On Time Medical Transportation Employee Reviews in Roselle, NJ

Nice
Assistant Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJAugust 18, 2019
On Time is a good place to work at. I was in college while I was here and worked part time to earn some extra money to pay for groceries. On Time was great in helping me out in that aspect of my life at the time.
OK if you are just getting into the industry
EMT (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJJanuary 20, 2019
Field staff typically rushed out of the door first thing in the morning. Over worked by the dispatch/scheduling due to call outs/low staffing
Most of the managers only care about $$. Some of them actually cared about the employees/patients.
The supervisors are great, they cared a lot about the staff.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, great way to hone your documentation, nice equipment most of the time
Cons
held late frequently, minimal raises, low salary for experienced people
Great place to grow!
Manager, EMT (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJJanuary 15, 2019
I started off my time at On Time looking for a chance to get out of my old job and into something more stable. I never thought that I would have the opportunity given to be able to learn and grow the way that I have. Showing interest to management in new opportunities as they arose really became a better opportunity than even my time at school as I was able to analyze whether or not I truly enjoyed something before diving too far into the task. I am very grateful for the opportunity to strengthen my critical thinking skills as well as learn the ins and outs of medical transportation. Overall, a great company to work for if this is what you're looking for!
Pros
growth opportunity, EMT tuition reimbursement, incentive programs
EMT-B (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJApril 1, 2018
Work load varied from day to day. working here helped me become a better emt because of the different call types. Management was great but communication lacked when it came to scheduled hours. I mainly worked with happy employees and the hardest part about the job was dealing with the weather. I enjoyed providing great service to our regular patients.
Pros
helping the public
Cons
low wages
OK as a starting job
Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJJanuary 16, 2018
Was great as a starting job. Enjoyable work and I was able to help people. I dont see it as a good long term job in this economy, but it was great while I was there.
Good workplace
Critical Care Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJJanuary 14, 2018
I had worked in On Time Ambulance for 3 years, no raise and no differentials. Co-workers are very nice and friendly. Poor management with a high turnover rate
Pros
Pleasant co-workers, good equipments and trucks.
Cons
Poor management, no raises, no differentials, poor benefit
Decent place to work
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJJanuary 1, 2018
Hire new and experienced EMTs, MAVTs, and CDL drivers. Fair chance of promotion as they try to promote from within. Managers tend to micro manage. Paid bi-weekly and bonuses for staying late.
Pros
bonus for late jobs
Cons
raises....they dont exist
Interesting place with interesting people
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJDecember 11, 2017
Management was iffy but the employees were all incredible at what they did and as people. The were times where everything ran really smoothly and other times.
Best transport company
Station Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJDecember 7, 2017
Ive worked at On Time for a little over a year now at our roselle location. I started out as an EMT and was recently promoted to station supervisor. Not only is it a fun place to work but the people really make it worth the while. They really do recognize your hard work and you get plenty of incentives for the work you put in. Even the owner of the company makes himself available for those who wish to speak to him. The schedule is flexible, the equipment is great, PLENTY of room for advancement. It really is a great place to work.
Pros
the people, equipment, scheduling, room for advancement
Cons
the benefits can be a little better
Great place to start a career and move up the ladder.
Director, Communications and Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJDecember 6, 2017
I started at On Time several years ago as an EMT and enjoyed my job as an EMT. Since then, I have been promoted several times. On Time is all about promotion from within and there are tons of opportunities. They reward hard work and dedication. The owner loves his company and wants it and all of his employees to succeed. The equipment is up-to-date (a whole fleet of Stryker power stretchers is a good example) and new vehicles are on the way all of the time. If you are someone who wants to work in a good environment and have opportunities to advance your career, this is a good place to go.
Pros
Advancement opportunity, many shifts available
Worst Place to Work
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJDecember 1, 2017
Have met some amazing employees within my two years of employment. Yet we all share the same concerns.... Poor management, low pay, unrealistic expectations to pick up patients, and low morale. I would recommend working at Wendy's.
Pros
Met some cool people
Cons
Terrible management and poor morale
A Great Family of coworkers
Employee (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJSeptember 8, 2017
On Time is a good company to start off your career in medical transportation/ems. Every stretcher is a powerload! They have some older trucks but are replacing them with all brand new boxes!
Pros
Coworkers, equipment
Cons
Busy at times
It used to be a good place to work .
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJMay 31, 2016
Used to be a good place to work but things have drastically changed. I have been working there for 3 years and no raise whatsoever. At least you could have scored overtime but now forget it the new managment put a total stop to overtime. They always complain they are not making enough money even though they have jobs everywhere. They put themselves like they are a cut above the rest dont be fooled they have now become a total unorganized joke of a company. Be aware they will show you all there nice toys they have keep that in mind when you get your low pay no overtime and no raise to speak off. Good parts are the company is easier on the back because of the equipment some positives. Of course you still have to deal with a lying HR that will give you a ridiculous schedule and will not work with you. You also have to deal with backstabbing managment that will smile in your face but try to kick you out if you are not buddy buddy with them . You do have nice co workers but all want to leave because if you are nice you get taken advantage of. So if you like working with nice equipment with the cost of no raise this is the job for you. One last thing the facilities have now thought of ontime as some sort of joke in the field now. How the mighty have fallen
Pros
Good people
Cons
No raise, bad managment, cheap company
bad place to work
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJSeptember 29, 2015
bad place to work. management is selfish. Youll never get out of work on time. no lunch breaks. Lucky if you got to eat in a 12hr shift.
Cons
no lunch break even with 12 hours of work or more
fun workplace
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJNovember 5, 2013
great company, honest surroundings great employee moral.
a very busy company
Billing and Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJSeptember 12, 2013
to work well with other, managment is ivery helpfull, gey along well with co=workers, is can be ovwe whelming to meet deadlines, lucheons and birhtdays
Stressful environment
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJAugust 21, 2013
Interacting with field associates (drivers/EMTs), tracking certifications, entering personal data, enrolling employees for benefits. Management is bottom line focused. Co-workers pleasant but frustrated. The job is not hard, tedious at times, but not hard. The most pleasant part of the job is interacting with the employees.
Pros
Lower medical premiums for employees on the job 5+ years.
Cons
Stressful environment, low morale.
Steer clear bad work practices and favoritism (I am a previous employee, trust me I know...)
EMT (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJNovember 2, 2012
READ IT ALL, YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID.

At first the place seems a legitimate enjoyable company to work for, during training they are pleasant. Once you get hired things change, people start to become rude (human resources) and the scheduling is worked out to keep you from getting benefits:

1. you have to bid on shifts- there is no set schedule, so you have to bid on the days and hours you want to work. Every week you have to wait for an email letting you know if you have even received a handout shift, while all the favorites get exactly what they want. Some weeks you may not even get a shift. The fact that you never get to have a full time work week means THEY DON'T GIVE YOU HEALTH BENEFITS! They are supposed to kick off after 6 mos. but they can pull up the fact that since you haven't gotten approved for the shifts you bid on to equal full time status, they aren't required to give anything to you.

2. The policy on the shift bidding is a joke. The basis of getting shifts is "that they like working with you" it isn't said on those terms directly but a rose is still a rose by any other name.

3. Be ready to chase your paycheck, yes if you aren't meticulously watching your pay stubs- be prepared to be jiffed, and when you try to resolve it be prepared to wait and have people dismiss you.

How was I supposed to uphold my household on a job that doesn't even guarantee that I can work to pay my bills or even have healthcare so when I bust MY back from lifting heavy patients and dealing with people with contagious sickness, etc go to a hospital unless I have charity care!?

They said
  more... the shift bidding is "to get the bottom of the crop to quit" I call it unfair business practice. No wonder they have profit, they save it from the healthcare they don't provide unless you're liked and approved at shift bids that run EBAY style!

And no I wasn't a bad employee, I quit because they even fire people and once they need them they call and beg to hire them right back, as if you are a commodity not a human that needs to survive.

Spare yourself. I know you may think I may be lying but nope, I am being honest, I left with disgust. I have never had a company treat me like that.

a lot of people are nice, but the company ethics, rules, and operations are horrible.
Pros
free mini area with coffee and some other goodies, not worth it though.
Cons
bidding on shifts, no actual tangible schedule, they manipulate hours so you can't get health benefits