company
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 13, 2018
Excellent place to work if you love working 12 hour shifts, with every other weekend off, great atmosphere to work everyone is very helpful and willing to help you with anything you have a problem with
n\a
Controlled Area Molder (Current Employee) –  vally view ohFebruary 14, 2018
over all not very positive.. I was lead to believe that I would get a fair chance to become a full time associate with company bust was not informed of that after your 90 days, they don't require the company you are hoping to be hired by is not guaranteed.
Great company
Logistics Coordinator/material handler (Current Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MIJanuary 5, 2018
work day's go fast,learned a lot of things since I've been with the On Board, the hardest part of my job is getting up i the morning lol, I have great co-workers and management is pretty fair all around
Pros
too many to explain
Positive fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAOctober 22, 2017
The positions included data entry and managing client inquiries over the phone. The culture was team driven with a focus on the customer service experience.
Operator
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington, WVOctober 16, 2017
This job is a plant job that is currently shift work, It has a lot of pros including possible getting hired on as a actual DuPont employee. all in all a good job with low pay base.
Contract Position
Senior Technical Associate III (Former Employee) –  West Point, PAAugust 24, 2017
Contract Position for Merck. But Onboard Services made it easy for me to come to work and perform the position. Great communication and nice people to work for and with.
Excellent placement for a temporary service
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 16, 2017
The management of On Board Services were efficient to provide me with the necessary tools to work as a contractor transitioning duties from the headquarters to a service center.
Poor Management, turnover ratio is high, HR is a joke,no advancement
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Archdale, NCAugust 6, 2017
HR isn't on site & hard to contact, no room to grow with company, cant keep nobody long due to ill management, PTO but has to be approved whenever they think you're less needed, HOT!!! environment w/long-sleeved fire retardant siuts, hardhat & glasses, workers not willing to train properly, double standards and have to withstand being degraded my management when something doesn't go as planned or broke down due to no maintenance facility
Pros
Get a check every 2weeks
Cons
YOU name it!
Its ok
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2017
Its a mixed culture job, Where everyone treats you good with lots of overtime. I've learned not to stress over anything. A typical day is a long day at work.
Safety oriented, fast pace work environment
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, WVJuly 20, 2017
Overall On Board has been a decent company to work for. The pay could be better considering the work we perform. I have made a lot of great friendships and met a lot of great people while working here. We had our ups and downs with management at this particular site but I think the team now is the best its been so far.
Pros
good people, lots of different opportunites
Cons
under paid for the work performed in this area.
fast paced but fun to work for
contractor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 9, 2017
all the employees where very liked by one another. management was not liked by numerous employees. the hardest part for me was working with the acid gel.the enjoyable part the job was breaks and the employees all had alot fun while performing excelent work
Little Advancement
Feeder Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington District, WVApril 3, 2017
long hours, top off pay early, no advancement. Management does not look out for employees and will replace if not working out. Forced overtime is required.
Productive and rewarding environment to work in.
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 28, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Flexible and dynamic management teams. Ability to work and easily partner with client. Opportunities to learn various business practices.
Pros
Constant shift
Cons
A great company with which to be employed
Medical Assistant/Examiner/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belle, WVMarch 9, 2017
I was contracted with On Board Services, working at Chemours Chemicals. There was never a time that I had a question unanswered. They are amazing! I would have continued to work for them forever if the position I had would have continued. They were great to try to help me get new employment.
Pros
Competive salary, and benefits
Cons
most jobs are temporary
enjoyed working all jobs, some went out of business, some lay off to much, and other jobs i left because of moving
Inspector, packer, Fill-in Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 23, 2017
Enjoyed working with most of my co-workers, liked the steady pace that i worked. did not like training some new employees, i filled-in as a group leader when group leaders were absent, liked learning new skills with company.
Pros
always had lunch breaks
Cons
health benefits were very low
good place
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILJanuary 18, 2017
very helpful and the managment is very nice and its very enjoy able to work there i learned a lot of team building skills working there and my day usually got by fast
Straight forward people.
Seasonal Worker (Forklift) (Current Employee) –  Maxton, NCDecember 21, 2016
Good people. The people writhing the company helped me understand some of the new things, (paperwork). They took ti.e out of their busy schedule to set me on the right track.
Great place to work and the mangement cares about the employees and their careers
Manager (Current Employee) –  DelawareApril 23, 2016
Fantastic company that places its employees first . Rare in today's dog eat dog world ...Ownership has high values and principles and the Leadership has been in place for ~ 20 years.
3rd Generation of family ownership has improved the business model to include construction and plant management and currently we have 2500 full time employees .
Currently the ownership is investing in Safety and Training for all its management and staff.
Pros
Good Benefits, family owned, high retention, values, treatment work from home
Cons
It needs updating
with this much bad reviews...
job seeker (Former Employee) –  job seekerJanuary 5, 2016
Who would want to work for this company???
Maybe they need to hire a different recruiter in the HR department...opps my bad, it is CR after all...there are no good quality workers around anyway.
Contract services with no job backup once a contact is ended
Executive assistant (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 25, 2015
I have been with on board for 5 months. They had a system crash in the beginning of getting my last job. I was told one year contact, called on a Friday evening to tell me " your not the right fit", however I worked very hard and represented on board very well.i was told I would be placed right away for Job loss, yet I see jobs on indeed and non money is contacting me for opportunities. I had an issue with a worker at my last contract to which I had Layed out a complaint and information on what happened and was basically told that my concerns were not valid by onboard. I do not see them trying to find me work while I have a child at home and beyond enough qualifications to work half the jobs they post.
Pros
Cons
High cost medical, non replacement, no support for concerns