ONE Gas Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Toxic
Dog (Former Employee) –  OkahomaAugust 14, 2018
If you want someone telling you how to do a job they have no idea how to do themselves then this is the place for you. Behavior based nonsense instead of knowledge. Just be a good talker and you can go far. Horrible manager in the area I worked that questioned everything that was done instead of commending a job well done. Always told to call out management but in the end you were the one feeling stupid because you were ganged up on. Wasted so much time here and with people who will not help you out. Should never have to worry about job security when you do everything right, most days I walked in feeling I was going to be fired by a baffoon who knew nothing but numbers and was a yes man. Working on going completely electric just to make my point . I woke up so happy the day after I walked out. Interview the next day at a place that genuinely cares about people even though I was the foreigner in the office. 50% pay cut but so worth it. One of 30 people from ONG actually called to check on me. Go be a b!tch if you want, wasn’t for me anymore. Never would have worked there had I known how it would end.
Cons
Poor uneducated smooth talking managers.
Collaboration
SR BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 7, 2018
I can say that the collaboration between IT and the business was extremely effective. We engaged in numerous projects and implementations to enhance the customer experience
Pros
Effective cross-functional engagement
Cons
ONEGas was a solid company to work for
Excellent benefits
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 16, 2018
ONE Gas is a great place to work with great benefits. They have and are developing a strong culture and encourage growth within the company. ONE Gas cares about their people.
Great Place to Work
GIS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 21, 2018
The management is laid back and hands off and the environment is easy going. The pay is nice for the amount of workload that you have and the company is always willing to promote from within.
Great working group
CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 4, 2018
Great working group of people, but no room for advancement. People are kind. The workers are friendly. Sadly this is a long term temp job. No holiday pay. No vacation.
Pros
Great work group.
Cons
no room for advancement
Stable work environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 2, 2018
Overall good place to work. Very stable industry. Most of management provides an acceptable work place. Work life balance is sometimes sacrificed, but that is part of the industry.
Very relaxed, but limited experience
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 18, 2018
My experience was limited to the Oklahoma Natural Gas office. I was only there for 6 months. The atmosphere was very relaxed. Almost too relaxed really. You have lots of freedom, but HR would have a heart attack visiting. I hear the downtown is very different, but never experienced it. They don't seem to ever offer permanent employment to contractors.
Pros
Laid back and little to no pressure
Cons
Lack of structure/discipline. Won't offer contractors permanent positions.
na
Customer Service Inbound Rep IV (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 10, 2018
good company to work for as far as perks but we are underpaid for all the work we do. but you get plenty of sick and vacation but it goes quick because its so stressful to be there
OneGas
CONTRACTOR (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 10, 2018
On a typical day, I worked quietly by myself in which I did my job without much supervision, so long as I showed results. I learned how to work the various programs such as GIS Mapping, SLIM/OPS, Banner, Maximo, and ONEMap. The culture is quiet but laid back. The most difficult part of the job is that it is extremely repetitive. The most enjoyable part of the job that I can come in and do my work without much supervision and yet see that I am actually making a major difference.
Pros
Easy to learn programs and complete the work
Cons
No room for advancement, no health or retirement benefits.
Poor management, had favorites, bullied others, stressful, unfair,
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 6, 2018
If the management liked you, they would leave you alone, if you ever questioned their decisions, you were put on their bad boy list, once on their "Hit list" they would stay on you and try to find any small infraction to write you up. Constantly singling you out from the pack to get you for anything and everything. Worst place in town to work. It used to be a great place to work, they really used to care about their employes. New management took over a little over a year ago and they don,t give a hoot about anyone. If you have worked there longer than them, They are out to get you. Many older employees retired early before the new management got they. Some smart ones transferred out. Very, very toxic place to work. Ask anyone working there.
Benefits
Cons
Toxic environment, poor bias management showing favoritism, no future
Gis tech
Sr. Office Specialist/ Staffing & Recruiting (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 19, 2017
Great company to work for. all about attitude and driven you are. i decided to leave to accomplish other dreams. If i ever chose to go back I would not regret it.
Great workplace for interns
Corporate Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 7, 2017
I loved my internship. We had a full week before it actually started (paid for this week) where we got to meet our fellow interns and learn more about the company. It was an awesome summer. I would recommend an internship at ONE Gas to every college student.
worst place in the world to work
Senior Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74103November 3, 2017
Culture is horrible, there is no care or concern about the employees, building is re-vamped and is very toxic, which matches the culture there. People are constantly complaining.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
every aspect of this company sucks
Amazing Place to Work
GIS Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 10, 2017
ONEGAS is an amazing company to work for. Very well balanced between career, life, and family. Willingness for company to provide training. Wonderful work environment.
Work
Credit and Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 20, 2017
Work in my specific department was mundane and less than optimal. I was tasked with auditing over 10 years worth of bankruptcies as a "special project". Never challenged on a day to day basis. Not a direct reflection of the company as a whole but very department specific.
It's a highly stressful job, but it has really great benefits.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 31, 2017
The job is highly stressful. The hours aren't flexible, and the policies are very strict. The pay is decent and the benefits are good, but the atmosphere is very negative.
Benefits
Cons
Unflexible hours
Community Minded company
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OklahomaAugust 28, 2017
One Gas encourages strong participation in community events throughout the year. They pay for employees participation in 5k races and fun runs. They encourage employee health and well being.
They offer discounts tickets to various events around Tulsa such baseball, hockey and PAC events.
They have a great Summer Intern program for college students going into their senior year of college.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement for older employees
SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2017
Good place to work if you like overtime. Great management who actually cares about employees. I worked in the service department which is responsible for residential and commercial customers.
I got some work there.
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 18, 2017
At least I got to work there for awhile.
I was not hired full time because I was too old. The physical move went well, the domain migration was a fiasco.
There were too many managers there, all did micromanagement tactics so you don't ever know who decides if you stay or go.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many managers
Great Job
Rebates (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 9, 2017
I have really enjoyed working with ONG. I know that working as a contractor here they have made me feel like one of there own. I work hard and have been able to understand and take the job over on my own. Amazing group to work with.
Pros
Rebates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ONE Gas. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.2InHerSight Score

4.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight