One Step Beyond, Inc
Happiness rating is 69 out of 100

One Step Beyond, Inc Employee Reviews

United States50 reviews

memberstaffpaypeopleplacetimecompanymanagement

Love members and stuff not so much

Members will warm your heart and make you want to stay. Stuff will dismiss and judge you if you are not a bible thumper and look down on you for having a different live style. Very clicky. If you don’t fit in the click , your voice is not heard and they will puss you out. Leads and management will take your ideas or work and claim it as their pun and nothing you say or do will change that. You are forced to drive the vans on pick up or drop off. Even if that’s not hired for. They inform you that after your first day and it’s mandatory. I never felt comfortable driving the vans actually the big ones or the mini buses. Doesn’t matter to them at all. You drive or find a new job.

Pros

Members

Cons

Management, stuff

Productive if you know the right people

Being under utilized and overworked was a norm. Having staff feel like they were not being heard while management focused on bringing in new people vs taking care of the ones they have is a primary factor of why I left. I miss the members and most of my coworkers and feel for them because I know what’s happened since leaving.

Pros

Promotions based on performance and goals, the members

Cons

Not being listened to, not providing the tools and time for growth

One Step Beyond, Inc insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

The Clients are the only good thing left about this job.

One Step Beyond is plagued by poor communication, toxic positivity, out of touch management, and an overall lack of care for employees. Benefits and pay fall far behind other jobs, and on the clock work is stressful and difficult, with absolutely no support for mental health or burnout. Most concerns are met with comments of "I wish we could change that but we cant". Most company "Benefits" amount to pizza parties once a month and breathing exercises to "reduce stress". Many staff in high level roles are family members of each other and protect those positions from criticism, even when they are not qualified to hold those positions. Nepotism is rampant. I would work here unless I had no other choice.

Pros

Clients are fun to interact with. Very easy to call off or schedule PTO. Very easy to get hired

Cons

Poor pay, Little to no benifits, unsupportive managment, No concern for employee mental health

Amazing!

The members are what make this job WORTH IT! As long as you stay positive, and engage with them you will do great! Make sure to always talk to the staff and try and make everyone’s day BETTER!

Great place

This is a great company to work for and contribute your time and energy to, the members are worthy of the best and the management does their best to show staff appreciation

Poor work place

This is not a job that you can live off of. Most staff have to have multiple jobs. If you create classes or curriculum for programs you won’t be compensated. Regularly was expected to work 8+ hours without a break. If you’re having an issues with a supervisor or director, do not expect resolution, expect a write up and a transfer with a pay cut. the members and work expected is not hard nor stressful. How they treat their staff is horridness.

Pros

The members

Cons

Pay, no breaks, disrespect to staff

There were plenty of fun and learning days the at OSB.

The days were always active. We did watch t.v. but it was always learning videos. When it was movies those were at lunch time only. The staff generally worked well together with the exception of a few. Not everyone is perfect.

Pros

Constantly learning. No TV. except at lunch time. There were day trips too.

Cons

Healthcare. High turn over from poor supervisor supervision.Terrible Administration.

Meaningful work = Satisfaction

I’d say from working in different industries this company is by far my favorite. Why you may ask? The overall end goal here is to help and provide to members with disabilities. Such meaningful and purpose job. Pay isn’t the best but it’s is a non profit company. Bonuses are given and some raises throughout the year. I’m glad we enjoy weekends off.

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Low pay

A company that will take you for granted

Do not work here unless you have no other choice. The management doesn’t recognize your hard work & there is no place to grow in this company. And there is no lunch

helping those with life challenges

Job takes patience, interest & willingness to accept others for their Abilities not DisabilitiesNeed to be flexible and thoughtful when changes occur. Note when clients succeed, improve, and question.Ask for help or clarification when needed

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Needs improved staff communication

Could do better

3 ring circus here most days. No communication between staff and managers..don't know what the other person is doing. Little pay for the work. No lunch break or even 10/15 min breaks because you're with clients. CA employment would be successful if they replace management. Unprepared and unorganized most days. High turnover rate due to low wages and issues with managers

Pros

You're employed

Cons

No lunch or communication bad pay

The members are amazing & the sweetest to work with.

Poor management. The work culture isn’t the best. People can be really catty. It’s not very organized. The hiring process wasn’t very organized as well. Training is on Saturdays & you have to travel.

Pros

Good experience to put under your belt.

Cons

You get pressured into driving the members before and after work. Pay is low.

Was always exciting to work with great people. Great members and staff. I really wouldn't mind going back. Just a great atmosphere. They are truly amazing.

Pros

Always something different

Cons

Lunch breaks

Hectic workplace with inadequate staff, out of touch management, & low wages

There is a definite disconnect between management and staff. The top-down management style leaves departments uninformed, understaffed, and often out of required ratio requirements. Morale is low, something that doesn't seem a concern. The level of respect given to the staff is minimal at best. High expectations, low appreciation. The members we care for deserve better staff retention and more focus on their needs.

Pros

Wonderful members, some outstanding staff

Cons

lack of staff, poor benefits, low pay

Love the members but management ruins it for all!! Its all about money!!!

So much favoritism it's crazy!!! The lack of communication that runs rampid throughout. Turnover is horrible which speaks volumes. Upper Management is very unprofessional. The members we serve deserve better because they are wonderful!

Pros

Members all the way!!! Some staff is outstanding!

Cons

Upper management... Sad people

Please be careful!

They play favorites! When you work hard they don’t care about how stressed you are. Management is a joke. I requested to be moved because of harassment and they refused. I loved this job and loved the members, however the politics between management and employee sucks! They do not care.

Pros

Some staff were amazing and uplifting

Cons

Fun workplace with many opportunities for advancement

I have worked here for a little over 3 years and have been promoted 3 times. I love this place and these people. I haven't worked for a company that feels this much like a family in a long time. The pay could be better but when you work in this field you really don't do it for the money.

Pros

Fun, exciting work environment with ample opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Pay could be better.

Great Culture - Great people!

Everyone working here is a friendly, passionate person that cares about the organization's members and co-workers, from the newest staff all the way to the top. Great place to work!

Love working here

I have worked here for 3 and a half years. If you put in the work, it shows and management will give you recognition for that. In the time I have been here I have been promoted two times. Honestly, any job that is in the field of caring for individuals with intellectual disabilities, does not pay the greatest. If you work here, it is because you love what you do. The executive team works hard to provide competitive salaries.

Pros

Fun environment with great staff to accompany you.

Cons

pay is low, but like I mentioned, they do work hard to provide competitive salaries.

Good

It’s a good place to work. The environment is friendly.

Pros

Understanding

Cons

salary

Giving back

Being able to Give back to a vulnerable group of people in society. They are enthusiastic, fun and loving individuals who won’t let their disabilities stop them.

Pros

8a-4p schedule M-F, extra hours offered on Fridays and Saturdays(every so often), great people to help

Cons

Wages of course could use an extra $2-3 on hourly wages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at One Step Beyond, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • One Step Beyond, Inc
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?