Oneida Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Slow. Lack of work.
Assisting other (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYJuly 3, 2018
Very slow. Lack of work. Good hours but, sat around a lot. Learned a great deal about general medicine. Good learning environment. Nice staff culture.
Pros
hours
Cons
lack of work
OK place to work,has some good people
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYJuly 2, 2018
Does not pay very well, well below industry standard. The people there are dedicated to patient care despite working short staff. Cannot get time off when you need it, just like other facilities. Not the responsibility of the staff to get coverage.
Pros
people there are dedicated to patients
Cons
low pay and no time off
safe, clean hospital to work at
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYMay 1, 2018
Transparency and experience are a shortfall. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing the best care possible to your patients.

Strives to meet or exceed goals, provides assistance for advanced education.

Short staffed at times, which leads to patients not seeing enough of their nurse.

Health Insurance costs continue to be a hardship for many employees
Pros
Cohesive staff usually work very well together
Cons
turnover continues
May 3, 2018

Thank you for your commitment to exceptional care. Providing the best care possible to our patients and residents is our number one goal. It is true that our health insurance premiums are more than most employers, but our health insurance coverage is also second to none. We want our employees and their families to be able to utilize health services without being charged large out-of-pocket costs every time they use it. We understand this may not be ideal for everyone. Thank you for review.

Horrible
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYApril 20, 2018
Only care about the buttom line not the patients or the employees

Management is awful
Very unorganized
Salary is poor
Not supportive when you want to advance
May 3, 2018

We’re sorry to hear that you thought so poorly about your employment experience. From your comments, it appears there was a lack of communication between you and your supervisor. We find this disappointing to be honest. For example, we do offer a generous tuition reimbursement program for employees looking to advance through higher learning. With improvement in mind, we encourage you to reach out to us so that we may better understand what experiences led to your comments. Our HR department can be reached at hcrowe@oneidahealthcare.org. We appreciate your feedback.

great place to progress
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Camden, NYJanuary 20, 2018
Oneida Healthcare is in a great location. For the respiratory profession it is a great place to learn because you still are exposed to a variety of things. The staff at Oneida Healthcare is wonderful, respectful, and friendly.
March 1, 2018

Thanks for your commitment to exceptional care… always. We appreciate it!

Hardest part of the job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Great people and a great place to work. The pay is just very low and is very understaff. The managers are great and so are most of the girls that work there.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Hourly wage
March 1, 2018

Thank you for the hard work you do as a CNA. We truly appreciate your contributions to the exceptional care our residents are provided every day. It is always our goal to offer competitive wages and we take great pride in providing a rich employee benefits package. We understand that the pay may not be as high as you would like it to be. As we continue to grow, we will look to reward our employees who contribute to our success. Keep up the hard work and thank you for your commitment to care.

low pay, but rewarding and hard work
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  ECF and MaternityDecember 10, 2017
A very clean hospital with an excellent staff. Great Residents in the ECF! Benefits are good, but expensive.
A lot of rooms to clean, and management double checks them for cleanliness.
Pros
learn a lot, good benefits
Cons
always short staffed, benefits are expensive.
March 1, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. It’s true that our health benefits may be more expensive when compared to high deductible plans offered by other employers. In short, the health of our employees is important to us. By providing them and their families with access to a comprehensive and low deductible health plan, we believe they will be in a better position to utilize services that keep them living healthy and strong. Thank you for your employment at Oneida Healthcare.

It is a good place to work.
Medical Office Clerk- Neurology Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
There is a good support system for employees to be able to talk to the managing staff. The comments from the staff is at least listened to and considered for improvements as needed.
March 1, 2018

Thanks for your positive review and your dedication as an employee at Oneida Healthcare.

A decent place to work.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYNovember 19, 2017
A decent place to work. Co-workers are fun. Cafeteria is large and accommodating. Management is usually open to suggestions and the CEO gives us regular updates on the financial status of the hospital.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
December 12, 2017

Thanks for the review. We have to be honest, after reading your comments we’re confused how you only rated us two stars? You seem to point out some items that normally lend to a higher rating – fun staff, accommodating café, good communications with management – what areas brought down your overall rating? As a current employee, please consider reaching out to our HR department (hcrowe@oneidahealthcare.org) so we can better understand how we could elevate your overall level of satisfaction. Thanks for your commitment to exceptional care… always.

Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYOctober 22, 2017
toileting, bathing, feeding, getting up and put to bed
to have compassion and patient
a wide range of culture
when they die
how close you get to some of the residents
November 6, 2017

Looks like you described the role of a CNA in extended care pretty accurately. They are some of the hardest working individuals in direct care. If you ever find it difficult to handle some of the emotions of the position related to when residents pass away, please stop by the HR department in the Hospital and inquire about Bridges. Bridges is a local nonprofit that we are partnered with to provide employees with access to free counseling to handle a number of difficulties in life including the one you mentioned. If you feel uncomfortable coming in HR the brochures are also located next to HR in the hallway. It’s private and confidential. Thank you for your commitment to our residents.

good place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYOctober 5, 2017
this hospital is the cleanest one i have ever worked in as well as the nicest. i like everything in this place but administration its a very small hospital so everyone is close.
Pros
pay cleanliness
Cons
administration
November 6, 2017

Thank you for the kind words regarding the cleanliness of our hospital and the overall quality. We have to give credit to our Environmental Services Department and medical staff as they really are exceptional in what they do. We’re interested to learn more about your comments regarding administration. We have always taken a “lead by example” approach and would find it valuable to know if somehow this was not translating correctly to key members of our team such as yourself. Please consider reaching out to our HR department so we can we better understand of what led to that comment: hcrowe@oneidahealthcare.org. Thanks for your employment at Oneida Healthcare.

I was an okay place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYAugust 14, 2017
I like the hospital because it let me get experience in both emergency and inpatient situations. It was hard to see my children working my shift, and I could not get a better shift unless I had seniority.
Cons
hard to get breaks
October 6, 2017

We understand that working 2nd or 3rd shifts can make it difficult to have a good work/life balance. We try to help employees by providing a generous amount of PDO from the start of their employment. Unfortunately, due to the lack of turnover in some departments and the process of seniority as you mentioned, it can take time for your ideal shift to become available. We thank you for your employment at Oneida Healthcare and wish you and your family a healthy and happy life.

fair place
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYAugust 9, 2017
OHC was a nice place to work. The staff there cared greatly for their patients. They worked well together. The work place was full of many different cultures in which i learned a lot from.
October 6, 2017

We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your employment. We think your feedback reflects the high level of people we employ and their commitment to coworkers, residents, and patients. Thank you for your time as an employee at Oneida Healthcare.

Worst department I've worked in
Cat Scan Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYJune 19, 2017
The morale in the department is so low. You are singled out and pushed out of your position if you are not liked by the department manager. There is no team unity within the department. The employees are pushed to their working limits with no compensation in pay. It has to be the worst department I've ever worked in.
Pros
Great PTO and benefits
Cons
Low morale, management is horrible to its employees
October 6, 2017

We’re sorry to hear that you thought so negatively about your employment experience. It is true that our imaging staff is a very busy group. Honestly, they have done such a great job taking care of patients that many people now choose Oneida Healthcare for their imaging results and that sometimes makes for a busy day. We’re surprised you thought there was no team unity among your department as employees normally rate their job satisfaction above average in our imaging department. We invite you to reach out to us so that we can better understand what experiences led to your negative review. Our HR department can be reached at hcrowe@oneidahealthcare.org. Thanks in advance.

Not enough staff
CS Tech (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYJune 10, 2017
In our department we only one tech and one supervisor plus a manager. On evening we only have one tech and one supervisor, we use to have one supervisor and two techs for days and evening but they eliminated one position due cut backs. When you have two techs taking turns working in Endoscopy you need two techs in central todo the job. That second tech works into the evening to give them two techs besides a supervisor.
Pros
work as a team
Cons
don't work as a team to get work done
October 6, 2017

Thanks for your 5-star review. Changes in healthcare over the recent years has continued to hamper the amount of resources organizations like Oneida Healthcare have at their disposal. We always aspire to have sufficient staffing that supports safe patient outcomes and employee success in the work place. We’re sorry if you found recent changes in staffing difficult to manage. As a current employee, we encourage you to talk to your manager or HR about how you feel these changes have affected your ability to complete your job successfully. We hope to hear from you.

fast paced
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hobart, WIFebruary 1, 2017
Very fast passed working environment. Seen many different things and worked with many different personalities. Hardest part of the job was keeping everyone happy, but the most enjoyable part was seeing my patients thrilled with how their appointment went.
Pros
working on different procedures
Cons
trying to please everyone
Working for people who dont care
Lab Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Get to work bearly brieft about what's ahead for shift. Piles of paperwork no organization. You can tell management a hundred times what the problem is and they will ignore it or deal with it 6 months later. Did not get paid what I was worth. Never got raises but was always needed for extra work because I was the only one that they could "depend" on. I learned how to interact with many people and many programs. The hardest about my job was always being mandated to cover shifts. The enjoyable part was that I loved the individuals I worked with.
Pros
People
Cons
Short staffed always and management
good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYJuly 7, 2016
friendly environment
good people to work with
days can be long but its enjoyable
patients are usually fridnly
quick services and a good lunch room
Not as good a place to work as people think
Worker (Former Employee) –  NYJune 28, 2016
Materials management use to be a good department to work in but now it's under new management and it's going down hill fast! And the higher up management doesn't even try to back up their employees or even look into what is really going on in a department. Favoritism is a major roll with this company!! The only good thing is the paid time off.
Oneida Healthcare has caring staff, Rn's, LPN's, Aides, Ward Clerks, Housekeeping, will go the extra mile for there patients.
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYMay 17, 2016
Working at Oneida Healthcare was an experience I enjoyed and hated. Management was poor in the way problems where handled and addressed. Instead of dealing with things in a mature fair manner it was the opposite. Just my experience and what I saw indirectly and directly it was like watching drama in a high school setting. To try to go up the ladder and deal with issues was the same, upper management acted as if they care but when it came to workers and issues action showed different.

Working with RN's, LPN's, Aides, Doctor's and Ward Clerk's was a joy and learned alot, great bunch of workers.

Better management, better communication skills, better problem solving and more encouragement to the staff that holds the place together.
Pros
co workers, doctors, staff joy to work with
Cons
poor management, lack of communication, problems handled poorly, gossip

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oneida Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Oneida Healthcare Reviews by Location