OneLife Fitness Employee Reviews

Fun and motivating place to work!
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 22, 2019
You meet new clients every day and see their physical progress of well being and it just motivates you to challenge yourself to do better in the gym! Kept really great friendships while working here! Staff gets along great to achieve a positive environment!
Good culture. Friendly coworkers
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ballston, VAJune 10, 2019
Decent company to work for. Growing with room for advancement. Normal sales hours. You get Hood hour break. Management flexible.
Dont think customer service pay is that good. Overall pretty good company. Can't complain
Pros
Sales can make pretty good money
Cons
Need better training for those with less experience. No official formal training classes
Fast paced and crowded
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 23, 2019
Had an alright time there. Very busy on certain days. Weights were everywhere and heavy. Rude and obnoxious people. Only liked a few coworkers. The pay was not enough.
Pros
Free admin
Cons
No benefits
It was a wonderful experience. Like a big family.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 7, 2019
I worked with people that became my family. It was a great five years. The owners are amazing. The owners take a group of the top performers on a trip for a week and pay for everything and it's a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the experience.
Pros
Cons
The crazy customers on steroids or energy drinks.
nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 25, 2019
Nice co-worker, the job was fun at times. A typical day i did the same things everday. The benefits were nice such as free access to the gym. Gave good hours.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
short break
slow paced
lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 23, 2019
slow paced, Always different tasks to complete, easy pay... manager of aquatics was very unprofessional and hostile. Benefits you get to take advantages of aquatics, gym areas.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Manager of aquatics, low pay
February 14, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad you took advantage of the benefits we offer. We are in the process of hiring a new Aquatics Director. If you have any additional feedback that would help us get better as a company, please email us at ourcommunity@onelifefitness.com. Thank you!

Friendly environment
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 14, 2018
What I enjoyed about working at Onelife Fitness was the friendly team. The management, the memberships, the trainers, and even the members were very friendly and kind. The vibe working there was always relaxed and that is what I loved about working there.
January 11, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you've enjoyed the friendly work environment at Onelife Fitness. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at ourcommunity@onelifefitness.com. Thank you for your employment with Onelife Fitness!

Onelife Fitness General Manger
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 25, 2018
Daily activities: I walk and clean the entire club
I review with my housekeeping department
I meeting with my Fitness director on expectation for the day
I meet with my maintenance to discuss any building issues
I meet with the sales team to discuss how to market and promote the fitness facility
I work on daily deposits
I meet with member throughout day to help resolve accounts and provide customer service
November 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you're enjoying your experience with Onelife Fitness. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at ourcommunity@onelifefitness.com. Thank you for your employment with Onelife Fitness!

Good atmosphere
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 2, 2018
Good energy throughout! They had a very friendly team to join. There were There were good and bad leaders but all around a good team! The toughest part was at busy hours and only having one hand to type, write, and answer phones. I enjoy socializing so seeing all of the familiar faces day to day was nice.
Pros
admittance to all locations
Cons
couldn't get enough hours
November 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed the friendly team and your employee membership at Onelife Fitness. If you have any additional feedback to help us improve as a company please email us at ourcommunity@onelifefitness.com. Thank you!

Great management
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 23, 2018
This company did not pay their employees enough but that is my only complaint. Great managers and staff. There are perks for working at a gym as well.
November 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are always looking at ways we can improve and your feedback is helpful. We're happy you enjoyed the managers and staff at your club and the complimentary membership. If you have any additional feedback please email us at ourcommunity@onelifefitness.com. Thank you!

Love this place
Former House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 16, 2018
I was a former member that turned into an employee. I have enjoyed my time with Onelife Fitness and will continue to urge my family and friends to support their active lifestyle with this company in their future.
October 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We're thrilled you've enjoyed your experience with us. If you have additional feedback that will help us improve as a company please email us at ourcommunity@onelifefitness.com. Thank you!

Toxic, abusive, terrible place
Femal Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 9, 2018
They facility is beautiful, but there is much more than meets the eye, management is terrible, abusive, and down right disrespectful. As a housekeeper you earn no respect. You have a pretty nasty job dealing with bodily fluids, stains, dirt, things you didnt know bodys could produce, yet the pay is very subpar, pay is $8/hr, $10/hr would be much more appropriate. Back to the management, lots of sexual harassment is present among managers, they will say masty things behind peoples backs, they do not appreciate anything you do, in their eyes something is always wrong, they will not listen to your complaints or your ideas to better the establishment. They will lie to you, threaten you with termination if they’re not in the mood to coach you. Its like working in a High School full of raging testosterone. Do not work here, if you valie yourself, have any bit of respect for yourself stay FAR away. I have seen people break down and have work bother their home life from the things they have gone through here, managers have gone as far as harrasing them on their days off about the facility. It IS NOT WORTH IT, an imternal investigation would reveal terrible things about this place, I am lucky enough to have moved on from here with my sanity.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Toxic, Management, Pay, Work Condition
October 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate you letting us know about your experience and we take your concerns very seriously. We would like to learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email us at ourcommunity@onelifefitness.com. Thank you.

Fun
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 2, 2018
It’s a great place to work at. I highly recommend that everyone should try to get a job there. It is a relaxing and enjoyable job. Very manageable for anyone.
October 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you're enjoying your experience at Onelife Fitness. If you have any further feedback to help us improve, please email us at ourcommunity@onelifefitness.com. Thank you!

Nice co-workers terrible management
sales (Former Employee) –  VA Beach, VASeptember 24, 2018
if u are in school,retired, or just want extra spending money then this is the job for you. The people are nice to work with but you can not live off of the pay.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Pay
October 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your input. If you have any additional feedback that will help us improve, please email us at ourcommunity@onelifefitness.com. Thank you!

Will work you like a slave for little to no pay but the people are great except managers
Playroom Attendant (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 7, 2018
The General mangers are not considerate and do not care about you unless it's strictly money. Get little money for slave labor. The only time you get compensated is when you're on the floor selling memberships (FCC). The gym is dirty and the equipment is old. I would not recommend working here unless you're transitioning into a different career.
Pros
My teammates/co-workers
Cons
Pay pay pay, management, the gym itself (just throw it away)
Here is what you can expect:
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greenbriar, VAAugust 30, 2018
You can expect to come to work and somehow be a self starter motivated beyond your paycheck. You can expect that both members and managment will not appreciate your efforts, despite their empty praise. You can expect that you will NOT be considered for a raise or promotion at any time, nor will you be notified of an opening for a better position. You can expect to be treated like a cog in a finacial machination of twisted morals and clandestine impropiety. You can expect to feel like after a few months of surviving beyond your probationary period that management is actively attempting to replace you by increasing the workload and putting you with individuals who are lazy or encourage laziness during their shift. If you succumb, know that you are subject to be terminated for poor job performance at any time, all the while, your direct supervisor is probably the least productive individual at your location. You can expect to be burned out if you try your best and actually CARE enough to provide "The ultimate fitness experience to every member, every time." At best, the management will hand out a blanket statement like: "You are all doing a great job!" or "Thanks for all you do!" You can expect to be thought of as less than human and unintelligent enough to fall for a psychological ploy such as a verbal pat on the head with no actual reward attached, only depleted acclaim. You can expect to be blamed and complained about/to anything that a member does not like and you can expect to feel alienated by your colleagues (white vs blue vs red collars) as they do. You can expect to be  more... betrayed by people who you thought you could trust because they wear a uniform that reads "Onelife", but their allegiances are to themselves. Promotions are hard to come by. You can expect that what ever you do will be defamed in favor of the one who is seeking a promotion (should you stick around long enough to see one) when they speak to the GM/AGM about being considered. You can expect when someone gets ahead it is because they gave theirs away and cut off someone else's in the process. Parents, this is an EXCELLENT starting job for an unruly or spoiled teenager. It will show them first-hand just how dishonorable and iniquitous working as a taxpaying adult can actually be.  less
Cons
Healthcare only applies to 40 hr employees, No hourly employee will EVER reach 40 hrs to be eligible, You are an inmate.
Fun job, too hard to make good money
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 22, 2018
A great job in theory, if you enjoy helping people with their health. But too difficult to actually make good money, at least as a trainer. Be prepared to "prospect" your butt off and hope you're good at closing.
Pros
Fun and enjoyable job, make your own schedule
Cons
Hustle everyday for a paycheck
Stable but had issues
costodian (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 20, 2018
I think one of my biggest issues with this job was that my department's manager quit and was never replaced. This caused issues due to the lack of communication displayed in this incident I didn't know who to ask for time off and also lead to late scheduling. Over all I liked my co worker and the environment wasn't bad at all It was a good high school job that I wanted just for the work experience and the extra spending money.
Pros
Free Membership to the gym along with other sizable discounts
Cons
lack of management
Poor management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brambleton, VAAugust 19, 2018
Poor management and poor treatment of clients. I can honestly said this is the worst place I had ever worked at. Management don’t care about employees or clients. The manager treat clients and employees who are Not White pretty bad, I witnessed myself. The managers don’t care about any employee at all. There’s a lot of descrimanation going on from managers. But overall I do not recommend working here, everything is bad. Work would not be bad if it was done fairly, but management will stress you out. Some employees will just clock in and go home and come back in a couple hours just to clock out but since they are supervisor favorite they will not do anything about it.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
Poor management
Not For Making a Living
Male Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAAugust 11, 2018
The workload was constantly going up with no added hours. Working till midnight was not very pleasant. Work hours were not helpful in flexibility and set in stone as 9 AM to 12 PM and 6 PM to 12 AM. This kind of scheduling was no good even for the purpose of the job. What was astonishing was during my fourth month there, the company decided that it wanted all of its employees that open and close the club to be CPR certified and they mandated that these employees get certified at their own cost.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
No career prospects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OneLife Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.