On the Border Mexican Grill and Cantina Employee Reviews in Oklahoma City, OK

Garbage
Employee (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2019
Garbage place for garbage people. Never staffed enough. No communication between management and employees. Too many changes on company mission and goals.
Official response from On the Border Mexican Grill and Cantina
May 28, 2019

Thank you for your honest feedback. We shared your feedback with the Leadership team for this restaurant, it will help us get better.

Official response from On the Border Mexican Grill and Cantina
May 28, 2019

Thank you for the honest feedback. We shared your review with the Area Manager and Regional Director for this restaurant. Your feedback will help us get better.

Fast pace workplace with interactive staff
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 17, 2019
Great atmosphere and management. Opportunities to move from hostess to server to bartender. Training available as well as quarterly reports on employees. Awesome culture that loves to celebrate celebratory holidays.
It was a very fast-paced environment
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 6, 2018
I would greet guests and serve them with efficient but tasty food. I would handle various typed of payment, and clean up after people. I learned how to be in a very fast-paced environment and deal with people that were not very happy with their food sometimes.
Fun enviroment
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 8, 2017
Managers are very supportive. Stay busy good tips, decent hours, lack of communication, too many teenagers, some supportive staff, training lacks a lot as well
Fun, positive, and hands on work environment.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 17, 2017
Coming to work and having the opportunity to engage with guest was the best part of my day. I would expect to interact with new faces and friendly regulars. Being able to make a guest day better was all well worth it. I learned to be not just an efficient worker but a better person. Listening to each individual and attending to their needs. The management has always done their best to accommodate to my needs as well as others. On the Border has been the biggest work family I've ever had. We look out for one another. Some days would be more difficult than others. The hardest part would be to accept I am just one person with two hands. Other than the obstacles that would conjure, being able to go home with a smile on my face made it the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
All you can eat chips and salsa
Cons
no healthcare, inconsistency in pay
Productive and Great environment to work in.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 27, 2016
A day at work would consist of me serving a variety of different people and making sure that everyone who sat at my tables left pleased and satisfied with the food and the service. I would also help any co workers who needed help with anything. Everyone helped everyone here, no one was ever left out or mistreated and that was my favorite part of the place.
Pros
Meeting New people. Great food.
Great Place
Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 20, 2016
Food was great for tex mex. The staff was always willing to help when needed as is the case for most restaurants. The kitchen was always on top of the orders and there was great support from the management staff.
Fun work community.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 25, 2016
Working at OTB was a fun opportunity. I had the chance to work with some great managers. Also, you are capable of meeting many interesting guests. I would recommend this job for out going individuals.
fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 23, 2016
gets very busy at times and you have to be able to move quickly. Management was really hard on certain people and played favortism
Unorganized, micro managing, and terrible management!
bartender (Former Employee) –  oklahoma cityJune 10, 2015
for the sake of your happiness do not work here. The managers are terrible! Only criticism no appreciation! They would rather micromanage than help during a rush. Inappropriate and sexist to the extreme!
Pros
No benefits
Enjoable Work Environment
server, bartender, and caterer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 18, 2015
Typical restaurant job with managers that understood certain needs and were willing to help me reach my goals inside and outside of this specific job,
busy medical facility
Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 8, 2014
all over metro Oklahoma city, different locations, enjoyed making patients feel better. x ray and blood drawn
Pros
hr lunch
Cons
too see patients hurting