ON Semiconductor Employee Reviews

Amazing Place to Work
Fab Operator (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDDecember 17, 2018
On Semiconductor is an amazing place to work. While I worked for On Semiconductor many of my coworkers were promoted to engineering techs or to a production lead.

We worked 3 days one week and 4 days the next which offered me plenty of time with my family.

Management was fair and consistent. The only people I heard complain about the management team were the people who needed to work harder.

We got two one hour breaks which was perfect when working a 12 hour shift.

The one thing I will complain about is the amount of people I worked with that complained about everything. The only toxic environment at On Semiconductor come from the people who want more or who complain about everything. The managers need to do more to remove those people as they make things worse for everyone.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, long breaks
Cons
Negative coworkers
Wish I could give this place a negative.
Fab Operator (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, ID 83201November 18, 2018
I have worked here for nearly two years and to be honest, it has been nothing short of toxic. It's very cut-throat in an environment that is not meant to be competitive. Everyone is out for themselves. There is no team work. No relying on coworkers or management. This place lives and breathes stress and has started to effect my life outside of work. Management doesn't care about anyone. They know the workplace is toxic and do nothing to try and fix this. HR pushes the problems off and blames everyone else. They are too short staffed to get rid of the problems. Turn around is ridiculous. They constantly expect you to do the work for 3 people, and then their "thank you" is to ask for more. We come here for pay and benefits, and then find they only pay this much to try and drown out all the rest. I cannot tell you enough... Do not work here. Do not put yourself through this. It's not worth it.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Culture. Management. High turn around.
Not a fun place to work,
Manufacturing Specialist. (Former Employee) –  Gresham, Or.October 27, 2018
They do not treat their employees well. When we set records and very productive they just told us we needed to work harder because they were going to ramp things up. They provided no bonuses for records and exceeding goals. They do provide a meal once a quarter. We got told we weren't working hard enough when they did a factory slow down. They do pay insurance premiums for medical, but the deductible is very high.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits.
Cons
Culture.
Great Place to Work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain Top, PANovember 26, 2018
The Mountain Top, PA location is a great place to grow a career. The company and manager want to make sure you're in the right path to get promoted quickly. Great culture, environment, and people that work here with very low turnover. Would highly recommend as a foot in the door with a ton of room for growth.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Environment, Room for Growth
The potential is great
Technical Writer Intern (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 26, 2018
The employees often complain they have 200 to 500 emails in their email queue they don't have time to get to. Reminders have to constantly be sent out because they are so bogged down they can't get to everything. Deadlines are not always possible. The company does try to compensate by giving perks like fresh fruit, outside activities, etc. However, they only take time away from work that causes the employees to get even further behind in work. The CEO is very good about making sure employees know what is happening in the company. However, there is little if any way to move problems from the bottom up and no oversight in certain areas.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Employees are overloaded with too much
Good company and OK pay
Process Technician III (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORFebruary 15, 2019
The company is good to work for and is average for the industry. The company is competitive pay for the industry. Great vacation, sick time and holidays.
Pros
Great time off and average benefits. The pay is average for the industry
Cons
Management is not sometimes a little slow to act on issues
Management is horrible
Fab Operator (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDDecember 10, 2018
Not a bad place to work however management were idiots. Refusal to work with employees with disabilities. Advancement based on annual reviews only. Reviews based on perception by management only not actual stats managers hardly in work area to judge work performance. They hired managers from outside the fab who had no knowledge of the operators job and no knowledge of how equipment works. One manager told me I was stupid during a meeting with my peers.
Productive and organized.
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORAugust 14, 2018
High paced productive days at work. Opportunity to learn every day. Management is basic for Semiconductor. The workplace culture was very productive in a clean room environment. The hardest part of the job was working 12 hour shifts. The most enjoyable part was seeing the results of getting a productive, positive work day complete.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not located in Washington where I live.
team work and high motivation in my organization.
Senior Director & General Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 18, 2018
An ideal work place should be free of politics and biases. The typical day should includes executing the goals set by the strategic plan. In a technology related company we need to get it right, from the product definition, design, production, and design in/win process. Our day includes lots of action to be able to support our customers properly and solve their technical problems.
Pros
Freedom to run my business without micro management.
Cons
Lots of politics/red tapes slowing the progress.
Working at ON Semiconductor
Data Analysis (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 26, 2018
It's very interesting working at ON Semiconductor. It's a good company working culture where everyone is trying to contribute to the success of the company. However, some see it as loop hole not to work hard.
Pros
Respectful
Cons
Low pace
good place to work
IT Programmer Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 5, 2018
good work life balance.
good job culture too.
compensation is fair.
Job Security/Advancement is also great.
Management is friendly and responsible.
overall good place to work.
A Terrible work enviorment
MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDOctober 13, 2018
If you a hard worker this place will take advantage of that. They expect the hard workers to pick up the slack of the lazy workers but, still give the best raises to the workers who are their friends.
Pros
2 one hour breaks
Cons
Stressful environment
Lack of career advancement/ over all a good place to work with no career ambitions
Electrical Test Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJanuary 18, 2019
The hours worked for my school schedule while attending college. Career advancements were not promised but suggested. Now hours no longer fit my lifestyle and no room to advance in the company with my current degree. If you are looking for a place where the stress is low, career advancement is low, and the pay is good, then ON is the place for you.
Team environment
Sr. Facility Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORDecember 20, 2018
I enjoyed all of my time at On Semiconductor.
I would work for ON again if a position were available. The culture at ON is a happy and colorful environment and I would recommend it to anyone searching for a great place to work.
Marketing Communications Intern
Internal Communications Intern (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2019
The atmosphere is pretty depressing at times; very traditional work place. However, my personal manager was great; very flexible to work with gave excellent feedback. Compensation was great as an intern; however, not enough hours.
Productive but you need to push yourself
Research and Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 13, 2018
ON was a good company to work for but you'll need to motivate yourself at times to push forward.

The environment I worked in was smart but relaxed. They knew when they have to motivate themselves to work hard and when to relax. They're a pretty smart group of individuals.
job is challenging and fun
Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesAugust 7, 2018
Its a good place to work, Benefit and compensation are awesome. My supervisor was supportive but others as I heard are not that good. If I didn't move out to other country, I am sure, I'm still working to this company until my retirement due to old age
Pros
challenging job especially to new products
Cons
lot of demands from next prrocesses
Nice place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2018
Excellent Benefits. Management held quarterly meetings with all personnel. Good advancement opportunity. Had to leave because of plant closing, otherwise would have wanted to stay working
The people are great.
Engineering Technician- Etch (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORMay 12, 2018
The people are great. Don't expect to get raises even if you consistently get above average reviews. 3% raise is about all you can expect. Health benefits are a joke.
Pros
the people you work with are friendly
Cons
Benefits.
Old Fashioned Company
Operational Legacy ERP and Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2017
Update the site in Phoenix, modern working conditions and IT would significantly reduce waste. I think mangement need to delegate more jobs, and maybe promote their employees more often,
Pros
ON is reasonably aligned with the Semiconductor industry in terms of benefits, job independence, project funding and advancement. Work/life balance is reasonable and coworkers are welcoming.
Cons
The pace is slow. If you're used to start ups, you won't find the work here to be as engaging.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ON Semiconductor. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight