Oneida Healthcare

Oneida Healthcare Employee Reviews

Oneida Healthcare insights

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Underappreciated

Health insurance is good.12 hour shifts are a plus...good for work life balance.Free parking.Unfourtuately severely lacks suport from management.

Stressful

Constantly understaffed. Have fun being alone on the floor while the clique with management goes to lunch together. Toxic workplace, people talking behind your back. Terrible exams, lots of barium enema and PICC lines. Small bowels. Normal xray stuff except you're incredibly short-staffed. Senior tech is lazy and pawns work onto new techs. Department head straight called us just "warm bodies" before. Use the students to run the department practically! The radiologist is the best though, super duper nice.

some dept good some bad

the coding department was great to work in very supportive and great co-workers. Business office management extremely poor. no accountability and BAD culture, manager was the reason for bad culture and always had an excuse why. Must replace management immediately.

Pros

coding excellent

Cons

business management poor

Hidden Gem of CNY

One of the best places I’ve ever worked. True teamwork from everyone involved in patient care. I’ll sincerely miss this place. I highly recommend anyone, especially from Utica, go on an interview. See what you’ve been missing.

Pros

Pleasant interdepartmental communication, competitive salary and benefits, many opportunities to learn or advance if the dedication is there

Cons

Aside from a couple true gems, the lab is a completely different story, I don’t even recommend looking

I wold give it serious thought

In my opinion, be very careful if you are interviewing for a laboratory position. Talk to as many people as you can prior to accepting a job. Be sure to ask about staff turnover and the culture there. After working there, it is clear its not for me. I like the work itself, but there is little respect and next to no teamwork. It seems like a place recent grads go to get a year of experience and then move on. Or where the older staff members are stuck counting the days until retirement.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Corporate culture is terrible

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Not a great place to work

Management is horrible. Short staffed. Get a lot of paid time off but good luck getting your vacation approved. I like co-workers but management was toxic and played favorites.

Pros

I liked co-workers

Cons

Expensive insurance. Nursing management poor.

Friendly in the beginning

The hospital administrator is very personable and makes a point of talking directly to new hires and makes his rounds through clinics and off campus sites but the nurse management ends up severely lacking and if you have a bully of a superior you really don't know where to turn because your words become misconstrued and the environment becomes unfriendly.

Pros

Excellent pay

Cons

Expensive healthcare, lacking management

Fun but not good pay.

It was alright to work there for housekeeping but I would like of gotten paid more than minimum wage. And the management was a little out of hand and not organized.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Minimum wage pay grade

Family environment

Everyone works well together. Pay is a bit low but ample opportunity to pick up hours if you are willing. Health insurance is okay, it was once much better. Overall enjoyed the people I worked with!

Pros

Family-like atmosphere

Cons

Pay

Great company to work for.

I have worked for Oneida Healthcare for just over 3 years now in Central Sterile as a technician. Being part of a dedicated, passionate team is a blessing. Our culture is about teamwork, respect, and taking care of patients. During sterile processing week or other weeks for that matter, there is plenty of goodies. You get recognized for doing a great job. Management and Supervisors work also to achieve daily production needs.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Wonderful co-workers, horrible management.

Fantastic group of staff Physical, Occupational, and Speech Therapists and Assistants with a wide variety of knowledge. Willingness to help each other and learn from each other. Open communication between co-workers. Managements lack of communication, avoidance of conflict and inability to to accept suggestions from staff makes for toxic workplace. Money hungry upper management, so focused on growth of the hospital that they have lost sight of good patient care. Also lacking care and concern for employees.

Pros

Excellent co-workers

Cons

Horrible managent

Stressfull work environment due to management

At first this place was awesome to work for. Then new management came in and changed everything around, started firing people without reason, and having HR back her. She was going as far as pulling out old files on people to "find reason" she is a bully and micro manages everyone.

Pros

Decent health insurance

Cons

Horrible management

I worked many years for Oneida Healthcare, they were always fair and good to employees. Nurses also had a union to rely on, which did cause consternation at times, but overall I believed they had the employees and communities interests at heart.

Terrible Managment

Despite the decent pay in the area, working at Oneida Healthcare in the Extended care facility was a nightmare, ridiculous amounts of mandatory overtime, treated terrible by management, an overall terrible place to work who has no respect for it's employees.

Very poor management, understaffed, and underpaid

Very poor place to work. Management priority is to "fill the beds" regardless of patient's needs or the dangerously understaffed units. Nurse Managers are unable to voice very valid concerns regarding the dangerous staffing ratios without the threat of being fired. Unrealistic PTO procedures (staff is just outright denies PTO requests because of the chronically poor staffing ratios, if you call in more than 4 times in a 6 month period you will be "written-up" meaning you cannot transfer to a different position within the hospital, or ECF, until you are off the probationary/reeducation period. Awful, awful, awful. Cannot stress this enough. At the ECF, if you are an RN, you will be expected to assess all of your patients (40 patients on each unit), perform all assessments, wound vac dressing changes, administer all IV medications, perform all PICC dressing care, update care plan on every patient, serve as the House Supervisor (when there isn't one staffed or if the one available call in) in addition to the Unit Manager, handle all patient complaints, all employee disciplinary actions, ect. You will not be given any training or orientation to your job position. You are expected to "learn it as you go." You will receive no formal training for their computerized charting EMR. You will shown on the floor as you work your job and try to juggle all of your responsibilities, ect.

Pros

None.

Cons

No breaks, severely understaffed, inability to voice concerns to upper management or you are threatened with being fired.

Work

I felt a negative air daily and I was very much busy daily. I passed meds and did treatments. I enjoyed the patients the most .The staff could be more friendly

Offers good insurance

Good insurance and benefits. Many staff too busy with gossip and their own drama to get a minimum amount of work done, let alone put forth any extra effort. I take far more pride in my work than that.

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Not accepting of new staff

Hard Work, but Rewarding with the right Attitude

Every day is busy and fast paced. I loved working on OB. Best nursing staff!! Working around different parts of the hospital was a learning experience, and challenged me in ways I never thought possible.

Very nice people Very knowledgeable

I loved working in Oneida Healthcare the people there are absolutely amazing. Whenever you needed a hand someone was always right there. if your looking for a job in the healthcare industry I'd look no further than Oneida Healthcare.

Poor management

Needs better management! Place is supposed to be a non bully facility..... it’s not!!! They let it continue. If your the one to complain about something, it’s turned around on you. They will extend your exit if you give notice and hold your PDO over your head.

great work environment

great work environment with friendly staff that is always willing to help others. I have learned a great deal from other associates at Oneida Healthcare.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oneida Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Oneida Healthcare