One on One Learning Employee Reviews

Loved working with the youth
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2018
Great place to interact with others to achieve the goal of helping our youth. Hardest part of the job is that pay checks were not consistently given to employee on time. Interacting with children everyday was a bonus.
Tutoring Students
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 13, 2018
It isn't a bad gig. You get to help students get their skills up in reading, math and writing. It isn't something you can live off of though, so just know that its side pay and your helping kids grow.
Rented my own office----to be able to have employees, district meetings
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 3, 2017
I ran my own hours----which meant work till all work was done. Some days it was 12 and 13 hours if it was needed. The most difficult part of the job, was make sure some of the employees were responsible and reliable.

The most rewarding part of the job was to see students of all nationalities start to succeed. Building positive, professional relationships with key personal in School Districts.
Small and Rewarding
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 8, 2017
Working with children is always a challenge as you want to keep them engaged and focused, but the offices and head tutors provide great techniques and incentives to help.
Productive and fun workplace with excellent management.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 17, 2017
I worked at One On One Learning for a few months and loved the way management ran things. It was a pleasant surprise to be able to come into work and see them. They were very easy going on me and offered me the position of advancement, which I declined, only due to school. Any job at One On One Learning I would recommend to any one of my friends.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Not really any cons
Productive and fun
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2016
Productive and fun
Helpful Management
Learned much about education
Enjoyable co-workers
Helpful staff
Hardest part was dealing with tutors who were hired
Great place to be
Tutor, storage staff (Former Employee) –  Imperial Valley, CAAugust 23, 2016
Love helping kids and see how they can better themselves its a very satify. I will always appreciate the company love to its employees and how the community love the company.
Great Experience, working with children
Tutor students (Current Employee) –  Cody, WYJanuary 22, 2016
Working with children that have learning problems in reading, writing, and math. To see how they comprehend the lesson and do it well is a wonderful experience.
Great job when dealing with children to help them to study things such as their lessons
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCSeptember 12, 2015
I loved working with this staff they really were the best that you could ask for with this company. They treat you like family and really knows how to treat employees.
Childrens' success
academic tutor (Former Employee) –  riverside, caJune 24, 2015
The hours were flexible. I scheduled with each student's parents to work out a time best for all of us. I tutored 5 kids and I completed 2 hours with them every week. I learned to manage my time with assessing childrens' curricula. It gave me the opportunity to understand how my students' learning process was and what worked best for them.What I found out that really helped was getting feedback from the students on what they learned every time we finished a tutoring session. I thought the idea of 'processing' what they just learned helps it stick longer. I was also working on my communication skills between parents and my boss. There were challenging moments I throughout this job but I was able to overcome them with being patient and understanding towards my students, their parents, and my employer.
Pros
helping kids
Cons
no reimbursement on gas, no assessment for tutors, employer did not assess quality of services
Great work place enviroment
MIAMI/DADE DISTRICT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 4, 2015
It was a pleasure to work for One On One Learning and being able to assist youth who needed supplemental educational services.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
State lost funding
A Job
Reading and Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 12, 2014
A typical day at work is gathering the students together in groups to work in remedial Math and Reading. Groups included grades 2nd to 8th grade.

I learned to deal with a different cultural environment. I am a contracted tutor that works for a private company, so I don't have that much interaction with the school staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the students getting better at their skills as time goes by.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No job security, no benefits
Productive and fun working withkids
One on One Learning (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 24, 2014
This is a wonderful tutoring company helping youth in the community
Fun job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 12, 2013
It was great to be a tutor and mentor to wonderful kids. The pay was great, especially for a student and the hours worked very well for my busy schedule.
Expanding company with nice monthly paycheck
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 5, 2013
This was an easy job for one with a degree, as it allows you to help kids learn and prepare for the state standardized test, all based on your own schedule. Management did not interfere much, and you were to be very independent. They answered promptly through email or text though. Very relaxed job, as long as you got it done.
Pros
Nice pay, make your own schedule, little managerial interference
Cons
Lots of administrative work (putting data into system based on progress), not a job for someone who gets frustrated easily
Excellent place to work
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaMarch 6, 2012
Learning center that helps students improve academic performance.