On Time Medical Transportation Pay & Benefits reviews

OK if you are just getting into the industry
EMT (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJJanuary 20, 2019
Field staff typically rushed out of the door first thing in the morning. Over worked by the dispatch/scheduling due to call outs/low staffing
Most of the managers only care about $$. Some of them actually cared about the employees/patients.
The supervisors are great, they cared a lot about the staff.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, great way to hone your documentation, nice equipment most of the time
Cons
held late frequently, minimal raises, low salary for experienced people
Ask questions before you apply!!
Medical transporter/ School bus driver (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor City, NJOctober 8, 2018
This is a great job if you are a caring person. This is a great job if you are looking for advancement. This is not a good fit if you expect holiday pay or paid time off. Your paid time off is ALSO your vacation pay. (After 1 year) If you have a sick day you will be using your VACATION PAY. This is not a good fit if you expect to be paid for any CPR or classes as such. This is a good job if you like to work independently.
Pros
New vans
Cons
Vacation pay is not technically for vacation, No holiday pay, No bonuses, Very expensive health insurance
OK as a starting job
Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJJanuary 16, 2018
Was great as a starting job. Enjoyable work and I was able to help people. I dont see it as a good long term job in this economy, but it was great while I was there.
Decent place to work
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJJanuary 1, 2018
Hire new and experienced EMTs, MAVTs, and CDL drivers. Fair chance of promotion as they try to promote from within. Managers tend to micro manage. Paid bi-weekly and bonuses for staying late.
Pros
bonus for late jobs
Cons
raises....they dont exist
Best transport company
Station Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJDecember 7, 2017
Ive worked at On Time for a little over a year now at our roselle location. I started out as an EMT and was recently promoted to station supervisor. Not only is it a fun place to work but the people really make it worth the while. They really do recognize your hard work and you get plenty of incentives for the work you put in. Even the owner of the company makes himself available for those who wish to speak to him. The schedule is flexible, the equipment is great, PLENTY of room for advancement. It really is a great place to work.
Pros
the people, equipment, scheduling, room for advancement
Cons
the benefits can be a little better
It used to be a good place to work .
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJMay 31, 2016
Used to be a good place to work but things have drastically changed. I have been working there for 3 years and no raise whatsoever. At least you could have scored overtime but now forget it the new managment put a total stop to overtime. They always complain they are not making enough money even though they have jobs everywhere. They put themselves like they are a cut above the rest dont be fooled they have now become a total unorganized joke of a company. Be aware they will show you all there nice toys they have keep that in mind when you get your low pay no overtime and no raise to speak off. Good parts are the company is easier on the back because of the equipment some positives. Of course you still have to deal with a lying HR that will give you a ridiculous schedule and will not work with you. You also have to deal with backstabbing managment that will smile in your face but try to kick you out if you are not buddy buddy with them . You do have nice co workers but all want to leave because if you are nice you get taken advantage of. So if you like working with nice equipment with the cost of no raise this is the job for you. One last thing the facilities have now thought of ontime as some sort of joke in the field now. How the mighty have fallen
Pros
Good people
Cons
No raise, bad managment, cheap company
bad place to work
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJSeptember 29, 2015
bad place to work. management is selfish. Youll never get out of work on time. no lunch breaks. Lucky if you got to eat in a 12hr shift.
Cons
no lunch break even with 12 hours of work or more
Scheduling
EMT (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJuly 16, 2014
scheduling says they are flexible but arent. They change your schedule constantly
Pros
good equipment
Cons
101 times your scheduled will be changed
Stressful environment
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roselle, NJAugust 21, 2013
Interacting with field associates (drivers/EMTs), tracking certifications, entering personal data, enrolling employees for benefits. Management is bottom line focused. Co-workers pleasant but frustrated. The job is not hard, tedious at times, but not hard. The most pleasant part of the job is interacting with the employees.
Pros
Lower medical premiums for employees on the job 5+ years.
Cons
Stressful environment, low morale.
Steer clear bad work practices and favoritism (I am a previous employee, trust me I know...)
EMT (Former Employee) –  Roselle, NJNovember 2, 2012
READ IT ALL, YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID.

At first the place seems a legitimate enjoyable company to work for, during training they are pleasant. Once you get hired things change, people start to become rude (human resources) and the scheduling is worked out to keep you from getting benefits:

1. you have to bid on shifts- there is no set schedule, so you have to bid on the days and hours you want to work. Every week you have to wait for an email letting you know if you have even received a handout shift, while all the favorites get exactly what they want. Some weeks you may not even get a shift. The fact that you never get to have a full time work week means THEY DON'T GIVE YOU HEALTH BENEFITS! They are supposed to kick off after 6 mos. but they can pull up the fact that since you haven't gotten approved for the shifts you bid on to equal full time status, they aren't required to give anything to you.

2. The policy on the shift bidding is a joke. The basis of getting shifts is "that they like working with you" it isn't said on those terms directly but a rose is still a rose by any other name.

3. Be ready to chase your paycheck, yes if you aren't meticulously watching your pay stubs- be prepared to be jiffed, and when you try to resolve it be prepared to wait and have people dismiss you.

How was I supposed to uphold my household on a job that doesn't even guarantee that I can work to pay my bills or even have healthcare so when I bust MY back from lifting heavy patients and dealing with people with contagious sickness, etc go to a hospital unless I have charity care!?

They said
  more... the shift bidding is "to get the bottom of the crop to quit" I call it unfair business practice. No wonder they have profit, they save it from the healthcare they don't provide unless you're liked and approved at shift bids that run EBAY style!

And no I wasn't a bad employee, I quit because they even fire people and once they need them they call and beg to hire them right back, as if you are a commodity not a human that needs to survive.

Spare yourself. I know you may think I may be lying but nope, I am being honest, I left with disgust. I have never had a company treat me like that.

a lot of people are nice, but the company ethics, rules, and operations are horrible.
Pros
free mini area with coffee and some other goodies, not worth it though.
Cons
bidding on shifts, no actual tangible schedule, they manipulate hours so you can't get health benefits
Great long term opportunity
Medical Driver/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Trenton,NJApril 16, 2012
Very long work hrs, you never know where you are gonna go on a daily basis, Long hrs spent on the road.