One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Not always having some sort of work

The pay is decent. Management is understanding but don’t always answer your questions or concerns. Training is great and you’ll get the hang of it quickly.

Good culture

This was a good company to work for pay was ok really had to be a sales tech to make good money but owner was great and was always there when you needed something

Pros

Cons

Compensation

great atmosphere, good pay

you won't be disappointed, we are a growing company. union pay and benefits work with the best in the business great place to learn and continue to be better at your job

Fast paced, stressfull, commission driven

Starting pay was adequate but not enough to thrive.More money could be made by up-selling products, but not all the products on offer held real value.Was frustrated with pressure to up-sell UV light and air cleaning systems for $1000+ to customers in order to make the money I needed to support my family. Unpaid drivetime to the first call (which was typically 30 minutes, up to 1.5 hrs) was particularly hard to swallow.

Pros

company truck

Cons

pretty cut-throat place to work

Fun place to work but bad trainer

Fun place to work with the aspect as you can write your own check, but good god almighty BAD TRAINER/SORRY Trainer! Luckily I’ve picked up quick and with tips along the way to succeed!

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Not for the Weak

One Hour is a progressive company; innovative in leadership and training and uncompromising in the drive for customer satisfaction. Your ability to earn is limited only by your ability to educate customers and improve their comfort systems. The work is hard and demanding, but unlike other heating and air companies, work is available all year long. If you have no experience, you will be trained for a career you will have for the rest of your life.The days can be long and the work can be challenging. If you don't like hard work, or if you throw in the towel easily, this is not the work for you.Managers need to be willing to create an agenda and procedures. You will be hired for your ability to lead, and you will be expected to monitor the progress of your department to provide the best path for success.

Pros

Career opportunity, no seasonal lay-offs, advancement opportunities, paid training, take-home vehicle, tool program

Cons

Hard work, long days can happen, again, if you don't want to work, this is not for you

Great company

Great company to work for. If you're a hard worker and a go-getter you will love working for One hour. The people are very nice, management is amazing and if you have any questions please ask away. Everyone is here to help the next person succeed.

No life

I was an installer. I started with no experience and within three months I was made lead. I averaged 60-75 hours a week and pay did not increase with knowledge.

Pros

Free transportation for techs

Cons

No life

You’ll make money lots of it

Choose carefully dose money fill tour life with what you need or time with your family and money. You will make money here but at the cost of you sanity and overall happiness. O but the money is really good

Pros

Paid lunch get what you need for truck stock

Cons

Not allowed proper time off 21st century plantain farm

Very good company to work for

Very good company to work for would work for them again if I was close the owners are very knowledgeable lot of training seminars enjoyed them. Did a lot of sales if I did go back I would do not hourly wage but a commission base wage.

Pros

Great people to work with have employee breakfast.

Cons

Long hrs on weekends.

Jobs at One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning

See more jobs

One hour stealing amd cheating

Good pay, but low moral values. Destroy then sell new or use scare tactics. the sales knows nothing about hvac. Most puff the employees are nice. Good luck.

There could always be worse.

I'll start by saying that this is probably both the best and worst job I've ever had. Contradicting, I know, but it is true. You must be a very (and I do mean VERY) strong person to survive at this location. The job itself is not hard with decent hours and great opportunities for over time; however, the environment in my department was too much to deal with. I brought up my concerns to management several times. It always seemed was though the same people were showed favoritism and given excuses for their actions and I was supposed to just deal with it. Everyone experiences things differently, you may have more success than I did.

Pros

Insurance, Birthday/Work Anniversary Paid & Off, Weekly Pay

Cons

Environment

Management have family members working there

In my experience with this job the training here is very half-assed especially for new guys coming in you will be in a Cutthroat environment with favoritism and be prepared for that lead guy on the install side to talk about politics 24/7 every single time you get in his truck I am at work not a presidential rally stay away from this job if you value your sanity your mind and your throat not being cut. My experience working here was by far the worst I've ever worked in my life and I came here on the letter of recommendation and I highly regret it.

Pros

Cons

Cutthroath

detail oriented

working for this company has it's up and downs like any other. it was great having an important roll within the company, i do wish the management and other staff cared about their employees

Poor Management and immature

Management will talk down to you and call you disrespectful when you stand up for yourself. I gave a respectful resignation and was told I was "f**king stupid" by the owner's son. My pay was "adjusted" after my intial verbal offer. Chose to live off of savings instead of continuing to work here.

Pros

Great linear coworkers

Cons

Poor Management, high turn over, lack of organization

They teach you more if you don’t knw

They had classes on Saturdays too build up ur skills up..And plus they make feel comfortable around them and others...And they get to knw who are !!For example on Friday you get get up and do a talent show !!

Pros

Knowledge

Cons

Selling equipment

One Hour Heating & Cooling

My experience with one hour was far above average. I feel like the opportunity for advancement was typical as with any other company. The more you put in this company the more you will get out of it. I really have nothing but good things to say about these people.

Profit driven nightmare

Company blatantly rips off customers by overcharging for bottom tier equipment and attempts to up sell to every customer. As an installer your main focus is to replace equipment and ensure it is running properly. Sounds easy enough right? Here's where the problems begin. Jobs are mostly paid by piecework so the faster you get it done the more money you will make per hour and you can go home early with no penalties. Sounds great and it is when you have an easy job. Management is disconnected from how the install department should be run which seriously affects the efficiency of the entire operation. Hiring inexperienced helpers is the worst possible thing this company could do and they regularly do. This leads to long work days where you will do a majority of the work if you want to go home at a decent time. Very few jobs will run into the next day this puts even more stress on the lead to get it done in one day. You will also be responsible for any callbacks as a lead even if they are not your own. So unless you want your pay being affected you should test out thoroughly. With a fairly high work load most guys will use shortcuts to get done faster. Quality work was never really enforced just as long as there was no callbacks. It's hard to train inexperienced helpers when the work pace is so fast and they are constantly moved around to other leads. You are better off doing most of the work yourself because it is quicker, looks better, and will be done right. Management is the other big issue most people in the office are related and under qualified for their positions. -

Amazing company with great people

Great company with even better people to work with and to help support you. Technical training was offered and no one is ever pressured to do something they are unfamiliar with.

Not a bad place

The upper management is a scattered mess, one day, one procedure is implemented the next day something else is implemented that contradictory isimplemented b

Pros

Great group of co workers

Cons

Indecisive owners

Worst company ever to work

My advice dont work for this company in Miami ,they cut your overtime hours and commisions and sometimes they dont pay the piece of work in my last check there was a missing pay for an installation i did i called them and they ignored me.The management is not responsible .The only thing they care about is their profit but not care about you as employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?