ON Semiconductor Employee Reviews

Management is horrible
Fab Operator (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDDecember 10, 2018
Not a bad place to work however management were idiots. Refusal to work with employees with disabilities. Advancement based on annual reviews only. Reviews based on perception by management only not actual stats managers hardly in work area to judge work performance. They hired managers from outside the fab who had no knowledge of the operators job and no knowledge of how equipment works. One manager told me I was stupid during a meeting with my peers.
Great Place to Work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain Top, PANovember 26, 2018
The Mountain Top, PA location is a great place to grow a career. The company and manager want to make sure you're in the right path to get promoted quickly. Great culture, environment, and people that work here with very low turnover. Would highly recommend as a foot in the door with a ton of room for growth.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, Environment, Room for Growth
Wish I could give this place a negative.
Fab Operator (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, ID 83201November 18, 2018
I have worked here for nearly two years and to be honest, it has been nothing short of toxic. It's very cut-throat in an environment that is not meant to be competitive. Everyone is out for themselves. There is no team work. No relying on coworkers or management. This place lives and breathes stress and has started to effect my life outside of work. Management doesn't care about anyone. They know the workplace is toxic and do nothing to try and fix this. HR pushes the problems off and blames everyone else. They are too short staffed to get rid of the problems. Turn around is ridiculous. They constantly expect you to do the work for 3 people, and then their "thank you" is to ask for more. We come here for pay and benefits, and then find they only pay this much to try and drown out all the rest. I cannot tell you enough... Do not work here. Do not put yourself through this. It's not worth it.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Culture. Management. High turn around.
Productive and fun workplace in on semiconductor
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  malaysiaNovember 17, 2018
Productive and fun work place.there so many things that learn in on semi conductor.and the people that sourrond in on semiconductor is friendly.The compny give all that you needs.
Pros
Free allwance and free lodging
Cons
Health card
Not a fun place to work,
Manufacturing Specialist. (Former Employee) –  Gresham, Or.October 27, 2018
They do not treat their employees well. When we set records and very productive they just told us we needed to work harder because they were going to ramp things up. They provided no bonuses for records and exceeding goals. They do provide a meal once a quarter. We got told we weren't working hard enough when they did a factory slow down. They do pay insurance premiums for medical, but the deductible is very high.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits.
Cons
Culture.
Working at ON Semiconductor
Data Analysis (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 26, 2018
It's very interesting working at ON Semiconductor. It's a good company working culture where everyone is trying to contribute to the success of the company. However, some see it as loop hole not to work hard.
Pros
Respectful
Cons
Low pace
great company to work for.
Maintenance Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Gresham, OROctober 20, 2018
I would recommend Onsemi to family and friends. Great people to work with in a casual work environment. I worked in many different departments for many different managers. no bad experiences at all.
A Terrible work enviorment
MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDOctober 13, 2018
If you a hard worker this place will take advantage of that. They expect the hard workers to pick up the slack of the lazy workers but, still give the best raises to the workers who are their friends.
Pros
2 one hour breaks
Cons
Stressful environment
Excellent Incentives
Technical Writer Intern (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 10, 2018
ON is always working to find innovative ways to keep their employees motivated and healthy. Fresh fruit deliveries and gatherings are common.

However, with purchasing various companies it is impossible to keep the technical writing and corporate documents in line. There are many inconsistencies and problems with information flow between sites.
Pros
Healthy incentives
Cons
Poor internal communication documents
Nice break room.
WAFER FABRICATION OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MESeptember 22, 2018
Lockers provided. Excellent break room facilities. Very progressive attitude towards employee needs and opinions. The company emphasizes team success.
Pros
Working environment is clean.
Cons
Clean room demands.
team work and high motivation in my organization.
Senior Director & General Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 18, 2018
An ideal work place should be free of politics and biases. The typical day should includes executing the goals set by the strategic plan. In a technology related company we need to get it right, from the product definition, design, production, and design in/win process. Our day includes lots of action to be able to support our customers properly and solve their technical problems.
Pros
Freedom to run my business without micro management.
Cons
Lots of politics/red tapes slowing the progress.
A good place to work
Quality Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 17, 2018
Excellent work enviroment with warm people. The location was beatiful and being one of the oldest sites to have a front end fab, it gives you an historic feeling with a sense of responsibility of building on where you are.
Overall good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDAugust 22, 2018
Overall good place to work.
Learned a great deal about Quality and Customer service.
Small town location in Idaho is limiting.
Workplace culture is good. Focus on Safety and Quality is good.
Good
Engineer (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaAugust 20, 2018
Good working environment friendly and helpful staffs and
willing to help out in case of emergency and also good benefits.
Have wonderful GM and also the family day celebration is wonderful
Pros
everything is good
Fast Paced individual work
Desk side Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORAugust 17, 2018
During my internship there, it didn't seem like anyone wanted to take the time to teach the interns. I had to really insert myself into the work environment and find things to do to fill the time and be productive. As an intern, I had no idea what everyone was doing and no one wanted to explain or even give me a job to do. I just observed and found ways to help. Eventually they gave me the responsibility to wipe hard drives correctly for disposal.

Must be a go getter to work at this company. even for beginners.
Productive and organized.
Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORAugust 14, 2018
High paced productive days at work. Opportunity to learn every day. Management is basic for Semiconductor. The workplace culture was very productive in a clean room environment. The hardest part of the job was working 12 hour shifts. The most enjoyable part was seeing the results of getting a productive, positive work day complete.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not located in Washington where I live.
job is challenging and fun
Equipment Engineer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesAugust 7, 2018
Its a good place to work, Benefit and compensation are awesome. My supervisor was supportive but others as I heard are not that good. If I didn't move out to other country, I am sure, I'm still working to this company until my retirement due to old age
Pros
challenging job especially to new products
Cons
lot of demands from next prrocesses
My time at ON was only within the first two years after separating from Motorola
Analog Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2018
The short time I as at ON after they separated from Motorola was an enjoyable experience. The projects were challenging and interesting and autonomy in the decision making process regarding the details of concept and execution was encouraged.
systematic same pace all the time
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 16, 2018
If you're looking to stay in the same position for 30 plus years doing the same thing for 12 hour shifts with decent pay then this is the perfect job for you.
Management is awful
Operations (Former Employee) –  OregonJuly 12, 2018
Bad management, lots of bs, coworkers are nice and sometimes mean. Overall a good job to pass the time and better opportunities, dont stay here, give up.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ON Semiconductor. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight