OneBlood Employee Reviews

You are just a number
Biologics Assistant Distribution (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33716October 14, 2018
Oneblood went from a company that felt like a family to an impersonal work place where you don't matter. They claim that communication is important however they never listen or communicate with you. They say that they want you to have a work life balance however they change you're schedule without your consent. Management insists that you come in on your day off to cover but they rarely do it themselves and get up set when you say you can't. Plus when you don't make enough to live on you can't really have a life outside of work. there is the culture of negative reinforcement, they only notice you if you mess up in some fashion.
Pros
decent paid time off
Cons
kinda everything else
Fun place to work but too many clicks
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Too many clicks. A lot of criticism vs constructive criticism. Most of the employees are trained by the company how to stick people vs people who actually have a certification in phlebotomy. Some team leads are rude and set you up for failure. Most of them don’t even know why certain special collections are being collected other than what the dr wrote on prescription (to collect at certain iron levels) but they don’t know the medical terminology as to why they are doing it. Ferritin level may be too high and one employee didn’t even know what Ferritin was and couldn’t understand the prescription. Since I’m certification, I had to explain what Ferritin was and why she had donate at certain hemoglobin levels.
Pros
Donors are extremely friendly and don’t judge new employees
Cons
Lucky to get a break or go to lunch and if you do and you’re new, you’re the last one to get a break or lunch
very nices plase to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 12, 2018
loving and happy place to work the people were nices and help you if yo need help.hiappy people to be around and i learn things from them and miss them very much
Pros
good food
Cons
play cards on break
face pace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 11, 2018
I help people schedule appointments to come in and donate their blood to help others. This was a very happy job for me; I was able to help others live a healthier lifestyle through diet.
Fun place to work
Donor Services Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lantana, FLAugust 31, 2018
Its not your normal 9-5. You actually work with different staff all the time and you're always in a different location meeting new people. They should do a better job as far as scheduling when it comes to the ones with small children and the crowd that's over a certain age by trying to accommodate them. The pressure on making goal is ridiculous but overall its a good company to work for if you dont mind the crazy schedule.
Pros
Overtime, pto
Cons
Schedule, management
Horrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 14, 2018
This company is supposedly non-profit. That is a lie. It shows by how many blood drives they have, lack of raises and low pay. They are stingy about using your own PTO and do not care about the blood product- just the money. They used the PULSE shooting to make money and do not honor it the way they should. MAnagement is abusive.
former teamleader/mentor
Phlebotomist/Donor Processor/teamleader (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 11, 2018
i was sceduled to come in 10 mins early and start mobile, get trip and set up for the day, drive to site and return back to the center to end drive and send ops report. everytime i come to work ther are issues with mobiles, staff being late all the time, constantly having call ins, staff not comunicating, always no gas in the mobiles, parking issues, and recuitment being rude and disrespectful. management taking sides, showing favortism, and staff having clicks and being mean to new staff members, no team work at all and unprofessional no one is in dress code and managment does nothing about situatuions. unprofessional in front of donors and rude to donors cussing in front of donors, throwing supplies at staff members, argueing, attitudes everyday, talking about staff members from management and between staff. not pleasent at all its always the team lead fault for sceduling issues and they do not rotate. no breaks, can't even eat without getting in trouble. any thing you tell to supervisor they tell everyone else, they don't appreciate good workers. staff is clicked up and will run new employees away from the mobiles and make them want to quit, tallahassee is the worse center ever.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
sceduling, no confidentiality amoung staff and mamnagement, and bad supervisor.
Its a good starter company
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 10, 2018
Oneblood is a good company to start at if you are interested in blood banking and blood banking technology. They provide training without certification for phlebotomy. Customer Care can be stressful during the busier season; however, communication and feedback is key.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, PTO earning, flexible schedule
Cons
Stressful environment during the busy holiday season.
High paced on the road...and saving lives
Phlebotomist Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 9, 2018
As a mobile team lead I try to arrive earlier than my crew to make sure the mobile is properly stocked and in optimal condition to make the drive to various parts of Tallahassee and rural north Florida for our blood drives. We load heavy equipment and critical supplies for the day. Most of our days consist of only one blood drive but occasionally we have two back to back.
Often mobiles and/or equipment isn't functioning properly, staffing issues arise, drive cancellations occur, inclement weather occurs. I arrive early to troubleshoot and sometimes salvage drives that would otherwise be cancelled.
I've learned to think on my feet! My fellow Team Leads and I have developed an effective system of communication as it's not always easy to get in touch with upper management during certain times.
We are a very diverse and inclusive work place. Ultimately the mission of service to our local and statewide communities through blood donation and saving lives is the reason I do this every day and I think that general feeling is palpable on our mobiles and in our center.
I love seeing our regular donors and getting to know and recruit new donors. When our donors come in to tell us about how blood transfusions saved their loved ones' lives my dedication to my job is reaffirmed over and over again.
Pros
Working with amazing people
Cons
No breaks, poor work/life balance and scheduling
Regional Leader in Blood collection and manufacturing
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLJuly 17, 2018
Oneblood is the regional leader in blood collection and manufacturing blood products throughout most of Florida,and parts of Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina. Oneblood is very committed to donor retention and maintaining Good Manufacturing practices.

My typical work day included doing registration and patient check in, health screenings, performing blood draws and performing platelet apheresis procedures. Procedure wrap up and providing after care instructions.

The most enjoyable part of my job was having a bond with my coworkers and, developing interpersonal relationships with the regular donors.
Pros
Continued education
Cons
short staffed
Fulfilling and fun
Courier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 6, 2018
I absolutely loved working for OneBlood. I actually felt I was helping improve the lives of others by doing my job. My coworkers were like family to me.
Pros
Great benefits, unlimited PTO, wonderful people
Cons
Scheduling, no holidays
review
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lantana, FLJune 25, 2018
great place to work and grow. the company is very employee driven, educational and developmental opportunity are easily available. supervisors and managers are great.
Clean environment
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 21, 2018
Hardest part was working with only men.
I learned a lot about donating blood.
I enjoyed driving to different cities daily.
I enjoyed things changing weekly.
Pros
Take lunch any time.
Work is work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 20, 2018
Fast environment work hard and the company will reward you for your good job. If u know what you’re doing you shouldn’t have a problem. Your days should be smooth.
Pros
Gifts every month
Not Happy
Tele Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 11, 2018
I wasn't happy at all working for One Blood. The managers weren't very friendly and they were always away from their desks. Not my favorite place to work for at all. Would not recommend it.
It's a job
Donor service manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 7, 2018
Was here 5 years when one blood was originally Florida Blood Services. This job would be goo for a person without many prior obligations. Hours are long and random no flexibility in schedule and a big turn over rate. Work days are driven by a sometimes unattainable donor goal system. Buses are now always short staffed usually with only two staff at a promotional drives, aka gift card drives. Management does not communicate well and does not listen to staff concerns, questions or ideas. You will be sabotaged if you try to move up the ladder.
Pros
Long Hours low pay for new hires
Cons
short staffed, no allotted lunch breaks
OneBlood
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 5, 2018
Manage existing territory and ensure blood drives exceed expectations by developing strong partnerships with businesses, chairperson and administration. Create new opportunities by networking, cold calls and recruiting .
Okay
Donor Services Specialist(phlebotomist) (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 24, 2018
high stress days when needing to meet quota
learn how to use a plasma apheresis machine
area recruiters don't care if you get a break as long as they meet goal
Pros
mileage
Cons
short breaks, no weekends off
A fun place to work
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLApril 23, 2018
Being an employee for 20 years was a rewarding experience. I am proud of the work I did as I received numerous promotions throughout my time there. A typical day was dissecting and crunching numbers and finding areas where there could be improvement by maintaining costs. I had the freedom to do what i wanted and management was very easy to get along with.
good enviroment to work, team work
Donor Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 6, 2018
Recruiting guests to donate blood on the Big Red Bus to safe Lives, at community drives, schools, colleges, churches etc.
I enjoy meeting people from all walks of life, sharing their stories.
Providing excellent customer service.
Providing good team work.
Pros
meeting people
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneBlood. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight