On The Border Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 17, 2018
it was a fun place to work. I felt like I was paid fairly or how many hours I worked and got along with most of the employees. I left because I felt like I wanted to do more than just work in the food service industry but other than that it was a great place to work.
Pros
fun enviorement
Cons
long work hours
Great Place to work
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2018
I have always loved this company! There are tons of learning experience to gain from working here. It is upbeat and fun for the team members and managers down to the guests!
Pros
Fun and active
Cons
Quality of life could be better
fast paced enviroment, productive work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJanuary 12, 2018
I enjoyed my time there, was able to meet people, make tips and learn a lot about being in the server and also the restaurant industry. Also helped me keep my customer service skills on check.
It was a very fast-paced environment
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 6, 2018
I would greet guests and serve them with efficient but tasty food. I would handle various typed of payment, and clean up after people. I learned how to be in a very fast-paced environment and deal with people that were not very happy with their food sometimes.
Wonderful place to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 5, 2018
I've been with this company for nearly 6 years. This place feels like home and my co-workers feel like family. The management is generally very cooperative and is willing to step up and run the floor in a pinch.
Pros
Great management, discounted food, great people
fun fast paced workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 4, 2018
fun environment. losts of smiles and warm greetings. servers stand offish at first but warmed up in time.Hours were very messy. lot of split shifts and didnt get off times scheduled. sometimes earlier sometimes later
Pros
free drinkls
Cons
hours
Flexible Schedule
Server (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 27, 2017
I had certain hours I needed to work and if I needed additional hours I could work for someone else. They were often shorthanded and nobody really wanted to work anyway so it was easy to get extra hours if you wanted them. It was just difficult to get wages typical of serving at a chain restaurant.
Pros
Food discount
Cons
Ratio of wages to work was too small.
No opportunity to grow in the company
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYDecember 26, 2017
The company gives you no room to go up within the company. It is a subpar job. The pay is little and there is no raises given. The institution is very poorly managed.
Workplace
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2017
Great place to work if you really word hard and diligently. The money is good and great location. It does tend to get stressful at times but that's just the nature of the restaurant business.
It is fast paced.
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 30, 2017
It is a fast paced environment so do not go there if what you are looking for is a slow job. The GM is the only manager any one has a problem with. Stressful job.
Pros
Half off food.
Cons
No scheduled time off, sometimes no breaks.
n/a
Cook (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLNovember 20, 2017
working at on the border is very stressful. Even thought you may not make a good amount of hours, your time there will be fast paced. Sometimes the servers mess up and it sets us as cooks back.
Fun Upbeat place to work
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARNovember 13, 2017
A typical day at work was making floor plans checking in produce making sure we were ecosure ready running the floor once the doors opened or getting on the line to help the cocineros. I learned about food cost alcohol cost avt. openning and closing duties of the restuarant. Hardest part of becoming a service manger at on the border was managing the same people i was on the same level as until i got promoted. The most enjoyable part was the people i worked with and the upbeat and fun atmosphere.
good company
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 12, 2017
On The Border was a good company to work for, learned a lot from them. The company had good benefits, good balance of work and the ability to have a life.
Great Place
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 9, 2017
I loved working there and would recommend to anybody. The management is very nice and are willing to help with anything that is needed. It is like one big happy family.
I was a server...
Server (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 8, 2017
I would help prep food and serve my tables. I feel I did a pretty good job with my tables, but then again, I was the server. I didn't get complaints very often...
Pros
discounted food
Cons
on my feet all day
Fun enviroment
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 8, 2017
Managers are very supportive. Stay busy good tips, decent hours, lack of communication, too many teenagers, some supportive staff, training lacks a lot as well
Great food and people
server and bartender (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 7, 2017
I miss this place and the staff is very friendly .... Great managers and the food/drinks are amazing.....Cinco de mayo is freaking nuts to work ,but is something every server or bartender needs to see in person lol
Pros
Lunch rush goes really fast and good money
Cons
To go gets crazy during week
Overworked and negative
manager (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 7, 2017
have no home life, work an hourly position along with managing, and still get negative feedback because you didn't hit an unrealistic labor goal. They hire upper management from outside the company instead of promoting from within to deserving applicants.
Fun and Productive workplace
Shift Leader/ Togo (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76137October 26, 2017
At On the Border we grew as a family! Coming to work wasn't a drag. We had busy days and still worked amazing with on another! Management was amazing, and it was very easy to move up in the company.
Pros
Free lunches, a lot of hours
Cons
loss of hours
Great place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 24, 2017
Typical day was preparing for my shift and making sure all of the previous sidework was complete. I then talked to my manager to get any information that would be relevant for my shift.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at On The Border. Our community is ready to answer.