ON Semiconductor Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Got Diversity?
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2018
This company does not place value on diversity. They have global operations and respect cultural nuances though when it comes to women, the glass ceiling is a real struggle.
One of the worst places I have ever worked.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 22, 2018
Management would take talk and rumors as truth without ever investigating the statements. They would pit people against one another to try to instill DISTRUST among team members. Some of the worst interpersonal management I have ever seen.
Pros
Three and half days on and three and a half days off was nice.
Cons
Horrid, awful, evil managers.
Great place
Logistics Intern (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMay 13, 2018
I have had a great experience with ON. I have had the opportunity to apply for other jobs to further my career and have interviewed for a few positions. It does seem that the workplace is much slower than I am used to, however, I have worked very hard at my job to learn and apply skills to succeed in future employment.
Pros
Decent Hours, Friendly employees
The people are great.
Engineering Technician- Etch (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORMay 12, 2018
The people are great. Don't expect to get raises even if you consistently get above average reviews. 3% raise is about all you can expect. Health benefits are a joke.
Pros
the people you work with are friendly
Cons
Benefits.
Productive Fast Paced Environment
Security Contractor (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORMay 3, 2018
I was a in-house contractor working at ON Semiconductor and it was a great experience. My position allowed me the opportunity to interact with management on a daily basis. I can tell you that the Senior Management is full of great people who make themselves available if you have a question, concern, or problem. The environment is fast paced and can present a good challenge for you.
Nice Competitive Place to Work
Senior Mixed Signal Layout Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDApril 18, 2018
I really like working for ON Semiconductor. Diligent work is rewarded, innovation in workflow is highly encouraged, and employees are very skilled. Overall, ON has treated me very well and I am proud of the time I have worked there.
Expected to work long hours. Little reward or recognition for working long hard hours to get the job done.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2018
Company is ran similar to all other companies in the industry. It is ran very lean and employees carry a heavy workload. "If you do well at your job, then you get to do other people's jobs too!"
Nice people when I was working there.
Documentation Control Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIApril 17, 2018
The company I worked for is not longer in the same location. The production part of this company closed its doors years ago and I'm not sure how they are doing now.
Nice place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2018
Excellent Benefits. Management held quarterly meetings with all personnel. Good advancement opportunity. Had to leave because of plant closing, otherwise would have wanted to stay working
Fear Based Motivation
Principal Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDApril 13, 2018
Political Environment: Only game in town, cocky attitude, company growth by acquisition not by improvement to customer requirements, very poor forecasting capability, too far away from customer with very long lead times.
On Semiconductor, is a split off from Motorola
Lab Manager APRG (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2018
On Semiconductor, is a split off from Motorola. On Semiconductor has purchased several other companies. I would be very happy to return to On Semiconductor if an appropriate position opens.
workplace culture
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEApril 7, 2018
Culture is team based with trusting management. Expectation is workers will do what is needed to get job done. Job is challenging and rewarding. Watching revenue grow on a successful project is very rewarding.
Pros
open minded envirinment
Cons
Very aggressive schedules at times
long days not a good balance in life but good coworkers.
Operator Technician (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEApril 5, 2018
I would give a grade three over all. I would give upper management a one. I work with a engineer on a daily bases he is great always teaching me new things. The hardest part of the job is when your told to run 14 machines and then they ask why some are idle. It can be challenging when the machines are having a bad day and not working right. When machines run well and things just go well all day and my coworkers are great that's a great day.
Pros
lots of time off
Cons
can't take the time off when you want because there isn't enough people to cover.
On brought in a automated convenience store and did away vending machines. There was not cafeteria so that was a very welcome change.
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDApril 2, 2018
When we were acquired by ON I was moved from the production area and in to planning.
Planning was not something I was prepared for. and I felt as though my performance was beginning to suffer as a result.
Pros
automated convenience store
Cons
Changes in management style from Micron.
Good-ole Boy Club
IT Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2018
If you're not having drinks with the managers regularly, you're not going to advance. Also, company doesn't invest in any new technologies so your technical skills will get stale working at this place.
Pros
Slow-Paced
Cons
Pay, hostile work environment, and no new technology.
Productive and fun work place
Equipment Technician (Wire Bonding Process) (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMarch 5, 2018
Thank you for my previous company(ON SEMICONDUCTOR), I enjoy working here, very thoughtful management and human resources, nice compensation and funny employee.
Pros
OT allowance
Cons
transportation
Old Motorola was better
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2018
Culture was getting burnt out and too much politics. Promotion was based on who you knew. Total buddy system and very long hours of work. Old Motorola was better
employee treated unfairly, low wages, unprofessional management
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDFebruary 28, 2018
The company doesn't treat their employee decently. The managers have their favorites and thus are treated better or mistakes are overlooked. No positive incentives or rewards for doing a great job.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
long hours, nit-picky managers
Depends on your manager.
Mask Layout Designer (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDFebruary 17, 2018
It all depends on your manager. Had good ones and bad ones. There is a lack of info sharing because everybody is trying to maintain their value to avoid being laid off.
Very productive & interesting place to work
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2018
Working with different product lines and people associated with
Interacting with different locations and culture
Management is very friendly and helpful
Great people to work with
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
My position is a contract position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ON Semiconductor. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss