One Hope United Employee Reviews

Supported until not supported
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Southern IllinoisDecember 5, 2018
I was a dedicated employee who went above and beyond for 10 years. I routinely would help co workers and clients but when I had an issue, the agency turned on me and did not support me...no write ups but then I was discharged and no one from management went to bat for me. HR department and senior managementalso not supportive and do not seem to care about employees.
Pros
Flexibility, good team work
Cons
Lack of advancement, cronyism, managment gives sub par employess numerous chances
Great co-workers and fast pace environment. Candidate has to have excellent organization and writing skills.
Therapist I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 11, 2018
Great place to work and begin a career. Will teach you several critical skills in the counseling field but will challenge you to grow. Lots of paperwork and driving around the city. Great PTO, vacation, and sick hours. Great supervision.
Pros
Flexible schedule, chance to improve your writing and analyzation skills, expireience working with diverse populations and disorders, nice co-workers, understanding and welcoming atmosphere, good supervision, promotes individual growth
Cons
Stressful work, lots of paperwork, low pay, in-home clients so you’re driving all around the Chicagoland area, court mandated clients
Poor management
Lead Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Olney, ILDecember 1, 2018
Worked for the agency many years. Started out a great place to work. Felt like family. Flexibility with hours. Was trusted and respected. After changes in leadership became a place where experienced workers were not appreciated. Supervisors with no experience felt threatened by experienced workers knowledge and abilities. Upper management do not care about workers and they do not listen to workers.
Excellent place to work
Family Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
Excellent place to work. Team work was great. Extensive training that cover all areas. Knowledgeable trainers. Great training program.
Great management. Work place culture was awesome.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Case loads
Direct Support can be challenging
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILNovember 29, 2018
One Hope really was trying to meet everyones needs, be it the employee or the residents. they recognize physical and mental needs of both and try to offer various diverse opportunities and activities for all to work together as efficiently as possible
Pros
lunches activities
Cons
long hours, hormonal teenagers, mood swings
Good job fresh out of college.
Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILNovember 2, 2018
A tough job working with youth. Very rewarding, but with few benefits. Pay was subpar for the work environment, chaotic and often in crisis, but holiday pay made up for it.
Poor management, incredibly rewarding.
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILAugust 15, 2017
Management is way to heavy on the top and unwilling to help out the "guys on the bottom" youth care workers work long tiring shifts with no aid or direction from management. You will see more management positions being filled than necessary and more than upfront positions being filled, which is concerning since you do not get raises because they claim to have absolutely no money. The culture of the staff is second to none, the diversity the direct care staff provide is truly one of the best things that help these young men overcome life's obstacles. The clients you serve can be difficult and it makes for a tiring day, but this job can be super rewarding with patience and perseverance. If you want to make a difference, really work hard, and have patience, this job could be the one for you!
Pros
Free food, you eat the snacks and meals that is provided to all the clients when they eat.
Cons
NO breaks
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, IL 62864November 8, 2018
One Hope United is a non profit organization so the pay is not as comparable to outside organizations, but the atmosphere if great and the management is supper
Fast pace and stressful
Dependency Family Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 12, 2018
Same description as Center for Family and Child Enrichment. Same type of job.

Went to court, drafted legal documents, transported children, assisted them with their immigration documentation, if needed, appeared in court, was on call 24/7, and many times had to pick up children from run away or that were arrested for various things.
Pros
Loved working with families, children and going to court.
Cons
Amount of hours and they closed doors.
stressful
Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2017
the mission adn values are great the management and leadership falls short . The culture changes too often and is a stressful environment most times.. the hardest part if the job is the lack of communication through leadership. There are too many major changes happening at once. There is no time to collaborate on changes therefore causing a stressful transition every time.
Pros
vacation and PTO
Cons
salary, advancenment and leadership -local and corp
Fast Paced, Stressful Environment
Case Manager II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2018
My time at One Hope was stressful, yet beneficial to me as a professional. I experienced and learned a great deal about the child welfare system and how to navigate. The pay wasn't great. But I enjoyed working with the children and families. I also had an awesome supervisor while there. Upper management, not so great
Pros
Pto, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Pay, Organizational Hazards
Fun and rewarding experience
Youth care worker (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILSeptember 7, 2018
Overall great environment with great coworkers and a positive place to be. You really felt like you were making a difference in the lives of others. Would highly recommend.
Fun place working with kids that needed help
Group Home Lead Day Youth Care Worker and MHP (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILJuly 5, 2018
Flexible hours and great coworkers and managers. It was a tough job mentally but rewarding as well. Managers always willing listen to suggestions on how to do things more effectively,
Pros
Flexible schedules - very good insurance
Cons
Pay was low but meals were free.
One Hope Unity Case Manager
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  7195 S George Blvd Sebring Fl.33875April 30, 2018
I had become State Certified as a Dependency worker, seeing abused, abandon and neglected children, meeting with parents incarcerated who wish to work on a case plan to be eligible to regain custody of their children upon release, children must be seen in the home at that time 2X each month, onetime documents to the magistrate, attend court to report progress of the parents to determine if the parents either regain or maintain custody of their children with always having the ultimate goal of reunification
Pros
Ensuring safety of the children
Cons
this is not a 9-5 job
Flexible / Family Friendly Experience
Special Projects Director (Current Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILNovember 20, 2017
I have many great experiences at One Hope United. However, there is one that will always stand out. My husband was in a roll over car accident that kept him in the hospital for 2 months over Christmas and New Year’s. He endured 9 surgeries, and an above the knee amputation. I was offered FMLA, however I requested to work remotely ½ days from the Hospital, so that I could keep my mind busy. My supervisor was very accommodating. My co-workers pulled together to help while I was out of the office. During the most difficult time, the biggest relief was to know that I had Support and Stability in my work life. It was a huge blessing.
Pros
Great vision but awful management
Staff (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILOctober 6, 2015
This agency has a great mission and vision and does good work in the community. However, the clients are treated far better than the employees, who are often shamed and belittled as a means of controlling and motivation. The agency's culture is negative and incohesive. There is not a lot of internal promotion and as an employee I did not feel valued. For every positive statement made, there were an average of 10 negatives. It is a real shame because this agency can really change lives, if it could get its organizational systems and culture under control.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Flexible schedule (at times), poor upper management, no chance for advancement, good benefits, poor work/life balance.
Certified Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLMarch 5, 2012
Even though someone can have a felxible schedule there is too much bureaucracy that gets in the way of providing effective services to families and limit the amount of having a flexible schedule at work and at home. There is no chance for advancement due to the continuous necessity for case managers. High percentage of turnovers due to poor upper management.
Pros
flexible schedule (at times), good benefits
Cons
poor upper management, no chance for advancement, poor work/life balance.
awesome workplace
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILFebruary 6, 2018
One hope is a great place to work, with supportive management. I loved my time there and was sad when I had to relocate. The kids are a bit rough to work with, but the connections are worth it. I actually ended up fostering one of the kids I worked with after I left
Pros
free lunch and chocolate milk
Cons
potentially getting punched in the face
Lack of leadership
teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago,ILFebruary 23, 2018
Please don't waste your time with this company. They lack transparency, fairness, equality, and the ability to give credit where credit is due. You will not be happy.
Pros
holidays
Cons
pay, breaks, and benefits
Good learning experience
Family Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FL 33870July 17, 2017
One Hope United has a fantastic atmosphere and wonderful leadership.. BUT pay isn't great and the hours can be long and unpredictable. It can be difficult to make plans or to balance life outside of case management.
Pros
great leadership
Cons
no work life balance, low pay, poor benefits