OneBlood Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
review
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Lantana, FLJune 25, 2018
great place to work and grow. the company is very employee driven, educational and developmental opportunity are easily available. supervisors and managers are great.
Clean environment
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 21, 2018
Hardest part was working with only men.
I learned a lot about donating blood.
I enjoyed driving to different cities daily.
I enjoyed things changing weekly.
Pros
Take lunch any time.
Work is work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 20, 2018
Fast environment work hard and the company will reward you for your good job. If u know what you’re doing you shouldn’t have a problem. Your days should be smooth.
Pros
Gifts every month
Not Happy
Tele Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 11, 2018
I wasn't happy at all working for One Blood. The managers weren't very friendly and they were always away from their desks. Not my favorite place to work for at all. Would not recommend it.
It's a job
Donor service manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 7, 2018
Was here 5 years when one blood was originally Florida Blood Services. This job would be goo for a person without many prior obligations. Hours are long and random no flexibility in schedule and a big turn over rate. Work days are driven by a sometimes unattainable donor goal system. Buses are now always short staffed usually with only two staff at a promotional drives, aka gift card drives. Management does not communicate well and does not listen to staff concerns, questions or ideas. You will be sabotaged if you try to move up the ladder.
Pros
Long Hours low pay for new hires
Cons
short staffed, no allotted lunch breaks
OneBlood
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 5, 2018
Manage existing territory and ensure blood drives exceed expectations by developing strong partnerships with businesses, chairperson and administration. Create new opportunities by networking, cold calls and recruiting .
Okay
Donor Services Specialist(phlebotomist) (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 24, 2018
high stress days when needing to meet quota
learn how to use a plasma apheresis machine
area recruiters don't care if you get a break as long as they meet goal
Pros
mileage
Cons
short breaks, no weekends off
A fun place to work
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLApril 23, 2018
Being an employee for 20 years was a rewarding experience. I am proud of the work I did as I received numerous promotions throughout my time there. A typical day was dissecting and crunching numbers and finding areas where there could be improvement by maintaining costs. I had the freedom to do what i wanted and management was very easy to get along with.
good enviroment to work, team work
Donor Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 6, 2018
Recruiting guests to donate blood on the Big Red Bus to safe Lives, at community drives, schools, colleges, churches etc.
I enjoy meeting people from all walks of life, sharing their stories.
Providing excellent customer service.
Providing good team work.
Pros
meeting people
Stressed by management
Phlebotomist/Donor Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 5, 2018
Easy job, great coworkers. My only complaint was that blood banking has become so much like a sales job. The company asks more and more from its employees but doesn't want to pay them properly. It is a good job to get your feet wet though.
interseting place to work
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 17, 2018
Life saving work. This work is a very necessary process to the community. Saving lives through the donations of others is rewarding beyond measure.To be a part of that is a blessing.
productive workplace
Courier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2018
One Blood is a great company to work for, it is fast paced. You are transporting blood products all over Florida. You are constantly learning and putting what you learned to work on a daily basis.
Excellent benefits, but favoritism issues exist
Biologics Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2018
I love how much PTO this company gives its workers and the benefits package is very adequate. The work itself is fairly easy and straight-forward. The biggest challenge, at least in certain departments is the strong presence of favoritism and unfairness due to certain members of leadership favoring certain workers that don't necessarily work as vigorously as most others. Racial prejudice exist as well. Overall, it is a pretty decent company to work for.
Pros
Lots of PTO and an excellent benefits package
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities, small raises, and favoritism issues
ok
Biologics Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 7, 2018
its a good company , I love working there but it was a temporary fix while I was in school.. The atmosphere can be fun and sometimes stressful as well. Now, I'm done with school , looking forward to apply my knowledge on new possibilities.
Great company to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 3, 2018
I love this job! But the work hours are very difficult and all over the place. Def not a place to work for people with small kids or a family that you want to spend time with. Schedule is the worst part of the job.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
No set hours
Cheap labor, high expectancies, and no life outside of work type scheduling.
DONOR SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 26, 2018
Cheap labor, high expectancies, and no life outside of work type scheduling. A few great management staff, but overall management is awful. Seems as though they would rather hire cheap labor with no experience and under pay them just to have a lower salary pool. Schedules here are great for a single male with no social life (eat, sleep 💤… then return back to work).
Challenging and Stimulating Workplace
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2018
The thrill of saving people's lives was what kept me at Oneblood for so long. The work was challenging, but most importantly rewarding. I had to leave the organization in order to return to school because I was working between 60 to 70 hours per week.
Pros
Saving People's Lives
Cons
No Work Life Balanace
Stressful
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Long hours. There was a difficult work/life balance here. Long hours and expectations with few benefits or acknowledgments of a job well done. Culture of cliques and selectiveness in who is praised and who gets left behind. ...........................................................................................................................................
good job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJanuary 11, 2018
work lots for crazy hours. I was working 120 hours every two weeks. there is lots of over time if you want it. meet lots of new donors to meet. they will teach you Phlebotomy.
Poor company to work for
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2018
Horrible company to work for. Great for a temporary job to get certified in phlebotomy but not a great career because the work hours and pay are horrible.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bad schedules, low pay, un organized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneBlood. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight