One Hope United Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent place to work
Family Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
Excellent place to work. Team work was great. Extensive training that cover all areas. Knowledgeable trainers. Great training program.
Great management. Work place culture was awesome.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Case loads
Fun place working with kids that needed help
Group Home Lead Day Youth Care Worker and MHP (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILJuly 5, 2018
Flexible hours and great coworkers and managers. It was a tough job mentally but rewarding as well. Managers always willing listen to suggestions on how to do things more effectively,
Pros
Flexible schedules - very good insurance
Cons
Pay was low but meals were free.
One Hope Unity Case Manager
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  7195 S George Blvd Sebring Fl.33875April 30, 2018
I had become State Certified as a Dependency worker, seeing abused, abandon and neglected children, meeting with parents incarcerated who wish to work on a case plan to be eligible to regain custody of their children upon release, children must be seen in the home at that time 2X each month, onetime documents to the magistrate, attend court to report progress of the parents to determine if the parents either regain or maintain custody of their children with always having the ultimate goal of reunification
Pros
Ensuring safety of the children
Cons
this is not a 9-5 job
One Hope United
Lead-Talent Acquisition Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2018
One Hope United's mission & vision for our communities is selfless, care giving, a true example to follow. Lucky I got to work with them, great comp.!
Fun work
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60616April 23, 2018
I love the children and the school its self. The teacher are fun and energetic. The Children are as creative as they can be. What I really enjoy is how much we challenge each child to do their best. Theres nothing more rewarding than a parent coming to you saying how much their child is learning.
Cons
low pay
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILApril 18, 2018
It is a very tough place to work at. The kids are always finding ways to make you feel like you are nothing, they swear at you and talk bad about you. The co-workers do the same exact thing. There is no communication at all between co-workers or managers at this company.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
No Breaks
Chaos
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2018
My time at One Hope was very disappointing on a professional level. Continual staff turnover, no support, and lack of beneficial classroom supervision made my time here extremely stressful. There was never any consistency. So much teacher time focused on paperwork. I felt bad for the children.
Pros
Neighborhood, families
Cons
Turn over, no leadership, daily chaos
Fast Paced, Stressful Environment
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2018
My time at One Hope was stressful, yet beneficial to me as a professional. I experienced and learned a great deal about the child welfare system and how to navigate. The pay wasn't great. But I enjoyed working with the children and families. I also had an awesome supervisor while there. Upper management, not so great
Pros
Pto, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Pay, Organizational Hazards
Lack of leadership
teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago,ILFebruary 23, 2018
Please don't waste your time with this company. They lack transparency, fairness, equality, and the ability to give credit where credit is due. You will not be happy.
Pros
holidays
Cons
pay, breaks, and benefits
SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Centralia, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Great place to work. The work environment is great because of the people who work there. The turn over rate is extremely high however which forces you to be training staff a lot.
awesome workplace
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILFebruary 6, 2018
One hope is a great place to work, with supportive management. I loved my time there and was sad when I had to relocate. The kids are a bit rough to work with, but the connections are worth it. I actually ended up fostering one of the kids I worked with after I left
Pros
free lunch and chocolate milk
Cons
potentially getting punched in the face
Run Away
Case Manager I (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 1, 2018
Do not work for this company, if you do you will regret it. Very poor supervision and leadership!!!! Lack of direction, no answers or follow up regarding important details. they will throw you under the bus without a second thought.
Productive workplace
Case Manager Supervisor (0-18 population) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2018
As a supervisor you monitor case managers and case compliance to ensure your children were safe on case loads. Hardest part was caseloads for some workers. I enjoy working with the employees they were friendly and family oriented.
Pros
training, paid holiday
Cons
caseloads
Flexible / Family Friendly Experience
Special Projects Director (Current Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILNovember 20, 2017
I have many great experiences at One Hope United. However, there is one that will always stand out. My husband was in a roll over car accident that kept him in the hospital for 2 months over Christmas and New Year’s. He endured 9 surgeries, and an above the knee amputation. I was offered FMLA, however I requested to work remotely ½ days from the Hospital, so that I could keep my mind busy. My supervisor was very accommodating. My co-workers pulled together to help while I was out of the office. During the most difficult time, the biggest relief was to know that I had Support and Stability in my work life. It was a huge blessing.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILNovember 13, 2017
i liked the job but i am relocating so i had to resign. I enjoyed my time there because i as able to learn a lot as a therapist and a case manager. I was able to grow as a personal as well as a person
Great job helping people in a relaxed enviroment
Mental Health Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILOctober 21, 2017
OneHope is a great place to work in a relaxed enviroment. Clients came as referrals and go through long periods of treatment. Pay could be better but it’s based on funding from the county.
case mamngement
Family Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2017
Fun job, challenging but fulfilling. Stressful hours and high burnout rate. More staff needed to provide better interaction with staff.
good nob, great leadership
Don't work for this agency,
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 5, 2017
This agency is very unorganized and supervisors are not supportive and unprofessional. A typical day is completing endless amount of paperwork and dealing with parents that think you are their personal assistant. If you have family be prepared to have little time with them. This agency accepts to you to do an endless amount of work with little to no assistance, very little pay, and no appreciation. PLEASE DON'T WORK FOR THIS AGENCY, YOU WILL REGRET IT
stressful
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2017
the mission adn values are great the management and leadership falls short . The culture changes too often and is a stressful environment most times.. the hardest part if the job is the lack of communication through leadership. There are too many major changes happening at once. There is no time to collaborate on changes therefore causing a stressful transition every time.
Pros
vacation and PTO
Cons
salary, advancenment and leadership -local and corp
poorly run, mentoring/counseling of clients lacking
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Poorly run hard to work with clients that don't want to improve their situation. The clients (formerly incarcerated young men) don't care about their situation and don't want to work to better their lives.