On Time Delivery Service, Inc. Employee Reviews

I would never advise anyone to work for them!
Dock truck driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 19, 2019
I’ve work for this company for just about 2 years , at first it seems ok, then after the first year, they slowly make you sign all these other contracts and make to work weekends, which was never part of the deal. They give you a phone for work which is a smart phone, bill you for the service 79.95 every check. Plus the app for work that you use cashes other the time and needs to be rebooted all the time. The Commission fees for work is only 64%. When you get paid, you have no way of know where or what your paying for, as truck fees or other fees..
it is what it is nothing more and nothing less
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 31, 2018
it is what it is and nothing more. you know what you are walking into and that is that. no one will go out of there way to help you. So once again IT IS WHAT IT IS
I enjoy working for the company. It is relaxed but fast paced. The independence of driving is fun.
Driver (Current Employee) –  From homeSeptember 13, 2018
A typical day is starting from your home and logging in to the system. Then you start delivering. The freedom to listen to the radio and be your own boss is enticing and gratifying. I'm on commission so I can work hard and smart earning money on each delivery. The management is supportive and guides you as much as possible. The culture is professional and fun. The hardest part is fighting through traffic but you learn shortcuts as you become experienced.
Pros
independence and being on the road.
Cons
No benefits and rush hour.
Straight up LIED about our agreement.
Sprinter Van Courier (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 25, 2018
When I first started here I told them I would not be able to start until 7:30 a.m. every day so that I could drop my son off at school. They agreed to this and I would run from 7:30 in the morning until 5:30 or so at night. After about two months of working there the manager called me at the end of my shift and told me they were ending my contract because I was "showing up late". I told him I show up on time every morning and he said he was unaware that his reps had agreed to have me start at that time and that I wasn't getting enough hours in.

Apparently 10+ hours a day was not enough for them. Flexible hours my behind.

I was given no talking to about possibly changing up my hours or figuring out a way to make it work, instead I was abruptly terminated. I ran my behind off and did all tasks that were asked of me.

$800 a month to lease the vehicle
$150 for a phone (Garbage, my Samsung S8+ costs that much...)
$150 for insurance
Countless hundreds for gas expenditures (probably around $1k a month or more) and then they have you running a giant van to pick up a medical sample to run across town that maybe earns you $7 bucks when I had the capability to run multiple pallets instead. They will tell you they have tons of work but they don't, it's mostly running medical packages for low wages.

Don't waste your time and don't believe these positive reviews. From the other employees I talked to their turnover rate of workers is HIGH and people don't last long. I wouldn't be surprised at all if all the positive reviews on here were from fake accounts they set up themselves.
  more...

Dispatchers would act annoyed any time I ever contacted them about questions. Poor communication. I could run a load at 3:30pm then sit there until 5pm so I would just clock out and leave... or you can waste your time running the tiny medical samples for $7 from St. Paul to Blaine.

At the end of the day you might be making under $10 an hour and working 10+ hours days and that's before taxes at the end of the year.

I would never recommend these liars to anyone.

Go get a job at Burger King for $15 an hour and you could make more money and not have to work 10+ hours a day. You pay them to work for them. Garbage.
Pros
Park at home, if you lease through them.
Cons
No breaks. They lie about earning potential. Poor communication.
Official response from On Time Delivery Service, Inc.
September 13, 2018

We offer Independent Contractors the opportunity to lease from us when they do not have their own vehicle or prefer not to use their personal vehicle. Many drivers have been successful in this program.

The hours we recommend are crucial to your success. We strive to provide clear communication around our leasing program, earnings and hours.

Remember, your earnings as an Independent Contractor are 100% up to you, however if drivers are consistently missing work or not working a full day it will negatively affect your earning potential.

It is unfortunate that the Independent Contracting position was not a good fit for you or your schedule. We wish you the best of luck in the future.

$40,000 A Year - HaHaHaHa
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 1, 2018
$40,000 A Year is a farce! 3+ years and I never cracked it.
50+ (at least) hours a week.
You will have to pay insurance - commercial), phone cost (required), uniform (required), signage for your vehicle, (permanent sticker, (required)) ,etc.
1000+ miles a week in the minimum you'll drive. Gas and mileage will take its toll on your vehicle.
$600-700 month in expenses is average, depending on your mileage. That's not including what other maintenance you will incur. Tires might last you a year.
Expected to work late in the night, deal with extended down time when there is no work and fight for time off. At the end of the day you could be anywhere and often faced with an hour plus, non deductible mileage, drive home.
Loyalty from management and dispatchers is non-existent. They are only interested in having bodies on the street to carry them thru the busy times - early in the morning and late in the day.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY!!!
Bad bad bad.
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 30, 2018
When you work at On-Time, you can expect low pay and long hours, to drive your car into the ground, pay hundreds a month for commercial insurance and be treated poorly by managers and dispatchers. The only good thing is that for most of the day you can sit in your car alone and listen to the radio. I actually lost money working at this job. Not recommended.
Dont care about drivers just the money they make off drivers!!
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 28, 2017
If you like too make $12.00 a hour and beat your vehicle to death this is the place!!!worked at this company for fifteen years and every year same thing said, next year you will make more money to no avail!!
Pros
New things everyday!
Cons
Bad management
Not worth your time
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 9, 2017
After you figure all the expenses that go with being an independent contractor it's not worth it at all. Some days are hectic and some you sit and wait. Find a job that pays 15$ an hour with benefits and you will be much better off. The salary potential advertised is highly inflated.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Pay, no benefits
contractor
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 13, 2017
Do not work for this company they will not give you any work. STAY AWAY!! If you lease a truck from them you will get lots of work.Even if you lease a truck you will still not make any money. leasing a truck is designed to benefit the company. oh and you have to find parking for your truck which they dont tell you that. Its all lies.
Pros
No money
Cons
No money
Only a estimate of what you make.
Courier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 27, 2016
You are expected to log in and out at a certain time Mon-Fri even though they make your schedule. I did not make enough money to justify wear and two oil changes per month. The money you make is an estimate and work is scares after a certain time in the day. You have to pay a large fee per month for the required phone they loan you to recieve work. I worked 12 hours a day for a weekly check I could earn 8 hours per day. 15 an hour.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Sort of at your expense in the end.
no better courier company to work for than On Time Delivery
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 23, 2016
I have been a driver at On Time for 15 years. I worked at three other companies and On Time is by far the best company I have worked for. On Time is an honest and transparent company; they never hide numbers and are up front about prices for all deliveries. I am an immigrant from another country and On Time management has never treated me differently due to my language or cultural barriers, instead they have treated me the same way they treat everyone else in the company, with respect and integrity. I could not be more grateful to Tim and Jody for their support and countless opportunities to succeed; they are the reason I am financially stable and successful. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
you can choose your own schedule and manage your own time
Cons
as an independent contractor benefits are not provided
Amazing company!!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 18, 2016
If you have or had experience in the courier industry and are looking for a great company then check out on time delivery. I have been with on time for 7 months, but in the courier industry for 20 years. I can honestly say I have never been happier with a company like I am today. On time takes care of the drivers as well as the customers in the best way I have ever experienced. The dispatch is amazing and always keeps you busy. Customer service is always helpful and on task. Management and ownership cares and always supports and takes care of all staff, drivers and customers. I am very proud to share this review and welcome all professional couriers interested in a job to check on time out.
Pros
Good pay and many unique opportunities
Experienced Driver
independent contractor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2016
I have worked here for a long time, if you are a good person and a hard worker, this company is a great place to work. On Time is a small enough company to know all the Driver's names, but big enough to compete with the bigger companies in this business and make us money!
Pros
Time flys by, fuel prices are low, Listen to the Radio all day!!!
Flexible and Fast Paced
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 25, 2016
On Time Delivery offers a wonderful work environment in a fast paced business. The harder you work the more you're able to make. In comparison to other courier jobs locally it's above and beyond.
Recommended for hard working, independent thinkers that want to make money.
Pros
Independence and fast paced
IC for 10 years now
Delivery Driver (Owner Operator) (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 25, 2016
I've been working with On Time Delivery Service in MN for over 10 years now. I was with a couple different courier companies in the past and wasn't able to bring in the kind of money that I can with On Time Delivery. The work has always been consistent and they treat their IC's well.
Pros
Good company to contract with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at On Time Delivery Service, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6