OneBlood Employee Reviews

A fun place to work
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLApril 23, 2018
Being an employee for 20 years was a rewarding experience. I am proud of the work I did as I received numerous promotions throughout my time there. A typical day was dissecting and crunching numbers and finding areas where there could be improvement by maintaining costs. I had the freedom to do what i wanted and management was very easy to get along with.
good enviroment to work, team work
Donor Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 6, 2018
Recruiting guests to donate blood on the Big Red Bus to safe Lives, at community drives, schools, colleges, churches etc.
I enjoy meeting people from all walks of life, sharing their stories.
Providing excellent customer service.
Providing good team work.
Pros
meeting people
interseting place to work
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 17, 2018
Life saving work. This work is a very necessary process to the community. Saving lives through the donations of others is rewarding beyond measure.To be a part of that is a blessing.
productive workplace
Courier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2018
One Blood is a great company to work for, it is fast paced. You are transporting blood products all over Florida. You are constantly learning and putting what you learned to work on a daily basis.
Excellent benefits, but favoritism issues exist
Biologics Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2018
I love how much PTO this company gives its workers and the benefits package is very adequate. The work itself is fairly easy and straight-forward. The biggest challenge, at least in certain departments is the strong presence of favoritism and unfairness due to certain members of leadership favoring certain workers that don't necessarily work as vigorously as most others. Racial prejudice exist as well. Overall, it is a pretty decent company to work for.
Pros
Lots of PTO and an excellent benefits package
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities, small raises, and favoritism issues
ok
Biologics Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 7, 2018
its a good company , I love working there but it was a temporary fix while I was in school.. The atmosphere can be fun and sometimes stressful as well. Now, I'm done with school , looking forward to apply my knowledge on new possibilities.
Great company to work for
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 3, 2018
I love this job! But the work hours are very difficult and all over the place. Def not a place to work for people with small kids or a family that you want to spend time with. Schedule is the worst part of the job.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
No set hours
Cheap labor, high expectancies, and no life outside of work type scheduling.
DONOR SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 26, 2018
Cheap labor, high expectancies, and no life outside of work type scheduling. A few great management staff, but overall management is awful. Seems as though they would rather hire cheap labor with no experience and under pay them just to have a lower salary pool. Schedules here are great for a single male with no social life (eat, sleep 💤… then return back to work).
Challenging and Stimulating Workplace
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 16, 2018
The thrill of saving people's lives was what kept me at Oneblood for so long. The work was challenging, but most importantly rewarding. I had to leave the organization in order to return to school because I was working between 60 to 70 hours per week.
Pros
Saving People's Lives
Cons
No Work Life Balanace
Stressful
Area Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Long hours. There was a difficult work/life balance here. Long hours and expectations with few benefits or acknowledgments of a job well done. Culture of cliques and selectiveness in who is praised and who gets left behind. ...........................................................................................................................................
good job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLJanuary 11, 2018
work lots for crazy hours. I was working 120 hours every two weeks. there is lots of over time if you want it. meet lots of new donors to meet. they will teach you Phlebotomy.
Poor company to work for
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2018
Horrible company to work for. Great for a temporary job to get certified in phlebotomy but not a great career because the work hours and pay are horrible.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Bad schedules, low pay, un organized
Great company very difficult Job Work/Life Balance
Territory Manager / Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 3, 2018
Great company very difficult Job Work/Life Balance.
Very difficult to work with the management team.
Great mision of saving lives.
Very difficult to advance.
Pros
Great company, great misión
Cons
Hours, Advancement
it was a great experience
DONOR SERVICE TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Lantana, FLDecember 28, 2017
Its my first medical job and its an great experience to learn how the onblood company work I love what I do I learn how to stick I learn where the blood components went
difficult to work for
Donor Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FLDecember 13, 2017
Most management doesn't listen to employees, expect 1 person to do the job of 4, earn days off but can't use it due to short staffing, too many politics in the company, low pay and long hours, no respect from management.
Pros
doing good for the community
Cons
short breaks or none at all, low pay, inconsistent management, politics in the management
Middle management was the main issue at OneBlood.
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 10, 2017
The operating procedures are constantly changing. Middle management does not have management skills and micro-manages requiring job tracking detail tasks that take time away from the actual work that needs to be done.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Disorganized, confused leadership
Smooth job
Donor Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32256December 2, 2017
1. Some days are fast-paced and some are laid back.
2.You have the option to work an extra day a week, which is good if you need the extra money.
3. Good benefits.
4. PTO is approved depending on availability.
Pros
Overtime, benefits, most co-workers
Cons
Schedule hours, Days off are almost never back to back
Awful work management
Donor Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 1, 2017
Work here if you dont want a life, deal with uneducated management, no time for personal life, get vacation denied every single time, and favoritism in the work place
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 29, 2017
If my job was not eliminated, I would still be there. I really liked working there. Good people. good environment. Basically I learned everything about being an administrative assistant by working there.
Pros
good people
Cons
management doesn't communicate very well
Could have been wonderful
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 28, 2017
OneBlood has a wonderful mission, however they do not have all of their employees best interests at heart. There are great people that work there, but management is still part of the "old boys club"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneBlood. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight