On Lok Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Company
Executive Assistant to CEO (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 17, 2018
Wonderful non-profit to work for in San Francisco. I highly recommend to work here for all the benefits and vacation offered. You get sabbatical after working 10 years.
Poor pay and benefits, horrible management.
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2018
There's a long waiting period for benefits and salaries are well below par. The location was in a horrible depressing area in the tenderloin and the office was in a run down old building. Worst was the immature manager with a bad temper, who did not keep her promise for training and was then very irritated and punitive wben I did not know how to do the statistical aspects of my job. This is one place I would not wish on my worst enemy...
Pros
Cons
As above
Not Recognized for Years of Hard Work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 16, 2017
I worked at On Lok for years putting in long hours being under paid. I put in hard work and eventually was not treated well and was not recognized for my contributions. The time I spent at On Lok was okay due having great co-workers but there are sharks at the management level BEWARE!
Pros
Great hard working co-worrkers
Cons
-High responsibility coupled with poor pay -Management can be shady!
Work is great at On Lok
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 2, 2017
I did not like the way my manager handle thing or the way he talked to me. I feel I was unfairly let go. I was told the Directors complaint about me a lot but I dint have that feeling. I was doing a 2 man job on my own and no one cared.
geriatric aide and activity assist
Geriatric Aide I/ Adult Activities (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95116August 3, 2017
i work with a team of GAs at the facility center. Taking care of participants with mental and physical disabilities. I also been working with the activity therapist for 7 months now.
a good place for physicians to work
Staff Physician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 15, 2016
On Lok has a culture of caring about elders, and a team of experienced physicians who will help a new doc understand the necessary idiosyncracies of this "program of all inclusive care for the elderly." Supervisors and colleagues are understanding about individual need for some flexible scheduling & style of care differences but, given the team setting and the need to deal with an ill and underserved population, dependability and good communication is must. This is a very rewarding setting for a doc who wants to do clinical care of the elderly with strong support from a team--and a geat learning oppurtunity.
Pros
good team work, decent pay & benefits, lovely patients and colleagues
Cons
heavy workload some days, electronic med recordtakes time to learn
Great Managers, strong teamwork
Aide (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 24, 2016
Everyone works great together.
There are a lot of different backgrounds and people communicate as best as they can if they do not speak the same language.
I love the team I work with.
Dedicated, diverse staff. Progressive, ethical healthcare.
Program Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 10, 2013
Serving over 1,000 seniors and helping them stay at home with the right resources. Efficient, effective use of Medicare and Medicaid dollars. This Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly became a national model.

The management is support and hands-on without micromanagement. The hardest part of the job is many staff and and patients served are mono-lingual Chinese and Spanish-speaking. The company culture optimizes resources to make this a fascinating and effective undertaking.

Co-workers are smart and carefully selected. Physical plant is well kept and attractive. It's wonderful to work in a state-of-the art model that is taking health care for seniors into the future, of quality of life in their own homes.
Pros
Great work culture, very organized, supportive without micromanagement.
Cons
On call work distributed among a small percentage of staff