On Lok

On Lok Employee Reviews

Large company with middle management comprised of yes-people and newbies. Very indecisive in their knowledge of their work responsibilities and feel threatened when subordinates know more than they do. Very insecure individuals. Described by a veteran co-worker as a mom-and-pop organization...now I see why. Covid has shown very low competency in what needs to be done to be safe. They have been very lucky thus far that no one has gotten sick, or worse.
Pros
decent pay and benefits...serving the elderly..
Cons
zero advancement opportunity...weak supervisors...no mentoring
Organizational leadership changes made it difficult as what I was hired for went away when the hiring manager left. This changed the direction and opportunities I thought were ahead of me.
Pros
Great senior care model utilized throughout the US
Cons
Below market compensation
worst company I ever work for I wouldn’t recommend this company to any senior Don’t think about sharing your problems with HR because everybody works together
Pros
Cons
They don’t believe in giving their employees raises
If you want to work where there is a mission and where management treats you well, this is it. Management responded quickly to the COVID crisis. Even though we couldn't do our normal jobs, they made sure we were paid. They paid extra to those working in the community due to challenges. They held weekly town halls and even made calls to individuals who speak languages other than English. Management does more than any other organization I've worked for and they listen and care. My manager has been working long hours to make sure our participants are well cared for and is always available for questions. We have a strong team and we do lots of fun things together. I have recommended many friends to work here.
Caring for elderly people is hard, and the management wont make it any easier. Staff is underpaid and not treated well. Elderly are injured all the time because not enough people to watch them. Management always say they will make things better but never do it. All the good staff get bullied and pushed out by terrible staff who are friends with management. Top management never around and never support.
Benefits
Cons
No support. Not enough pay. Supervisors, managers and top management are terrible.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The company was started by someone who really wanted to help elderly people. He would turn in his grave if he saw what was going on at On Lok now. The caregivers are underpaid and overworked, the MDs (especially the Jade MD) are rude to their NPs and RNs, and the management (especially the upper management) are up at the top of the building in their offices and hanging out, doing nothing and just collect a check.
Pros
There are few staff who are there to actually help the elderly, and support one another. The benefits are okay.
Cons
Terrible treatment of staff, neglect and accidents of elderly because there’s not enough caregivers, and management do nothing but fake the work.
I was learning Risk Adjustment Coding, so I did a lot of chart review, auditing, and spreadsheets, looking for patterns of diagnoses the providers may have missed
Pros
Great benefits, nice work atmosphere, Mission Statement
Cons
THE COMMUTE !!!...and some difficulty with a coworker.
On lok provides great service to the senior community. It was a fun to work there. Everyone was very kind and helpful. On Lok has a very supportive environment. I really enjoyed working there.
Well to say the least about working here is that it's pretty good. The people you work with is good and the interaction you have with different people from different departments is good.
Overall, I like the company's mission and objectives, but I found myself consistently frustrated by the inability to fully implement the goals and objectives set forth by executive management. A significant portion of the middle management teams were incredibly resistant to change and did not want to foster a learning environment for their employees, though the company desperately needed training and development. I was regularly pushing and urging coworkers to complete basic tasks that were necessary to implement better practices and protocols, but I oftentimes felt that we were going around in circles. I did enjoy my time there and I learned a great deal though, so I would recommend the company to people.
Mission-driven non-profit serving the elderly community. It offers much-needed support for seniors. Great co-workers and offers a good work/life balance.
Caring company. Very fun. Very supportive managers. Great experience. I cherished my time there working with clients. All around wonderful place, I would go back and work there if I still lived in CA>
Love the vision and the dedication to serve seniors throughout the greater Bay Area. Work is rewarding and customer service obsessed which touches not only participants enrolled but also their families.
Compassionate interdisciplinary team that truly cares about the elderly in all aspects of life. Reasonable time to complete your work. Team members are like family.
I worked at On Lok for 12 years, and planned to retire there but relocated to another state. All the Staff are dedicated to the common goal - to serve the frail low income seniors and also seniors in the community through the 30th Street Senior Center in the mission. I was proud to be part of On Lok for so long, and loved working here and serving the Board of Directors, CEO and the San Francisco senior community.
Pros
Good benefits, nice offices, great Mission
The culture here is horrible - the mission is the best - unfortunately no one really cares about more then the reputation and the c suite have an over inflated opinion of themselves - no humility in the leadership - it's devastating to see such an important service be lead by people who don't care about their employees
I had been work there for 6years as the activity leader , my working experience was great and full of the great memories! The team is very supportive and with caring !
I feel like the team at On Lok really cares about great collaboration. I feel very appreciate in the work I do and see the care that people put in to their jobs.
On Lok cares about its Participants and cares about its employees. Collaborative work environment, passion for excellence and open to new ideas. A supportive environment which rewards for hard-work done. The company is growing and there are growth opportunities. I enjoy coming to work because I know I'm fully supported by my leadership team. We are accomplishing great things and I'm being stretched professionally in ways that will benefit my career in the longer term. In addition to the strong benefits, there is flexibility on where I do my work. I am treated like an adult and not micro-managed. The company has been around for over 40 years and provides a stability you often can't find in an employer these days. I made the jump from for-profit to non-profit and couldn't be happier. I am paid competitively and am a valuable member of the team. I am proud to tell my friends and family where I work and I'm proud of the difference my company makes in our Bay Area communities.
I do not recommend this company for these specific reasons. First, your supervisor is always right and you are always wrong. Second, you have to be a good listener, but they never listen to you. Third,Less resources , training and capacity building high expectations event in your first month. Lastly, 0-10 % job security If you want to take a huge risk, joint with them.
A very disorganized company with problems that stem from upper management. Uses benefits and scare tactics to deceive and manipulate employees. Depending on your department, you will likely be treated poorly in its repressive and toxic work culture. Head of HR is irresponsible and will not have your back.
  1. Employee Reviews